Astro BotPS5 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fezzik
  • 64 comments
  • 13,641 views
Messages
8,677
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Fezzik1983
Messages
Fezzik1983
Full scale sequel to the excellent PS5 pack-in Astro's Playroom and the incredible PSVR game Rescue Mission. Out in September. A proper 3D platformer to (hopefully) rival Mario. Will include cameos and outfits from the whole history of Playstation, including Gran Turismo.







 
Last edited:
Waiting for this since i played Astro at the release of the PS5. :dopey:

Sackboy 2 would be nice as well. Maybe Astro gets some couch coop too.
 
My children are hyped for this game. My youngest son has when I will get the game. My younger two love Astro's Playroom. My daughter loves to do the speed runs. This looks like it's fun and I might get it for them during the holidyas
 
Astro's Playroom is still my fave PS5 exclusive, and I'm not even being facetious. I don't pre-order games ever but I've made an exception for this, as I want it to do well and continue on in the future for sure.
 
I have to say our all the different systems I have owned Astro's Playroom is probably my favorite game that has shipped with a system
 
Yeah, the PS5 included game was surprisingly good and a fantastic trip down memory lane for PS fans. The music is still stuck in my head too 😂

Looking forward to this new one.
 
Astro's playroom was a nice surprise, really really enjoyed it so will definitely pick those up.

Hoping it's a long game this time around as it's a full paid for release.
 
Yep, also on the hype train for this one. Got my pre-order in. Playroom is also the first game that the wife and I platinum’d together.

I really want this to do well, then maybe we’ll get some really good fun and lite hearted games rather than the dark, brooding violent stuff we get all the time.

Give me some cartoon slapstick violence instead.
 
My daughter and I have spent many hours playing Astro’s Playroom so this is a must buy for me.

It’s kind of crazy how a free, 4 year old game is still one of the PS5’s best exclusives. It shows what developers can do when they aren’t held back by previous generation consoles.
 
Last edited:
Started playing Astro's Playroom again to get 100% in the game. I also did the DLC where you had to save Maria from Bloodborne. I think they have some more DLC coming in the next weeks that is similar to the 1st one
 
I watched that today. It looks like this might be a game of the year contender. I'm trying to wait until Christmas to get it but that might not happen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
 
I may have to get one of these


It the touchpad doenst blink when I put my finger on it, I would be quite a bit dissappointed.
"ouch, away with your finger!"
 
A GT crossover in the Playroom updates, little teasers for the new game

IMG_4628.jpeg


IMG_4629.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Currys have a 15%off code for pre ordering and I want the game to succes so went ahead and pre ordered it. Don't often pre order so hope I don't regret it.

Really looking forward to playing something fun and not so serious before I get into Silent Hill 2 and Alan Wake 2.
 
And the countdown begins…

IMG_0559.png



Edit…

New Launch Trailer

 
Last edited:
We tried the demo at the local BestBuy store, my daughter really liked it.
 
I'm ready for Friday! Got the 4 bots from Astro's Playroom
 
93 on MetaCritic let's gooooooooooo!

EDIT: 94 now.
 
Last edited:





 
Last edited:
Not a review but the Digital Foundry Tech Review.

BTW, with Astro Bot being such a success I'm sure the IP will be expanded and a kart racer will be coming!



I like the way your thinking.
 
Amazing scores! with this scoring so high and Concord failing like it did I hope this shows Sony what games people really want, just needs to sell well...

Can't wait to play it over the weekend, wonder if I will be able to stay away from watching the reviews before I play it.
 
The contrast between this and Concord is just hilarious. If this doesn't wake up the people running Sony then nothing will. Players just want good games, not generic slop with an agenda.
 
Last edited:
I hope Astro Bot (game made in a couple years by a small team and is just like something Sony would have made when they weren't a creatively bankrupt Oscar bait publisher that remasters games for a system that is backwards compatible with the first remaster of that same game) sells a Morbillion copies and Sony, excited that people are looking at them, rereleases Concord as F2P and it bombs again.
 
Last edited:
Good to see the great reviews. I hope this game becomes one of the best selling games of the year
 
The reviews are incredible so far, even the DF analysis was glowing.
 
Back