Not open for further replies.

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Welcome! To spice up the early access phase of Assetto Corsa and have some fun competition with your fellow AC fans here, we've decided to start up a weekly time trial event in the same spirit as our long-running Gran Turismo WRS hotlap competition.

Each week, a new car and track will be chosen (a combo) and everyone will have one week from Tuesday to the following Monday to practice, then submit their times.

Important rules to make this thing work well and be fun!

#1 DO NOT share your times, you can share some sector times, the first few, never share all sector times or your final sector time. This is to avoid people knowing the times before the competition deadline is over.

#2 The deadline is every Monday @ 11:59pm GMT

Thread discussion rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on privately between people if they wish):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread:
  • All sector times except the final one. i.e. if a track has 4 sectors, only share your first three.
  • Any settings discussion.
All sectors posted here will be fed to this in-week sector time practice leaderboard:
http://www.luxy.ca/wrs/leaderboard/

So the steps are as follows:
  1. Practice
  2. Post sector times here (optional)
  3. Submit to Gdocs form
  4. Wait for results

So, to get things kicked off, we're starting off this week at Mugello!

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa WRS Week 1: Mugello My Eggo

AlVDVJC.png

Race Details:
  • Mode: AC Mode : Drive: Challenges : Hotlap
  • Track: Mugello
  • Car: BMW M3 E30 (Standard)
ScreenHunter_25 Jan. 11 06.11.png

• Paint and Custom wheels: Allowed
  • Realism: All aids are allowed and you may run with or without fuel consumption and tyre wear
  • Tyre Type: Street Tyre (NOT STREET '90s, NOT SEMI-SLICK)
  • Tuning: All tuning is open, from the amount of fuel, to aero adjustments and everything in between.

ScreenHunter_25 Jan. 11 06.12.png

Track Specifics:
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Tarmac and Rumblestrips/Kerbs are Track.
  • The concrete and AstroTurf surfaces found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not Track.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • Always save your replay! Submissions will not be taken without it. (located in My Documents > My Games > Assetto Corsa > Replay
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on tarmac or rumble strips will be DQ'd.
  • The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If you do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd:

ScreenHunter_23 Jan. 11 06.08.png
DbMHAuc.png

Submission:
All submissions must be sent through our Google Docs form here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y6Fanb9cPs49v90Vg_FIMCmJsrOFfdlEGG3uwPzdmHc/viewform

• It's recommended you do not submit times until right before deadline.
  • Users can overwrite their previous time by submitting again.
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • The deadline is Monday, January 20th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
ScreenHunter_24 Jan. 11 06.10.png

Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:
  • Racers, will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
ScreenHunter_24 Jan. 11 06.11.png

Good luck,:gtplanet:
Wardez, @Jump_Ace

Are we certain there are no time advantages / disadvantages of using shift aids, clutch, etc.?

Are we certain there are no time advantages / disadvantages of using shift aids, clutch, etc.?

From what i've seen on the rsr leaderboards is that most of the fastest times are without anything. Me personally i use auto clutch and blip for now until i get a new six speed as my cheapie fanatec broke.

There is a small disadvantage to using autoclutch etc, but honestly that is offset by the advantage of being able to keep 2 hands on the wheel and left foot brake, unless at the point of absolute min/max finding hundredths then autoclutch + paddles is probably the fastest way to go.

I find it strange that laptimes are not allowed to be discussed, does that have to do with people not setting specific goals? For example when I first did my GT2 laps at Imola I was 2 seconds off what was capable, after knowing I was 2 seconds off (achievement added + alien drivers laptimes) I set to work on improving my time to achieve it.

I've personally been driving with everything set to pro + h-shifter. Though I do remember I made a lot of time at Magione in the X-bow by turning on the cars own ABS system + using flappy paddle gears instead of my H-shifter. The ABS fixed the cars tendancy to lock up brakes too easily and combined with the paddles it allowed me to focus more on entry speed with 2 hands on the wheel. Guess it depends on the car/track combo.

Does the game allow you to use combination not true to the car? Say, does it allow you to use clutch + paddles on an H transmission car? I'm more curious than anything. I haven't driven this combo yet so it looks like a fun way to begin. I haven't found a good pace on AC yet... :ill:

Does the game allow you to use combination not true to the car? Say, does it allow you to use clutch + paddles on an H transmission car? I'm more curious than anything. I haven't driven this combo yet so it looks like a fun way to begin. I haven't found a good pace on AC yet... :ill:

Yeah it does allow that, though it doesn't appear to work exactly like clutch + h-shifter. The game has to allow this as it supports all controllers, many wheels don't come with a h-shifter.

I find it strange that laptimes are not allowed to be discussed, does that have to do with people not setting specific goals? For example when I first did my GT2 laps at Imola I was 2 seconds off what was capable, after knowing I was 2 seconds off (achievement added + alien drivers laptimes) I set to work on improving my time to achieve it.

Traditional WRS rule, has always been there, makes things funner once results come around imo.

You can still see what others pace is by seeing the first couple splits, so no worries.

