Audi S2 4wd 700bhp+ video

  • Thread starter Thread starter Draugen
  • 21 comments
  • 1,722 views
Nice vid.

Thats quite impressive, move out the way you damn motorbikes lol.
 
I'll let you know in an hour and a half what I thought about it ... (:
 
That car is awesome, how can you call a 700hp racecar gay?:odd:
 
I love the sound of 5 pot turbo in the morning:D
 
mr_pushrod
I love the sound of 5 pot turbo in the morning


Yep, so do I. That's why I have a few of them. Apart from exotics and V8s there is nothing quite like the 5 cylinder rumble IMO. :)
 
Good vid, It cut short when I played it though and I cant scan through it :confused:
 
Its an OK vid. The presenter guy is gay. The car revs to over 10K !!! I cant believe they are putting 700BHP thru the front wheels !!!!

 
BigJamesGTI
I cant believe they are putting 700BHP thru the front wheels !!!!


Its all wheel drive.
 
Excellent Audi, gotta love those engines sounds, some of it sounded a bit like a bird tweeting or something.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Its all wheel drive.

I just thought it was FWD when I watched the vid - theres a part where just the fronts are spinning. It looks like it handles like crap
 
BMW X5 SPORTS
Excellent Audi, gotta love those engines sounds, some of it sounded a bit like a bird tweeting or something.

This is turbo stall, or to give you the correct technical term, compressor surge. This occurs when the throttle is shut (butterfly valve on throttle body closes) and the airflow produced by the turbo has no where to go (except back the way it came). The sound you hear is the rebounding air being chopped by the turbo blades.

A lot of people refer to this noise as wastegate chatter, but they're quite simply wrong. I used to think it was wc until I actually did a bit of research on it.

You also sometimes hear a tttsshhhhhhhhh noise which is the dump valve (if fitted) releasing the airflow to help regain boost when the throttle is reapplied.

HTH.
 
BMW X5 SPORTS
Excellent Audi, gotta love those engines sounds, some of it sounded a bit like a bird tweeting or something.

Sounds like a turkey IMO :lol:
 
Got it now. Wow better than the vid of the 900hp golf. It shot fire at every gear change.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it definetly is all wheel drive. Notice that the dyno they use is an all wheel drive one, and all wheels are turning.
 
Back