Audiophiles, get in here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 82 comments

I’ve been watching his new content, really great stuff.

You should check out Jazz Kissa on Insta. KAT is a fantastic chap and covers all the Kissa in Japan and quite a few have modified JBL etc.

Edit… stuff like this…

Last edited:
I have a Fostex HPA4 dac that I haven't replaced in 6 years. It's quality. That's about the only Japanese ingredient that I have now.

I have been fantasising about a Technics turntable for a while so I might get one when my birthday draws closer.

Do they create small horn loaded ones? I'm already pushing the limits of my room. 😂
Some of the smaller studio monitors have the 4309 is probably about as horny as you get in a small package.

Some of the smaller studio monitors have the 4309 is probably about as horny as you get in a small package.
Beauties.

They'd fit into most European living spaces. I'm often embarrassed by the size of my speakers. I may have to downsize in the future to the likes of the 4309. That doesn't mean that I will lower the volume :P

I currently run some B&W 685s2

But I’m hoping at some point my old man decides to pass on his Lentek Studio Monitors. They need a refurb but when they are singing they sound outstanding.

6E998DCA-4B6C-4C05-9FED-937419856F83.jpeg
20308947-E329-447F-8A90-93DB05D0D95C.jpeg

Last edited:
I was listening to the various types of music with the new setup and something sciencey happened, apart from giving myself the ringing sound in the ears.

There's a tone in Whole lotta Rosie that makes the central heating radiator hum, so much so that it really becomes part of the music. :lol:

I wonder if I can make the radiator go full Galloping Gertie and tear itself apart due to the resonance.

Last edited:
Great video from Steve & David Chesky. Bonus is a new sampler to download. His last one was excellent.

Week 1 with the Metrum Acoustics Jade.

What a thing. The Mystic Gohan of DACs.

An accurate depiction of the gap in performance from my previous DAC.

6eDRdV0.gif

Back