Audi R8 LMP can't hit 300 km/h on mulsanne straight?

• Thread starter zlays
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
ZlaysBiH
Same goes for almost every LMP car in game...
Is there a way to make this more faster without drasticly reducing downforce or blowing tire pressure up to hell...

Ride height, final drive, close the radiator and brake ducts as much as possible to reduce drag, try lowering downforce but bring back the grip by adjusting other settings... Lots to try really.

Is there a way to make this more faster without drasticly reducing downforce or blowing tire pressure up to hell...

You don't need a horrendous amount of downforce on Le Mans, even the fast corners don't need too much either.

But as the others have said its a case of finding the balance. Aim for lap time rather than top speed as with massive top speed you can actually lose time in other areas of the track.

I finished the 24 hours with a RWD P30 which had aero set to 1 both rear and front. I was able to achieve 332 to 335 km/h before the first chicane and I didn't feel any difficulty to get it around Porsche Corners with such low aero setup. My fastest lap on the race was 3m26s.

I finished the 24 hours with a RWD P30 which had aero set to 1 both rear and front. I was able to achieve 332 to 335 km/h before the first chicane and I didn't feel any difficulty to get it around Porsche Corners with such low aero setup. My fastest lap on the race was 3m26s.
Are you positive about that top speed? Aside from the aero work, did you make any changes to the suspension, alignment, or cooling to get 332 km/h to 335 km/h? Was that top speed achieved with or without drafting?

Are you positive about that top speed? Aside from the aero work, did you make any changes to the suspension, alignment, or cooling to get 332 km/h to 335 km/h? Was that top speed achieved with or without drafting?

Pretty positive. A lot of changes in suspension, 5% radiator intake... and that speed was only possible by using medium tyres at maximum pressure.

(I was trying to fight back the red hot tyre after pitstop issue and wind up with a lot faster car)

Drafting other LMP1 car would put you up to 340 easily. I did get 341 by drafting a R18.

It is not the Audi, but I completed the 25 hrs Green Hell endurance race with McLaren F1
In the first hours I barely hit 325 km/h at the end of the long straight.
After some 16 hrs I could reach 347 km/h !! :confused:
No change in setup, no other tires...
Maybe the cars need to cover some distance before eaching top speed ?

It is not the Audi, but I completed the 25 hrs Green Hell endurance race with McLaren F1
In the first hours I barely hit 325 km/h at the end of the long straight.
After some 16 hrs I could reach 347 km/h !! :confused:
No change in setup, no other tires...
Maybe the cars need to cover some distance before eaching top speed ?

I thinking it's an overdone happy hour effect.

Back