ATT POLYPHONY DIGITAL - 5 things to alter/change before release

  • Thread starter Thread starter African Kat
  • 42 comments
  • 4,309 views
Messages
617
Messages
GTP_african_kat
So the guys at PD are still tweaking GT5 before release date. List not more than 5 little changes/ alterations you would want to bring to their attention before release.

These must be do-able within 2 months, so it can't be a new track or car.

Mine are:

1. Keep the laptime displayed when you press the start (pause) button. It allows you to time the 0-100km/h
2. Adjust the vtec sounds so that the high cam change-over at around 5500rpm is evident. Kaz mentioned they always did this but we never noticed.
3. Allow us to buy and use other manufacturer rims as in GT4 (used wheels)
4. Adjust the electronic limiter sound to be more aggresive and to remain similar in sound in all gears. Currently as you limit in higher gears the limiter sound gets less frenetic.
5. Allow us to buy a fully adjustable gearbox/ gearsets in helical format. We get that option only with straightcut gears in GT4, so there is an annoying whine from the box. When you wanna change a muscle cars gearbox to a 5 speed you don't neccesarily go for a straightcut racing gearbox.
 
Last edited:
This is just anouther pointless, what I want in GT5 thread. It should be locked!
 
Why are you posting this list when you have yet to play the game? it's just like going out on a blind date and saying the girl is gonna be ugly before you've even seen her.
 
Be positive and more mature about this. Are you guys 12 years old?

This is to to notify PD about the little do-able things before release date. Mostly everyone here has played GT for a long time and would have noted a few points in order to polish the final product.
 
:yuck: Still moaning?

This is just anouther pointless, what I want in GT5 thread. It should be locked!

Why are you posting this list when you have yet to play the game? it's just like going out on a blind date and saying the girl is gonna be ugly before you've even seen her.

If you guys have a problem with this thread you should do something constructive and use the report button, its much more effective than complaining.

@African Kat, i can see the point of this thread in one way, but it really isn't much different to any other wishlist. I can see you added the word little, but the problem is, something little might actually be very hard to do.
Also, the game is released in two months, so that equates to less than a months real development time left. I'd be very worried if GT5 wasn't yet at a 99% complete stage with testing taking place right now. Adding an extra car is easy, changing the core of the game at such a late stage is not so easy.
 
Last edited:
Just remove "invisible walls" (make them more wide).Because with THAT damage it will look really bad!
 
re 2. Try GTpsp. The sound in Vtecced Honda's definitly changes around the indicated rpm.

re 5. I just love the whining sound of straight gears. You only hear it in race cars, so that seems correct.
 
1: all standard cars should be turned into premiums
2: 20 extra tracks
3: in addition to all cars being turned into premium, add another 40 cars or so
4: Submarine mode
5: Tekken characters as drivers

[/thread]
 
Be positive and more mature about this. Are you guys 12 years old?

This is to to notify PD about the little do-able things before release date. Mostly everyone here has played GT for a long time and would have noted a few points in order to polish the final product.

I am being positive, it's just that people like you always have some little complaint and demand them to fix it when you don't know what the final product has in store for you, also they have less than two months sir, they have till the end of this month to get that Gold master out the door and to the disc pressing facility.
 
Ok Mr positive. You have misunderstood this thread. Even if it's a month, we are looking for constructive input on little do-able changes. Comprehend this, and contribute or report.


@African Kat, i can see the point of this thread in one way, but it really isn't much different to any other wishlist. I can see you added the word little, but the problem is, something little might actually be very hard to do.
Also, the game is released in two months, so that equates to less than a months real development time left. I'd be very worried if GT5 wasn't yet at a 99% complete stage with testing taking place right now. Adding an extra car is easy, changing the core of the game at such a late stage is not so easy.

Noted. some things might not be possible but some are eg. creating an option for a helical gearset and removing the straightcut whine for that option.
 
Last edited:
1: all standard cars should be turned into premiums
2: 20 extra tracks
3: in addition to all cars being turned into premium, add another 40 cars or so
4: Submarine mode
5: Tekken characters as drivers

You forget bosses!
 
my contribution:

Option to change parameters while entering pits, such as tyres, aerodynamics, fuel and that those changes reflect to additional time in pit if changed
 
From GT3 I wanted to have a Gran Turismo Golf game built into game as Easter Egg after finishing 100%.

You would have drivers in different driving suits as characters, options more-less as in Everybody Golf and use the physics-engine to simulate the actual sport.

Of course, all fileds would be on GT courses and their surroundings, while every final hole would be on start-finish line (not on usual gree, but on tarmac).

Just imagine Autumn Ring Golf Course, Midfeld Infield, Grand Valley Pro Tour, Deep Forest Resort and so on.

I demand Gran Turismo Golf and I'm really serious.
 
From GT3 I wanted to have a Gran Turismo Golf game built into game as Easter Egg after finishing 100%.

You would have drivers in different driving suits as characters, options more-less as in Everybody Golf and use the physics-engine to simulate the actual sport.

Of course, all fileds would be on GT courses and their surroundings, while every final hole would be on start-finish line (not on usual gree, but on tarmac).

Just imagine Autumn Ring Golf Course, Midfeld Infield, Grand Valley Pro Tour, Deep Forest Resort and so on.

I demand Gran Turismo Golf and I'm really serious.

With 3D trees and damage...
 
Honestly I hope you can turn off the HUD. It'd take about 5 minutes of programming to make this option a reality. Please PD, FINALLY give us the option.
 
