Audi TT tranny WTF...

  • Thread starter Thread starter zodicus
  • 10 comments
  • 1,680 views
Messages
658
Messages
Zodicus / GTP_Zodicus
Messages
Xbox me no like
why in gods name cant you adjust the final drive on the TT.............
 
Does the Audi have the DSG box in real life? Maybe that's something to do with it. That said, I'm sure the R8 does too.Just ignore me...
 
why in gods name cant you adjust the final drive on the TT.............




"why in gods name" and PD go together like peanut butter and jelly. Let me give you some quick examples:

Why in Gods name did PD put a 4WD Dodge Ram in GT4 instead of a V10 powered RWD SRT10 Ram?

Why in Gods name did PD finally give us online but not include private rooms?

Why in Gods name did PD include a completely broken penalty system?

Why in Gods name does PD not communicate with its HUGE fan base via a nice well thought out official site, complete with forums, and blogs form the devs?

Okay that's enough to get my point across, PD does odd things.....a lot. If you like the games they make you just deal with the faults.:)
 
why in gods name cant you adjust the final drive on the TT.............
You can apply the same question to the following cars as well:
  • 2006 Mini Cooper-S
  • 2005 Volkswagen Golf V GTI
Both of which also have non-adjustable final drives in GT5P.


I'm also curious why (other than a potential oversight) we can't adjust the individual gears for the following cars:
  • 2007 Daihatsu OFC-1
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG
  • 2007 Suzuki Cervo SR

I've also wondered why the 2005 Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0 VTS in a Right-hand drive car in GT5P.

While I understand the mix-up with the "Showroom" and "Quick Tune" weight specifications of the Ferrari F40 (1100kg vs 1352kg) - as there were two versions of the F40 with those two weight specs, the heavier being the one sold in the US.

On the other hand, I think the "Showroom" weight specifications for the Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (1970kg) is just a typo. Fortunately the "Quick Tune" weight specs (1955kg) are correct for that car... which is all that really matters as it is the QT specs that are used to determine the car's actual performance in GT5P.


Overall though, I am actually very impressed and surpised how few inaccuracies/mysteries there are in terms of the car specifications and tuning options in GT5P.
 
Okay that's enough to get my point across, PD does odd things.....a lot. If you like the games they make you just deal with the faults.:)

Hell yeah! And I like GT series enough to put my hand in my pocket every time.

There's no law saying I cant bitch and whine about it tho is there?

Come on PD give us somewhere official to scab at you :mad:
 
Hell yeah! And I like GT series enough to put my hand in my pocket every time

There's no law saying I cant bitch and whine about it tho is there?

Come on PD give us somewhere official to scab at you :mad:
Me too :D The handling of the cars is the best i've experienced, and i include pc driving sims in that

The ai has always been (and remains) bloody terrible. The graphics are now imo too clean looking, they're very sterile

Take a look at the RaceDriver Grid demo. The graphics are somehow more 'dirty' looking and seem much more visceral
to me, and therefore imo 'better'

The GT and Toca/RaceDriver series of games are the only ones that i always buy and don't trade in

I'm sure i must be off-topic by now, so ramble over :D
 
Oh one more:

Why in Gods name did PD allow us to turn the speed and HP to US, but not weight..... damn it I just don't know kilos, aren't they for drugs? I'm a dumb American sorry for being born here PD. I like LBS, with my imperial measurements please!
 
Oh one more:

Why in Gods name did PD allow us to turn the speed and HP to US, but not weight..... damn it I just don't know kilos, aren't they for drugs? I'm a dumb American sorry for being born here PD. I like LBS, with my imperial measurements please!

1 kg = 2.205 lb.
1 lb = 0.454 kg.

and yes, here in the US they are used for drugs. :)
 
You can apply the same question to the following cars as well:
  • 2006 Mini Cooper-S
  • 2005 Volkswagen Golf V GTI
Both of which also have non-adjustable final drives in GT5P.


I'm also curious why (other than a potential oversight) we can't adjust the individual gears for the following cars:
  • 2007 Daihatsu OFC-1
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG
  • 2007 Suzuki Cervo SR

I've also wondered why the 2005 Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0 VTS in a Right-hand drive car in GT5P.

While I understand the mix-up with the "Showroom" and "Quick Tune" weight specifications of the Ferrari F40 (1100kg vs 1352kg) - as there were two versions of the F40 with those two weight specs, the heavier being the one sold in the US.

On the other hand, I think the "Showroom" weight specifications for the Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (1970kg) is just a typo. Fortunately the "Quick Tune" weight specs (1955kg) are correct for that car... which is all that really matters as it is the QT specs that are used to determine the car's actual performance in GT5P.


Overall though, I am actually very impressed and surpised how few inaccuracies/mysteries there are in terms of the car specifications and tuning options in GT5P.
SL55 was only available with AMG tuned 5-speed transmission.
 
Take a look at the RaceDriver Grid demo. The graphics are somehow more 'dirty' looking and seem much more visceral
to me, and therefore imo 'better'

The GT and Toca/RaceDriver series of games are the only ones that i always buy and don't trade in

Just to continue off-topic briefly...

I prefer the GT graphics to the new race driver game. If you drive a real car on a real track it looks more like GT than RD - clean and clear, not yellowed and slightly fuzzy. And don't even get me started on RD's handling... :yuck:

Re: The cars where you can't change individual gears - are these cars all automatics in real life? That might be something to do with it. The SL-55 certainly is, and judging by the sound of the OFC when you change gear I think that is too. No idea about the Cervo though I'd assume it might be.
 
Back