August Car Pack

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 82 comments
Here are some bugs that have been there since launch, that seem like they should be fairly high priority to fix:

Hang ups on loading (i get these from time to time) Agreed
Speedometer/other clock needles rotating on a different axis than the gauge (so they go into the dashboard) News to me
Audio glitches (such as when the game changes music tracks and all sound freezes for 2 seconds or so) Is that what causes that? I have the sound freeze while I'm racing online but I have music turned off. Maybe that's just the "volume" turned to 0 but its still loading and going through the music in the background?
All together missing gauges (like completely blank LCD screens in quite a few race cars) That's the only missing gauges as far as I know.

This isn't a bug, but what happened to exhaust tone changes with performance upgrades? Half of the cars sound like racecars totally stock, and some will still sound totally civil when fully modified. Looking back to FM1 the 20B actually sounded like a 20b!

FM1 had night racing too, complete with headlights! I've never seen a working headlight in FM3. Well, since there isn't any night racing in FM3 there really shouldn't be working headlights either, unless they want to model DRLs, which would be annoying just to figure out what cars even have them. Then we'd hear a million people complaining that not all cars have "headlights on", when they're really just DRLs on cars that have them..

FM has some of the best car sounds for a video game (this side of PGR4, which is nearly perfect) but the disparity between the ones that are really good and the ones that aren't is huge. Seems there's more good than bad at least. At least its not NFS Ahift where a stock Civic Si sounds like it has a race intake, straight cut gears, and race brakes...

Guess I have to type something here so I can actually post. Responses in bold.

Here are some bugs that have been there since launch, that seem like they should be fairly high priority to fix:

Hang ups on loading (i get these from time to time)
Speedometer/other clock needles rotating on a different axis than the gauge (so they go into the dashboard)
Audio glitches (such as when the game changes music tracks and all sound freezes for 2 seconds or so)
All together missing gauges (like completely blank LCD screens in quite a few race cars)

This isn't a bug, but what happened to exhaust tone changes with performance upgrades? Half of the cars sound like racecars totally stock, and some will still sound totally civil when fully modified. Looking back to FM1 the 20B actually sounded like a 20b!

FM1 had night racing too, complete with headlights! I've never seen a working headlight in FM3.

FM has some of the best car sounds for a video game (this side of PGR4, which is nearly perfect) but the disparity between the ones that are really good and the ones that aren't is huge.

Most of your complains can be explained with one word: Microsoft.

Like i said in my other post, Microsoft is the one rushing the game to be released every 2 years, Turn10 have done a great job with the time they have, the game is masive in content and features so obviously you can expect some bugs.
With microsoft pushing them to work in Forza 4 is obvious that they doesnt have the human resources to work in more patches, but even with that they did 4 which is more than most of the developers out there.

About the night racing: Tokyo and Pacific Shipyards were not redone in Forza 2 again because the rush and the lack of resouces, Turn10 was still very small, they didnt had the time to hire lots of people during Forza 2 developement.
Thats why theres no night racing and if you dont have night racing the working headlights are just a waste of resources.

In Forza 3 they used their 3d making resources for the car models, cockpit (very requested, people forget that), Fujimi Kaido (extremelly requested too), Lemans (the same), Rally di Positano, Sedona, Benchmark, Iberian track, Catalunya, etc.

If you analize the things they added you will see that its a LOT of work for 2 years.

Thats why in my oppinion Turn10 is a great developer, there no other game in the market with so much contents and quality coming in such short period of time. I can only dream what they would do if Microsoft could give them more freedom and 3 or 4 years to work.

Well as long as they are under the strong arm of microsoft, it doesn't matter if they are a great developer. That's like saying someone is a great doctor even though the hospital is forcing him to kill people. The end result (which should be what matters, if you're not a complete idealist) is a game with some serious issues. FM1 had an air of polish that 2 and 3 can't come close to.

I would honestly rather wait another full 2 years for a proper FM4 then get another rushed, half-assed 'expansion pack' like FM3 felt like. I'm talking severely overhauled physics engine, completely new graphics engine (it really does need to be replaced IMO) and a more focused attention to detail. If FM4 is released any time next year, it probably will be more of the same.