Just a small one, all those tracks where wall riding is possible, they should have at least a meter wide sand trap just after the rumble strip. Either this or a mean penalty if u as so much as touch the wall. Kaz is a master, who knows whats easy or difficult to add or remove within two months.
 
@African Kat, i can see the point of this thread in one way, but it really isn't much different to any other wishlist. I can see you added the word little, but the problem is, something little might actually be very hard to do.
Also, the game is released in two months, so that equates to less than a months real development time left. I'd be very worried if GT5 wasn't yet at a 99% complete stage with testing taking place right now. Adding an extra car is easy, changing the core of the game at such a late stage is not so easy.

Although I agree with this post as small things to improve may be more comprehensive to implement into the game than they may seem to be especially at this late stage of development I do however have one suggestion to make instead of 5.
I started my very first thread called "automatic transmissions" the day I joined this forum asking for more truthfully replicated automatic transmissions on those cars which in real life only are available as auto.

Instead of a general manual/auto option applied on all cars I suggested proper auto's ( with kickdown function, etc. ) even when in overall manual mode as all cars should be truthfully replicated in a sim.
To be clear I always use manual, but on some cars which are only available as auto in real life it just seems wrong ( and the auto-option you have now doesn't truly replicate an automatic gearbox ).

If they didn't already do this I know it would be pointless to ask this to be implemented as it would just take to much time I guess so I won't.
I will only ask if they indeed kept it as it is, to make the choice to use either manual or auto not a general option applied to each and every car but a choice which can be made in the set-up options of each specific car.
It wouldn't make the experience that much different, but a bit more convenient to use instead of changing to either manual or auto each time.
Or perhaps more logical as an addition to the general option, for example manual overall but the choice to change it specifically to auto for each separate car for those who wish to ( like the tuning set up in general ).
 
Honestly I hope you can turn off the HUD. It'd take about 5 minutes of programming to make this option a reality. Please PD, FINALLY give us the option.

This and let me map all of my g27 buttons , the game will be perfect for me .
 
From GT3 I wanted to have a Gran Turismo Golf game built into game as Easter Egg after finishing 100%.

You would have drivers in different driving suits as characters, options more-less as in Everybody Golf and use the physics-engine to simulate the actual sport.

Of course, all fileds would be on GT courses and their surroundings, while every final hole would be on start-finish line (not on usual gree, but on tarmac).

Just imagine Autumn Ring Golf Course, Midfeld Infield, Grand Valley Pro Tour, Deep Forest Resort and so on.

I demand Gran Turismo Golf and I'm really serious.

The seventh wind whispers about bird tamers powering dimpled white balls through existing skypaths, and that you will be able to power dimpled white balls by using exhaust pipes that have fallen off damaged birds.


:sly:
 
The seventh wind whispers about bird tamers powering dimpled white balls through existing skypaths, and that you will be able to power dimpled white balls by using exhaust pipes that have fallen off damaged birds.
:sly:

Send this to Kotaku and you'll see "Gran Turismo 5 will feature golf simulator?" as main news in matter of hours :lol:
 
From GT3 I wanted to have a Gran Turismo Golf game built into game as Easter Egg after finishing 100%.

You would have drivers in different driving suits as characters, options more-less as in Everybody Golf and use the physics-engine to simulate the actual sport.

Of course, all fileds would be on GT courses and their surroundings, while every final hole would be on start-finish line (not on usual gree, but on tarmac).

Just imagine Autumn Ring Golf Course, Midfeld Infield, Grand Valley Pro Tour, Deep Forest Resort and so on.

I demand Gran Turismo Golf and I'm really serious.

This would be OK as long as I don't have to walk the course(I want to drive a new V-TEC electric car:idea:
myers-72.jpg
)

But in reality all I want to be able to do is to remove the stupid triangle button for reverse My paddles should be able to go into reverse(even if I have to have my foot on the brakes to get the car into reverse)
http://www.hybridcars.com/electric-cars/myers-nmg.html
 
The OP "alter list" is...yeah, how do you even know thety have to alter those things? How do you know they arent already there?

Anyway. All i want to see altered, is the crappy low-res background images on alll circuits, who remembers Hong Kong., some of the angles made it look beautiful while other angles made it look like a cardboard cutout city, same goes for all tracks, HIGH RES BACKGROUND PD it goes a long way.
 
I want them to alter the very fabric of the universe to a space and time in wich Gran Turismo 5 is out for sale in stores.
 
I want the sound engine to not suck anymore.
 
i want the option to select a gt mode only for premium cars and the possibility to create a wrc championshio with tracks from course maker.
 
i want the option to select a gt mode only for premium cars and the possibility to create a wrc championshio with tracks from course maker.

This is about fixing and tweaking things, not about new feature requests.
 
Horrible topic (I hate to say it.)

1. How can you be so selfish to make a topic like this? (OMG, PD fix these problems for me!)

2. Don't you realize the game is about to be finished in the next week or two? Not much time.

3. They won't listen. Bigger issues are being finalized.
 
1. Proper Hood View (May or not be possible with time left)
2. HUD off option (Should be pretty simple to implement)
3. Downshift through neutral into reverse for Seq. Manual (DFGT, Holding a button is cumbersome)
4. Public Track Days (As opposed to private, so you can do laps with real people even if your friends aren't on.)
5. Translator-san as a driver! :):sly:
 
Back