Assoluto Racing - iOS / Android (Out now on iOS and Android!)

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 681 comments
France
Tokyo
Hi everyone!

Few days ago i realized my childhood dream and released my first game on the Apple Store.
Assoluto Racing!
http://www.assolutoracing.com

For those who had played and supported Redline Racing on PC and MAC, Assoluto Racing is just the continuation of that project and this thread.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/my-racing-simulation-build-07.258279/

It was a hard battle against myself to find the energy and the mental strength to finish that project.

I am working in Japan and i am quite busy with my official job, so i had to develop my own game after a day of work at the office or during the week ends..
This was seriously super tough to keep that situation for around 2 years.
I many times thought that i was going to give up...

Fortunately during the process i always had full support from my family and friends who always believed and supported the project.

Members of GTPlanet also played a great role and their support was absolutely amazing.
I would like to thanks the following members for their help during the last years.

@Ameer67
@Flex0r
@GTvsForza
@NP
@rallymorten
@xZAMGMarmite

And many others that are not listed here.

:bowdown:

To really understand the concept and philosophy behind Assoluto Racing, we have to go back in time and understand where i come from, my own story.

I was around 14 years old when i first play the first Gran Turismo on the PSX and this game was like a revelation to me. At this age i was already thinking, "one day i will make my own racing game". :)
The game have in fact a lot of similarities with the GT series. (1 to 4).

The concept was already in my head.
Simple and refined design, easy to navigate menus and a game focused on cars and driving.

The game offer a realistic driving style and the largest tunable options to date on mobile.
Giving the player a wide range of possible driving style.

This is only the beginning and hopefully the game will evolve smoothly thanks to the feedback from the community.

Thank you for reading and please forgive my non native English.

PV

Grip Driving with Honda NSX-R

Drift Driving with Nissan Silvia S15

screen_07_1136x640.png screen_06_1136x640.png screen_02_1136x640.png screen_04_1136x640.png screen_05_1136x640.png

Last edited:
Where is my emulator when I need it?

In fact, where's the Android version when I need it? :lol:

I gotta say, kudos for pulling this one through. It's come a long, long way since it surfaced (heck, it's come a long way since it was called Redline Racing) and I cannot wait to see where this takes you. Despite my less-than-average phone and the derpy (or rather lack of) steering in the emulator recently, being a tester on this has really given me an insight into some of the stuff a game goes through, and hopefully we weren't completely useless :lol:

If you ever feel like me picking up my old profession would be a welcome addition, I will push everything aside (except for school work. Probably wisest to have that as first priority still) to pay back for this amazing opportunity. I feel like Michael in GTA V when he sees his name as associate producer of a Solomon Richards production! :D

Just gave her a try gotta say it's a pretty good game smooth and clean looking. Didn't breeze through the licenses like I thought I would. All I can say the game needs so far is option for a manual transmission. And of course more cars or do they become unlocked. But so far it's the best racing game I've tried on a phone. Online racing in the future and maybe driving assists for the wee ones

Congrats :cheers: I'm definitely giving this a try later. Would be a nice break from No Limits.

Just curious, how hard is it to get all the car manufacturer licenses for this game?

Very cool to see the game evolve from a PC build to a full release in the App Store and it was an absolute pleasure testing the game and giving feedback.
As can be seen in the other threads you guys put a bucket load of time, effort, dedication and passion in the game and it shows, so hats off to you guys.

Looking forward to the release in the Android Store.
Congratulations on the release :cheers:

Last edited:
It was amazing working for and with you, @jujunosuke. Of course, you will have ups and downs over the course of two years. It is indeed a huge span of time when it comes to finding the motivation to finish such a behemoth of a project.

In my opinion, taking a look at the results is more than enough to realise that it was more than worth it to invest all the time and effort into this one-of-a-kind project.

The funny thing is: Even though a select few of us (you know who you are and you're awesome!) were able to support the project and give direct feedback on all the different test builds, only you really know how much commitment it took to create this game from the ground up.

