At-a-glance AI pit strategies for the 16 Endurance races.

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
Hello again.
I started an A-spec endurance companion a while ago, much like Famine's one, but while they cover the race results and significant events, wading through them to find pit strategies can take a while.
The goal of this thread is to make it easy to see who pits when, in each of the endurance races in order that you & I can select the right car and lineup for making entertaining races.
Since I've not completed all the endurance races myself yet, I've relied on the writeups of some of the other GTP members to fill in the gaps. Most notably Famine, FLK and dhwebb as well as my personal experience of races I've entered and been outgunned, but kept going just to see when the AI would go in!
There are some more gaps in here, in that there are some races no-one has posted a write-up for, or have only b-specced ( :yuck: ) and haven't kept a record of their opponents pit strategies.
Your help in filling in the gaps would be most welcome :cheers: Or if you've more info on competetitors who pit sooner or later than those listed, let me know & I'll edit them in there.
The list I have so far is as follows; I've listed the race, pit schedules of the first and last AI cars to go in, and the names of these cars and sources, so that hopefully you can find a field with a suitable lineup for competetive racing :)

Grand Valley 300km AI pits between laps 11(Opel Calibra Touring Car:-Famine) and 15 (RX-7 LM Race Car:-Famine)

Laguna Seca 200 miles AI pits between laps 12 (Ford GT '05:-Famine) and 21 (Saleen S7:-Famine)

Roadster 4hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 35 (1800 RS:-Famine) and 45 (VR-Limited:-Famine & Smallhorses)

Tokyo R246 300km AI pits between laps 20 (Alfa Romeo 155 Touring Car:-Smallhorses) and 30 (Opel Astra Touring Car:-jdw)

Super Speedway 150 miles AI pits between laps 13-15? (Camaro LM, BMW McLaren F1 GTR:-Do you race?) and 59(Peugeot 905:-Studentdriver)

Nurburgring 24hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 4 (AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II DTM:-Do you race?) and 8 (Spoon S2000 Race Car:-Famine)

Nurburgring 4hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 3 (Ford Focus RS:-Toronado) and 6 (Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4):-Smallhorses)

Suzuka 1000km AI pits between laps 12 (Castrol Tom's Supra, Woodone Tom's Supra:-Smallhorses) and 16 (Takata Dome NSX:-Smallhorses)

Motegi 8hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 11 (Spoon Integra:-blue_sharky39) and 31 (Amuse S2000 R1:-blue_sharky39)

Tsukuba 9hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 15 (Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02:-Smallhorses) and 35 (Mazda RX-7 Spirit A:-Moloch_Horridus) See post #43 for more details.

Sarthe Circuit I 24hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 7 (Nissan R89C:-Smallhorses) and 10 (Corvette C5R:-Old Geezer)

Sarthe Circuit II 24hrs Endurance AI pits between laps 7 (Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car:-Mr Slow) and 14 (Ford GT40 Race Car '69:-MADTJ)

Fuji 1000km AI pits between laps 11 (R92CP, R89C:-FLK) and 23 (Playstation Pescarolo, Oreca Dodge Viper:-survey91 )

Infineon World Sport Car Race AI pits between laps 12 (Jaguar XJ-R9:-Smallhorses) and 18 (BMW V12 LMR, Audi R8:-Smallhorses)

El Capitan 200 miles AI pits between laps 11 (Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes SL65 AMG:-Smallhorses) and 18(Dodge Viper SRT/10:-Old Geezer)

New York Streets 200 miles AI pits between laps 16 (Aston Martin V8 Vantage:-Famine) and 34 (Dodge Viper SRT/10:-dhwebb)

This is by no means a definitive list of ALL the AI pit strategies for ALL the cars in ALL the Endurance races, just a guide to which cars are the worst tyre-eaters and those that tip-toe around for ages on a single set!

Although I have no proof in a write-up, I will mention that, in the Super Speedway 150, the Peugeot 905 pits on lap 59.

Studentdriver
Although I have no proof in a write-up, I will mention that, in the Super Speedway 150, the Peugeot 905 pits on lap 59.

