Audio CD Problem

• Thread starter Bopop4
  • 9 comments
Canada
Guelph, Ontario
Hey everyone, I've been trying for two days now to burn some music from iTunes to a CD for use in a car.
Every single attempt that I've made has proved useless, and with a stack of wasted CD-Rs I'm getting pretty frustrated.
The files are MP3s, and I've also tried WAV files, I also tried to burn the CD as an audio CD, and an MP3 CD. CD-RWs have also proved useless.

If anybody has any info on how to get the files burned onto the CD it would be greatly appreciated. :)

You're not really giving us enough information to solve this. Were there error messages? What happened that made you realize it didn't work? Does your burner have any problems with any other programs? Etc.

There are no error messages, and I tried the CDs in a car CD player. (Fairly new car.)
We have gotten it to work before, but cannot remember how.

There are no error messages, and I tried the CDs in a car CD player. (Fairly new car.)
We have gotten it to work before, but cannot remember how.

Are you sure if the car's CD played supports CD-Rs, MP3 or WMA files?

I'd suggest you get one of those adapter things where you plug in to your car's stereo and you can stick a usb stick with your songs in it to play. :)

I wouldn't use iTunes to burn CD's at all. It's terrible and pretty much never works with older CD players especially the ones you find in cars because it creates them is some stupid format, I tried it once or twice and they didn't work.

I use Nero's CD program, your burner should have come with some equivalent software which will always be superior.

I'm not surprised that CD-RWs didn't work, but CD-Rs ought to be OK.

Do the discs play in any other players. Stick them in your game console or home CD player, maybe you have a portable lying around somewhere.

Do they play in the drive that burned them?

If the latter but not the former, then the drive you're burning them in is probably no good.

If there is an adjustment for write speed, try selecting a slower speed. Also, make sure you're closing the CD at the end of the burn process. Leaving it open for further additions will make it unusable in many car players.

I wouldn't use iTunes to burn CD's at all. It's terrible and pretty much never works with older CD players especially the ones you find in cars because it creates them is some stupid format, I tried it once or twice and they didn't work.

I use Nero's CD program, your burner should have come with some equivalent software which will always be superior.

yeah, it's weird though because I know that iTunes can work, but I may have to download something.

I'm not surprised that CD-RWs didn't work, but CD-Rs ought to be OK.

Do the discs play in any other players. Stick them in your game console or home CD player, maybe you have a portable lying around somewhere.

It will play in an Xbox 360, but I think that is because the 360 is more like a computer, it won't play in a PS2.

Do they play in the drive that burned them?

If the latter but not the former, then the drive you're burning them in is probably no good.

If there is an adjustment for write speed, try selecting a slower speed. Also, make sure you're closing the CD at the end of the burn process. Leaving it open for further additions will make it unusable in many car players.

They do play in the Mac drive, and I set the speed to 1X.
I was also wondering about closing the discs, I never did that, but after looking online apparently iTunes does that for you.
(Unless it doesn't and someone can steer me in the right direction.)

Back