In any case, I want to say a huge thank you to all participants in our private, little (but cozy!) conversation and especially you, @jujunosuke. It's a real honour to be mentioned amongst all others!

What else is there to say? Bring on that Supra license test! :lol:

Finally gave this a try. Game is absolutely beautiful, runs silky smooth (I'm using iPad 2 Air) and the UI is a joy to use. Menu music reminds me a lot of GT PSP (any chances of the soundtrack getting released btw? :D). Car selection seems a bit thin though (understandbly licensing is hard to get). Car upgrade system is great and I can see it has exactly the same options as GT1/2 :D The driving is pretty difficult for me. The arrows are too twitchy, the wheel doesn't have enough turn, and accelerometer steering gives me motion sickness. The underlying physics seems solid, but I'll save this game for when it's released on PC :lol:

Thank you for the sweet comments and support everyone!

VXR
Wow, that looks like a dream come true for mobile. Love the name, inspired by the brand in Ridge Racer at all?
Spot on! That is exactly where the name come from!

I am a huge fan of Ridge Racer Type 4.
In the game, the Racetrack Blue City is also a kind of tribute to Ridge Racer city racetracks.

Finally gave this a try. Game is absolutely beautiful, runs silky smooth (I'm using iPad 2 Air) and the UI is a joy to use. Menu music reminds me a lot of GT PSP (any chances of the soundtrack getting released btw? :D). Car selection seems a bit thin though (understandbly licensing is hard to get). Car upgrade system is great and I can see it has exactly the same options as GT1/2 :D The driving is pretty difficult for me. The arrows are too twitchy, the wheel doesn't have enough turn, and accelerometer steering gives me motion sickness. The underlying physics seems solid, but I'll save this game for when it's released on PC :lol:

Hi @LeGeNd-1 !
Please follow the below guideline to hopefully get better controls.
During the game in the option, you can try to remove the tilt if that give you motion sickness :)

Pause during the game ---> Config ---> Tilt Horizon Off
Capture d’écran 2016-05-10 à 23.30.04.png

For the wheel that does not turn enough, this is because iPad screen is quite huge.
What you can do is to configure it the way you want.

Pause during the game ---> Controls --->
Then you click on this to get the detail (I know its not very obvious, need to add a "detail" button or something)
Capture d’écran 2016-05-10 à 23.34.24.png

You will see that screen
Capture d’écran 2016-05-10 à 23.30.23.png

You can move and resize the colliders freely.
So if you make the collider size smaller, you will turn more.

Hope that help!

Hi @LeGeNd-1 !
Please follow the below guideline to hopefully get better controls.
During the game in the option, you can try to remove the tilt if that give you motion sickness :)

Pause during the game ---> Config ---> Tilt Horizon Off
View attachment 545220

For the wheel that does not turn enough, this is because iPad screen is quite huge.
What you can do is to configure it the way you want.

Pause during the game ---> Controls --->
Then you click on this to get the detail (I know its not very obvious, need to add a "detail" button or something)
View attachment 545221

You will see that screen
View attachment 545222

You can move and resize the colliders freely.
So if you make the collider size smaller, you will turn more.

Hope that help!

Thanks a lot for that. I didn't even know those options existed. I'll give those a try 👍

Hello!

1.0.2 is out!
I don't know how many player that represent here but we added few countries to this iOS release.
New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia.

Still working hard on the global release ^^

Would help a lot if you guys could share Assoluto through our website.
http://www.assolutoracing.com
(There are sharing buttons on top right)

Last edited:
Hey guys, the release is approaching greatly!

I am looking for a person who could help us to translate the game in the following languages :

- Spanish
- Portuguese
- German <-- @NP
- Italian

Is there anyone here who would like to help?
The amount of work is not big at all, could be done in 2 hours probably.
We already translated in these languages using google translate to fasten translation.

We could pay for the work and you would appear in the credits :)
Let me know please. ^^

Last edited:
Back