Assetto Corsa (WRS) Weekly Race Series

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 56 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see some AC players here. I just bought the game the other day and first impressions are great. Will try to join next event.

looks like i'm off the pace!
Don't worry about it, mostly it's just practice, practice, practice. :) If you want any general tips, I'd say most importantly keep in mind that the engine is quite weak so you want to keep momentum through the turns as much as possible. Once you figure out how much speed you can carry in a particular corner it's mostly about nailing the line at entry, as you can pretty much floor it and not worry about losing the rear or understeering wide.

Not much activity in the thread but I improved a little so here are some new splits:

Wardez, I was going to submit my lap time but the google doc says it doesn't open until sun 19th which unless I'm mistaken is today? :P

Don't worry about it, mostly it's just practice, practice, practice. :) If you want any general tips, I'd say most importantly keep in mind that the engine is quite weak so you want to keep momentum through the turns as much as possible. Once you figure out how much speed you can carry in a particular corner it's mostly about nailing the line at entry, as you can pretty much floor it and not worry about losing the rear or understeering wide.

Not much activity in the thread but I improved a little so here are some new splits:

Wardez, I was going to submit my lap time but the google doc says it doesn't open until sun 19th which unless I'm mistaken is today? :P

thx, just need some more seat & setup time, was only able to carve a few laps out earlier this week, gonna try and get back behind the wheel tonite and give u a run for ur money =P

Each week, a new car and track will be chosen (a combo) and everyone will have one week from Sunday to Saturday night to practice, then submit their times.
Is that just a mistake? If so are we allowed to still to attempt this today and submit before deadline? Not sure if I will have time to try it, haven't played this sim since the first couple of days it came out so will be interesting to see how it has progressed. Big concern for me regarding this TT is the tuning, will have to read up on it I guess to see what is fastest way in this sim.

Is that just a mistake? If so are we allowed to still to attempt this today and submit before deadline? Not sure if I will have time to try it, haven't played this sim since the first couple of days it came out so will be interesting to see how it has progressed. Big concern for me regarding this TT is the tuning, will have to read up on it I guess to see what is fastest way in this sim.

Yeah, sorry, mistake. You still have time till deadline today, which is in about 2 and a half hours.

Yeah, sorry, mistake. You still have time till deadline today, which is in about 2 and a half hours.
Thanks for the update, it looks like I won't be able to take part for this first event but next one I should be able to spend some time on it. Best of luck to everyone who is taking part 👍.

Results for week 1!
upload_2014-1-21_8-22-28.png

Congratulations yanaran, for winning the first week of AC WRS!

The next combo post with full information will be posted fully later tonight or tomorrow. For now, I'll just let you guys know what it is so you can start practicing if you wish:
Lotus 2-Eleven @ Silverstone GP

Results for week 1!
View attachment 103261

Congratulations yanaran, for winning the first week of AC WRS!

The next combo post with full information will be posted fully later tonight or tomorrow. For now, I'll just let you guys know what it is so you can start practicing if you wish:
Lotus 2-Eleven @ Silverstone GP
Well done to yanaran on the win 👍.

Is this week still happening or will it be extended to next week once full information is posted for it?

Congrats yanaran, great time :)

@Wardez
Will you post new Car/Track combinations every week, or do we wait for more players to get the competition rolling?

I don't think you need to make yourself as much work each time as you did in the 1st week, all we need to know is:
Car, Track and Tyre Compound

The rule to always have 2 wheels between the white lines or on the curb is pretty clear and doesn't need much explanation.

@Lotus 2-Eleven:
Bloody hell! This car is the most difficult I've yet come accross in Assetto Corsa.
Understeering all over the place and still I loose the back in the slow corners all the time.
It helps not to change down into a corner to keep the car steady, but then you loose 0.5s when accelerating out of the corner.
I really should learn to do setups :)

Here is what I managed on Semi-Slicks this evening:

@Lotus 2-Eleven:
Bloody hell! This car is the most difficult I've yet come accross in Assetto Corsa.
Understeering all over the place and still I loose the back in the slow corners all the time.
It helps not to change down into a corner to keep the car steady, but then you loose 0.5s when accelerating out of the corner.
I really should learn to do setups :)

funny i had the same exact thoughts after a few laps - heavy understeer under power and rear grip is like driving on ice on slow corners. That default setup is doing the car no favors i suppose.

funny i had the same exact thoughts after a few laps - heavy understeer under power and rear grip is like driving on ice on slow corners. That default setup is doing the car no favors i suppose.

I still haven't found the sweetspot for this car yet, but lower Suspension/ARBs has made the car much more docile for me. But looking at the leaderboards on RsrLiveTime/RivaliTempo I'm still way off the pace...

I was really looking forward to joining this when I saw the OP, as I bought AC yesterday.
Will this continue to run? There's just been one event so far from what I can tell.

I don't think you're allowed to arrange races with entry fees on GT Planet, but if you're planning to give away money without any fees I'm sure they'll be ok with that. ;)

I don't think you're allowed to arrange races with entry fees on GT Planet, but if you're planning to give away money without any fees I'm sure they'll be ok with that. ;)
Correct, you can't solicit money on GTP, even if it's 100% going to one of the competitors. It was tried recently in the GT6 section and Jordan shut it down.

yea no fees just my money to promote the greatest driving sim on the market right now...
Oh wait i'm still trying for GT Academy, i meant SECOND greatest driving sim on the market right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back