Write-up proof isn't required, it was just some datamining I did to find out pit strategies for races I hadn't yet completed or attempting. Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the list.

Sarthe II
Sauber C9 pits every 8 laps and laps between 3:16.5xx and 3:18
R89C pits every 8 laps and laps between 3:19 and 3:22
Minolta pits every 7 laps and laps between 3:17 and 3:19
Mazda 787 pits every 9 laps and laps between 3:17 and 3:20. However at the end of the race it went on for 12 laps without pitting. Scared the sh#t out of me as I was counting on it pitting 3 laps from the end and had B-spec bob driving with a lead of 34 seconds.
GT40 pits every 14 laps and laps between 3:45 and 5:00

Hiya Smallhorses: 👍
Just ran the El Capitan 200 Miles (AGAIN!) earlier this evening & would have paid closer attention had I spotted your thread first! :banghead: At any rate, I'm "Fairly" certain that the Viper SRT 10 doesn't pit until Lap #18...O.G. :D

Thanks Mr Slow! 👍
That's exactly the sort of thing I was after.
I'll add it to the list.
:cheers:

Thanks too Bob! 👍
Added that to the list too, that's great tyre wear for SM tyres! Maybe worth checking out the SRT/10 myself as I'm pretty heavy on tyres!

Sarthe II
Mazda RX 7 LM pits every 8 laps and with super hard tires (rear) and hard tires (front)

but mazda can pits every 9 laps but run of gas right behind pit but 8 laps is better.

I've found in the Nurb 24 hours, the AMG Mercedes pits every four laps - but this is only occasional, he and I went stop-for-stop around the 9th and 13th hours. I can't exaplin why, but every other time he went every 6 laps.

Thanks Do you race?, updated list with that one.

@Jinx again thanks for the info, but I'm wanting the pit in laps for the AI cars, not the one which you are driving yourself. 👍

Pescarolo Playstation C60 LMP Judd Race Car pits on every 8 laps. The Audi R8 pits every 9 laps. I think u could go 9 in the Judd Race Car.........but i only had 3 units of gass left and i wanted to be safe.

TeamWilliams F1
That status is for Sarthe 1...not 2

So that's the AI Pescarolo & Audi R8 pit laps for Sarthe 1?
The Judd is what you're driving?
Did I get that right?

What's the pit strategies for the rest of the AI entrants?
Based on what I've seen for other races, I assume the Pesky & R8 are among the last ones to go in, who pits first?

Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the 1st post once you've confirmed all this.

Lemans II

CAR ------------------pitstop per lap
Sauber Mercedes
C9 race car '89 -----------------------8
Nissan R92CP
race car '92 ---------------------------8
Mazda 787B
Race Car '91 -------------------------9
Jaguar XJR-9
Race car '88 -------------------------16
FORD GT40
RACE CAR '69 -----------------------14

Oh goodness – Thank you Smallhorses for doing this! 👍👍👍 This is awesome for those of us who don't have time to run an enduro more than once. I'll add this to the Look Here Before You Ask thread when I have time.

MADTJ
Lemans II

CAR ------------------pitstop per lap
Sauber Mercedes
C9 race car '89 -----------------------8
Nissan R92CP
race car '92 ---------------------------8
Mazda 787B
Race Car '91 -------------------------9
Jaguar XJR-9
Race car '88 -------------------------16
FORD GT40
RACE CAR '69 -----------------------14

Thanks MADTJ, before I update post#1, can you just confirm that this is the number of laps each car does before they pit? If so, the Jaguar XJ-R9 is the new latest pitter at Sarthe II!

*edit* OK, brainfart, it must be, can't be "pitstops per lap" can it? Otherwise there would have to be 16 pit areas around Sarthe II for the Jag to complete 1 lap!!!!
Will update post #1 Don't worry about it MADTJ!

Smallhorses
Thanks MADTJ, before I update post#1, can you just confirm that this is the number of laps each car does before they pit? If so, the Jaguar XJ-R9 is the new latest pitter at Sarthe II!

