Bronze: 1:00.000
Silver: 0:53.000
Gold: 0:50.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.40,000
Silver: Cr.70,000
Gold: Cr.110,000

Participation Award:
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT car obtained just by entering event.
At least one full lap must be driven regardless of whether the time is valid or invalid.

Courtesy car:
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
Tires: RH, Specs: PP 649/799 HP/1375 kg.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tunes:
Not Applicable to event.

Course Conditions:
Time: 15:00
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Red Bull Ring Short Track

02-RBRSTrack.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Introducing the Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
2115 MB for this? What am I missing?
Question is asked in the update 1.10.

I figure this.
lots of cars can have race numbers.
game needs polygons to attach the texture ( wireframe piece attach and map the race texture)
lots of different cars, with different curves, so it's not like one wireframe for all cars.
For those cars, all 3d wireframes ( mesh) are changed so you can apply the racenumber texture.

That's what i think. Same goes for the coloring of calipers, those are also changed into uv-mapping for color.
So i think all 3d models had to be replaced to get this effect, the old textures of the cars are not replaced because they still fit the models.

Been thinking the same thing...

Ah. "The brake callipers of cars fitted with a racing brake kit can now be painted. (Not all cars' brake callipers can be painted.)

The number of cars to which driver numbers can be attached has been increased. Base designs can now also be selected."

Edit:

And the Nissan Concept 2020 VGT.

46.320 after 10 minutes or so. Shifting at around 6500-6750rpm.

Car handles like trash, massive oversteer going into corners and catastrophic understeer on the power. Very strange choice of track too.

Will not be putting anymore time into this one.

I'm obviously a beginner here :( 0:51.xxx after a few tries to get the silver. This car seems oversteering a lot when driving aggressively and understeering a lot when driving conservatively. I am still new to both the track and the car. I think there is a little yellow stone that snap my car in some corners which slows me down so much. Any tips from the pro?

I'm using DFGT wheel on automatic transmission mode.

0:46:406, rank 102 after a few laps! Whoop Whoop!!!! What a great car/track combo! I love it!!! :cheers::cheers:
You have to shift up very early, around 7000rpm!

What are the pros and cons of shifting early vs shifting late?? Insight on this is appreciated. Thanks.
It all depends on the car and the tune. You gotta look at the Power & torque diagramm of each car to figure out.
I also look at the way the turbo boost acts when reving, and try to feel how the car "pulls" at certain rpm.
If you are in doubt, watch the top guys, and memorize the rpm at which they are shifting!

Did three lapt, manage 48 I thing. The right hander, after the first corner, is important. With this Tyres the car is bit"nervous"on front wheels, but definitely Thers a space to improve for me, I'll do tomorrow some Laps! Great car tho, but they should keep
The whole track not this one! But anyway!

Ton of fun.
First lap was great. Nailed turn one out of the box, blue lines in my dust!
Turn 2...
Never been here before... ended up up the full track/escape road, and sent a traffic cone into low Earth orbit.
But once I did my second lap I was up for a gold - but I felt it was dirty in the final part of the old Schikane corner - I guess the aliens will be miles off the track too. Put in a much cleaner lap.

Car felt really fun and touchy to drive... not planted but not a psychohosebeast that would rip your head off if you try to turn.

Hardest part was picking a prize car colour... Ocellus Teal with Orange stripe. If only it was Dark Green rather than Dark Blue.

Really enjoyed the long open corners here... (Turns 2/3/4 I guess) almost old fashioned.

The All Silver version looks a Bit like an Old Doctor Who Cyberman with the teardrop soulless eyes.

Can you give a specific example such as this car? Why early shifting?

It all depends on the car and the tune. You gotta look at the Power & torque diagramm of each car to figure out.
I also look at the way the turbo boost acts when reving, and try to feel how the car "pulls" at certain rpm.
If you are in doubt, watch the top guys, and memorize the rpm at which they are shifting!

I'm obviously a beginner here :( 0:51.xxx after a few tries to get the silver. This car seems oversteering a lot when driving aggressively and understeering a lot when driving conservatively. I am still new to both the track and the car. I think there is a little yellow stone that snap my car in some corners which slows me down so much. Any tips from the pro?

I'm using DFGT wheel on automatic transmission mode.

I'm not that good a driver but managed to get the hang of this. It has oodles of power so the key seems to be the old slow in fast out. Break nice and early for the bends and accelerate hard out the other side. Apart from the tight right left in the middle where smooth and steady seems to be the key.

Hope you get that elusive gold on this :)

so now the new system is going and boy what a difference :D as well as tv upgrade WOW :bowdown: bashed out a 47.409 with a couple tenths still there but can't string it together so this will do me............and no more glitches so far like me ol fatty had.winning :)

It took me a while to get use to this car but I set a 48.5. The only thing I need to watch out is the power input and the brakes because it can't stop very good. It is fast in a straight line and if you drive it right, it handles like a race car.

Did three lapt, manage 48 I thing. The right hander, after the first corner, is important. With this Tyres the car is bit"nervous"on front wheels, but definitely Thers a space to improve for me, I'll do tomorrow some Laps! Great car tho, but they should keep
The whole track not this one! But anyway!

Good to see you applauding and not poo-pooing a TT. :cheers: :)

EDIT: Sorry for double post. :scared:

For those of you inquiring about the file size of the update, keep in mind that there are TWO videos that are in the Vision GT section (one for each car, of course) that needed to be installed.

I'm not a big fan of these time trials. I get my Gold and move on. In the case of this car, I barely got gold - but it was after only a couple of warm-up laps, learning the car's behavior. I'm not trying to say that I could approach the times you guys achieve, but I don't know...there's something about these Vision GT cars that I just don't like, so I don't spend much time doing the events.

Last edited:
I was gone on this , couldn't figure out why I was getting worse not better. :banghead:
So I switched to MT ( I usually use AT ) and I improved by over a second to - :46.737 :D

Thats it for me done with this one. Going to go and practice with the MT ( I use MT IRL everyday driving ) but it's just too much to think about in this game for me :dopey:

:cheers:

For those of you inquiring about the file size of the update, keep in mind that there are TWO videos that are in the Vision GT section (one for each car, of course) that needed to be installed.

There seems to be a bit more lurking in there...
...you may want to see this thread's OP about a certain "Circuito", & 3rd VGT. :sly:

Back