Woot woot! Looks great buddy! :bowdown:

I'd give some inaugural splits, but my wheel is in the shop. But I got the leaderboard started.

Jerome

Last edited:
What a fun combination! Is fuel weight modeled in the sim yet? If so, the de facto setting will be 1L gas and no fuel consumption.

Anyways, the game just crashed on me while using the Steam overlay to type this very post. :( Would be awesome if someone else could try and post from the overlay while the sim is running to see if this is going to be a problem.

Nice one. 👍

Would be maybe nice to see some simple guide about what's the most convinient way to save your (fastest) replay and check splits. Also where the game saves the replay files.

Don't know how popular this is now, but I'm sure it will get more popular as the game gets closer to 1.0.
Kudos to you guys starting already though. :)

Last edited:
All good points JvM, thank you. We'll work on that 👍

Jerome

Reactions: JvM
JvM
Nice one. 👍

Would be maybe nice to see some simple quide about what's the most convinient way to save your (fastest) replay and check splits. Also where the saves the replay files.

Don't know how popular this is now, but I'm sure it will get more popular as the game gets closer to 1.0.
Kudos to you guys starting already though. :)

Once you exit your driving session, there will be a chart with all your lap times for the session. On the top right of this chart you'll find the "Save Replay" button. To display your split times, when you're driving (as in, in-car) move your mouse all the way to the right of your screen(s) and turn on the "Session Ranking" app. :)

The location of the saved replays is already mentioned on the OP. 👍

i have a question regarding the E30.... there are 3 different versions... standard, drift and step one.... is the standard version the one we are to use?

Once you exit your driving session, there will be a chart with all your lap times for the session. On the top right of this chart you'll find the "Save Replay" button. To display your split times, when you're driving (as in, in-car) move your mouse all the way to the right of your screen(s) and turn on the "Session Ranking" app. :)

All right, cheers.

The location of the saved replays is already mentioned on the OP. 👍

My bad, missed that. :dunce: :D

i have a question regarding the E30.... there are 3 different versions... standard, drift and step one.... is the standard version the one we are to use?

Whichever one's fastest for you 👍 , just don't use the racecar one.

Should clarify which version, the S1 is likely to be the fastest as it has part upgrades. If it's anything like the other cars with the upgrade version then it's near enough a different car.

Should clarify which version, the S1 is likely to be the fastest as it has part upgrades. If it's anything like the other cars with the upgrade version then it's near enough a different car.

Man, you're so right, can't believe I overlooked those. Only the standard version is allowed.

Sounds like fun. First deadline is in 36 hours or so, yeah? I might be able to put in a few laps before that, but I doubt I'll have time to really work at it on this first one anyway.

so... if this was the case
why keep replays?
*troll face*

on a more serious note
are we allowed to 'tune' it? Like spoiler values and tyre pressure

Sounds like fun. First deadline is in 36 hours or so, yeah? I might be able to put in a few laps before that, but I doubt I'll have time to really work at it on this first one anyway.

Oops! haha, fixed, it was meant to be the Monday after, the 20th, not this Monday.

so... if this was the case
why keep replays?
*troll face*

on a more serious note
are we allowed to 'tune' it? Like spoiler values and tyre pressure

Yes! All tuning is allowed, everything, just keep to the standard car.

I'll throw some splits up early on in the week.

I'm guessing we're allowed to talk about our laps?

At least for me, I've still got lots of time to find. The first sector is going OK, at least I think I can be fairly consistent about it, even if I suspect that there's a faster way through. Corners 6 and 7 are kicking my arse, you can get through really fast but the care needed not to upset the car is intense. 8 and 9 are great, a little lift to get it turned in and I can be full on the throttle all the rest of the way through. Having trouble spotting the braking points for 10 and 12, and while I suspect that super deep and massive speed onto the straight is the best way to take the final corner it's harder to do than it is to say. ;)

Heaps of fun though.

P.S. I'm finding the frame rate a bit juddery. Not low, just not smooth. I think I need to play with my settings a bit more, it's quite distracting (racing driver excuses!).

Last edited:

Yes that's quite alright! Glad you're having fun, I'm about to run some laps myself :D

At least for me, I've still got lots of time to find. The first sector is going OK, at least I think I can be fairly consistent about it, even if I suspect that there's a faster way through. Corners 6 and 7 are kicking my arse, you can get through really fast but the care needed not to upset the car is intense. 8 and 9 are great, a little lift to get it turned in and I can be full on the throttle all the rest of the way through. Having trouble spotting the braking points for 10 and 12, and while I suspect that super deep and massive speed onto the straight is the best way to take the final corner it's harder to do than it is to say. ;)

Heaps of fun though.

P.S. I'm finding the frame rate a bit juddery. Not low, just not smooth. I think I need to play with my settings a bit more, it's quite distracting (racing driver excuses!).

Leaderbaord has been started!

Jerome

I don't think the latest patch made a difference in terms of lap times, at least not for this car. It feels a little bit different, but not slower.

guys halp
my session ranking no display sector times
pissing me off
LOL

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back