*edit* OK, brainfart, it must be, can't be "pitstops per lap" can it? Otherwise there would have to be 16 pit areas around Sarthe II for the Jag to complete 1 lap!!!!
Will update post #1 Don't worry about it MADTJ!

it mean pitstop per 16 laps or whatever it is, if u don't believe me, try it for yourself and make sure Jaguar XJ-R9 is there, and also i think Pegout 906 something should be longest because it could go 60 laps in super speedway 150 miles

and also i'm sorry, my english is sucks, just like JINX, we're deaf and english are not our main language, and thank you for name calling me :guilty:

MADTJ
it mean pitstop per 16 laps or whatever it is, if u don't believe me, try it for yourself and make sure Jaguar XJ-R9 is there, and also i think Pegout 906 something should be longest because it could go 60 laps in super speedway 150 miles

and also i'm sorry, my english is sucks, just like JINX, we're deaf and english are not our main language, and thank you for name calling me :guilty:

Hey there!
I didn't call you names!! I made a post, realised my mistake and edited it.
As I said, it was my brainfart! :guilty:

Brainfart:- When you do, or think, something that you really should know and suddenly it just doesn't make sense. A mistake. :dunce:

I do it all the time. It happens as you get older! :ouch: I think you & JINX have done a great job posting here, & I wish I could explain myself to you clearly in sign language too. (Although its difficult on a text based forum!)

Look closely, your name is in Post#1. I edited it before when I realised my first mistake.
I will get round to trying the race myself at some point, the idea of me asking for everyone's help to compile this thread was to help myself, and anyone else who cares to read it.
If I get more posts like yours and the write-ups continue to flood in for the enduros, then who knows, I may make this into a definitive AI pit strategy guide for ALL the AI cars in ALL the races.

Thanks again MADTJ, keep the information coming. 👍
Again, sorry if I'm taking this all the wrong way. :indiff:

Hiya Nick! 👍
Don't know if you're still collecting info but I just ran the Infineon World Sport Car Trophy with a JGTC Ride & I paid special attention to the "AI's" schedule this time 'round.

NISSAN R89, R92 & Sauber pitted on a 14 Lap schedule.
NISSAN R390 & C5 'Vette pitted on a 15 Lap schedule.

Hope this helps...THANX for hosting your "Guide!" ...O.G. :D

Smallhorses
Hey there!
I didn't call you names!! I made a post, realised my mistake and edited it.
As I said, it was my brainfart! :guilty:

Brainfart:- When you do, or think, something that you really should know and suddenly it just doesn't make sense. A mistake. :dunce:

I do it all the time. It happens as you get older! :ouch: I think you & JINX have done a great job posting here, & I wish I could explain myself to you clearly in sign language too. (Although its difficult on a text based forum!)

Look closely, your name is in Post#1. I edited it before when I realised my first mistake.
I will get round to trying the race myself at some point, the idea of me asking for everyone's help to compile this thread was to help myself, and anyone else who cares to read it.
If I get more posts like yours and the write-ups continue to flood in for the enduros, then who knows, I may make this into a definitive AI pit strategy guide for ALL the AI cars in ALL the races.

Thanks again MADTJ, keep the information coming. 👍
Again, sorry if I'm taking this all the wrong way. :indiff:

oh yeah, i saw that, hmmm i comflim it pit 16 laps per pitstop, 7 TIME! maybe this car eat tires when turn? i mean those lemans have mostly long stright road, and infineon have many turns and tricky.. which it cause eat up tires faster than lemans one, and again, TRY IT FOR YOURSELF IF U STILL DON"T BELIEVE ME

Thanks Bob! I'll add those to my list.

Thanks MADTJ I do believe you! I will be trying it next week though, my wife will be away for 4 days so I should get chance to run it while she's gone!

Smallhorses
Thanks Bob! I'll add those to my list.

