Aston Martin Confirms the Valkyrie Will Race at Le Mans

One step closer to this :drool: Great time for racing fans 👍

Va8i4UyxRIi8IrJDRtEP-A

My wishlist of other manufacturers who could join in addition to above, and their base cars:
Pagani - Zonda R or Huayra BC
Lamborghini - Veneno or Aventador SVJ
Bugatti - Chiron VGT or Divo
Apollo - Intensa Emozione
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus - 003
Brabham - BT62
Gordon Murray Design - the F1 replacement

I honestly think IMO, Le Mans is dead. Back in the 60s all the big names wanted to win to prove themselves. Whats there to prove now, Ferrari won Le Mans, so what. Move onto next year. Thats how i feel it is now. Its time for another race or series. The electric car series they got now, its new. Lots to learn about with these cars and to use in everyday life
I mean, if we win something all the time, we get bored and tired of it and want something new right?
Just my personal opinion. Im from the east coast of usa so im not over there to experience le mans and have the feelings for it as we do daytona 500 and indy 500.
The manufactures want to prove themselves in other ways
IMO Ferrari is not going to gain anything with success at Le mans or even with F1, because they have already had so much
I wouldn't say lemans is dead, it just, like F1, lost some of it's glitter throughout the years in preference of other races (IMO, Nurburgring it's the current 24h king since it allows more cars, it's more democratic and it's "x" times harder than LeMans) and because it became more predictable as well.

The new rules can change that since it's basically a modernized GT1 format, homologated cars with cutting-edge tech and aero, more freedom with less money and doesn't have a mandatory who-comes-first order... Now we have already road-going hypercars and we are getting now the road-based race-going hypercars, how long will it take to finally see another race-based road-going hypercar??. Only time will say, but it wouldn't be too long, besides, in these times, exporting the race tech to the road car would be so easily the only difference between both would be the body kits, the rules help in that too.

Now with the racing part, that goes depending on how the rules BOP the cars but that part is where creativity comes apart for the engineers. Honestly, thanks to these rules, things like these are not that far off IMO (And the VGTs are not far off from become real too).

1412877181-screenshot06.png 1454244278-avtlasrr2.jpg fBki0DJ.jpg

Just to be clear, the hypercars will be racing in the 2020 Le Mans, or will it be 2021 before they're at Le Mans?

Just to be clear, the hypercars will be racing in the 2020 Le Mans, or will it be 2021 before they're at Le Mans?

They won't be competing at Le Mans until 2021. I'm sure next year's edition will be a popular time to unveil the final version of entries though.

Le Mans is now the end of the season, so the hypercars for the 2020-2021 season will first race in August-ish 2020 at probably the Silverstone 6hr, then their first Le Mans will be in June 2021 to end the season.

Back