Audi R8 at Nürburgring Video

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T
  • 5 comments
  • 793 views

G.T

Messages
11,462
United Kingdom
U.K
Messages
Paganisterr
Messages
Ak Paganister
Some pretty good driving here too:

 
Is it me or does that thing sound like a honda?

Anyone know who the driver is? you can see his face
 
What's with the loud clicking noise when he shifts? Is that typical of the R8?

Anyone know who the driver is? you can see his face
At first I thought it might be McNish (American LeMans driver for Audi), but I don't think so.
 
I thought it was Allan McNish at first, but I don't think it is now.

According to the youtube comments...
Fabulous car! And by the way - I am not completely sure - this is Sport Auto test, so the driver might be Horst von Saurma, and he isn´t a good driver, he´s fabulous. He is the man who lapped Zonda F at 7:32 round the ´Ring.

EDIT: Great minds about the McNish thing.... :D

What's with the loud clicking noise when he shifts? Is that typical of the R8?
Also, according to the comments, its an open gated gear lever done in Ferrari stylee.
 
Great video.

And it makes me feel better about my habit of accidentally swiping the wiper stalk while auto-xing.
 
Nice video.

EDIT: Oops, my ownage of the R8 doesn't count because it is a manual tranny, and not the DSG. I was about to say how much quicker I can shift than that DSG...
 
Back