Thanks MADTJ I do believe you! I will be trying it next week though, my wife will be away for 4 days so I should get chance to run it while she's gone!

awesome, and A-spec or B-spec? and also try to get one of pegout 906 lmp one, cuz i think it can go longest, if u got both Jagar and pegout in same race, you're in luck! lol

MADTJ
awesome, and A-spec or B-spec? and also try to get one of pegout 906 lmp one, cuz i think it can go longest, if u got both Jagar and pegout in same race, you're in luck! lol

What do you think? See my signature? "Say NO to B-Spec!"
It just has to be A-Spec! I'll see you at the finish line! Wish me luck!
We had a power outage here last night, so I'm a little :nervous: though!

Smallhorses
What do you think? See my signature? "Say NO to B-Spec!"
It just has to be A-Spec! I'll see you at the finish line! Wish me luck!
We had a power outage here last night, so I'm a little :nervous: though!

oh, sorry, i didn't read that, and yeah, ME TOO! :-D u could tell my B-spec have all zero's! and i'm A-specing 24 hours leman II and still on it, i'm on 15th hours, and i can't do it in one sitting cuz of work :(

MADTJ
oh, sorry, i didn't read that, and yeah, ME TOO! :-D u could tell my B-spec have all zero's! and i'm A-specing 24 hours leman II and still on it, i'm on 15th hours, and i can't do it in one sitting cuz of work :(

Yup, been checking out your progress in your thread! Could tell from your signature that you're a true A-speccer! My B-spec stats are identical to yours! 0-0-0-0-0!!!! And they'll be staying that way! Why buy a racing game & have someone else race it for you?!!!!!!
As for 24hr races, I won't be doing them in one sitting either.
Work pays bills, & Cali is EXPENSIVE! I'm in the SF Bay area by the way!
3 or 4 days worth of effort per 24 lap race I think!
Good luck with Sarthe II, hope the win is a good one!

Smallhorses
Yup, been checking out your progress in your thread! Could tell from your signature that you're a true A-speccer! My B-spec stats are identical to yours! 0-0-0-0-0!!!! And they'll be staying that way! Why buy a racing game & have someone else race it for you?!!!!!!
As for 24hr races, I won't be doing them in one sitting either.
Work pays bills, & Cali is EXPENSIVE! I'm in the SF Bay area by the way!
3 or 4 days worth of effort per 24 lap race I think!
Good luck with Sarthe II, hope the win is a good one!

HA! me too, i live in San Diego, California, and yeah, it's very EXPENSIVE! so i can't do everything at once, cuz i have 2 jobs, and thanks god, school's out so i could play some game lol:sly:, and me too, my b-spec will keep all zero, and i'm at 18 hours and this car handle like a crap, too much oversteer and my ASM is off (over and understeer) and TCS set to 3, but i'll keep it up and finish it by 1 lap lead... hopefully lol :sly:

Ran the Super Speedway 150 Miles today twice. In Race 1, the Camaro LM race car was in and out of the pits 6 times (so under 20 laps) and the BMW McLaren did likewise.

Thanks again Do you race? Post #1 is updated.
A bit of detective work is required for an exact figure though. When Famine reported this race, he wasn't sure of the pit schedule, but finished 19 laps ahead of the hapless Camaro.
How far ahead of the Camaro did you finish? If it was 10 laps behind & pitted 6 times, that's a pit interval of 15 laps. If we take Famine's figure of 19 laps down, he would have pitted 6 times in 81 laps, for an interval of 13 or 14 laps.
Let me know your result & we'll figure out an exact value.
Keep the info coming!

To fill in your Fuji 1000km pit windows the other AI cars seemed to pit every 11 to 16 laps as did I apart from the first stint. The Nissans seemed to pit every 11-12 laps but sometimes stayed out longer. To be honest I didn't pay too much attention to the other AI cars during that race apart from the Nissans.

Thanks FLK! I already put your Nissan's pit schedule in post#1.
Any idea what the other cars in the field were that pitted later? I'd like to add them to the list. :cheers:

Can anyone give me a general idea of what are the fastest lap times for other cars, (Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP in particular) ?

I will attempt the Le sarthe I race for the first time tomorrow using a Pescarolo 04. I wanna know what my average lap time should be to win comfortably ? The thread already answered all of my pit stop questions. Thanks 👍

Back