Well as long as they are under the strong arm of microsoft, it doesn't matter if they are a great developer. That's like saying someone is a great doctor even though the hospital is forcing him to kill people. The end result (which should be what matters, if you're not a complete idealist) is a game with some serious issues. FM1 had an air of polish that 2 and 3 can't come close to.

I would honestly rather wait another full 2 years for a proper FM4 then get another rushed, half-assed 'expansion pack' like FM3 felt like. I'm talking severely overhauled physics engine, completely new graphics engine (it really does need to be replaced IMO) and a more focused attention to detail. If FM4 is released any time next year, it probably will be more of the same.

Sorry to disagree but by no means Forza is near of a person killed by the hospital or a game with serious issues. This games have a few bugs and an idea that didnt worked as well as the previous one (match making vs public lobbies) but its a great game and people wont be playing it if it wasnt.

I recomendo you to read reviews of bad games and play some of them, that why you will learn to appreciate things and what a big issue really is, because you scale and what you call "serious issues" are way off.

Forza 3 is a very funtional and acclaimed game which was out about a year ago, most of other games released around the same date have been dead for a good while now.

"With July’s release of the World Class Car Pack, monthly DLC releases have come to a close, as Turn 10 shift its development efforts to our Next Big Thing. While the monthly schedule might be ending, we haven’t forgotten DLC entirely and you can expect more DLC later this year. Stay tuned here for more information in the coming weeks."

I for one am a little ticked off that T10 stated monthly DLC will come until a year post launch and we're being shorted. I think the voted Jalopnik pack will be the last and technically we'll miss out on just 1 pack out of 12. I don't like how they handled the nurburgring gp track pack from removing it in public lobbies. I've purchased every DLC except the very last 1 (or last 2, don't recall). The Jalopnik DLC pack is the one I am really looking forward to. It's probably MS's way of trying to take out steam from GT5 so I expect this pack to launch close to GT5's release date. Not a fan of losing just 1 month when many DLC car packs were mostly 2010-2011 models.

NOT a fan of Kinect functionality that we saw at E3. The 'next big thing' better not be this motion stuff. I absolutely love FM franchise like I do GT but the motion things have got to go. I guess we'll just wait and see.

It's probably MS's way of trying to take out steam from GT5 so I expect this pack to launch close to GT5's release date.

I'm guessing the stoppage of DLC has almost nothing to do with GT5 and more along the lines of T10 has a limited amount of money, time, employees and other resources to them. GT is not the answer to the downfall of another game, guys in suits who run company's finances are.

Some interesting talk about DLC can be found in the latest Pitpass Podcast.

Production time:
9 months for car DLC
18 months for track DLC

It isn't possible to reduce these times because production is very serial.

Goes and checked thread title....................

.............nope, nothing in it at all about this being a FM3 bug and glitch thread or a FM vs GT discussion thread.

At least some of you managed to get it back on topic guys.

Scaff

Don't expect too many more DLC packs. According to Gamespot, T10 sent Forza 3: Ulimate Collection to the Aussie rating's board. FM2 had a Complete Edition that contained all the DLC content, I would assume FM3 Ultimate is more of the same.

Could mean that they have this final DLC ready and its going through approval to be put online also.

Yeah, true. But don't be surprised if Turn 10 does a "Jalopnik Community Pack? What's that? We didn't promise a community chosen pack of hard to find cars." Although, I'm sure if this was PD, we would have had the pack by now. "Hello, Jay Leno, yeah we've got a list of cars here that I'm sure you have 90% of."

With a 2 year game schedule they will never put their "all" into one game. It will be like EA sports games where they will hold onto features and content to have something fresh for the next game. I dont think they will hold on to the jalopnik car pack but dont be surprised if they do.

If it were PD we would never even get a community pack outside of Japan.

Yeah, true. But don't be surprised if Turn 10 does a "Jalopnik Community Pack? What's that? We didn't promise a community chosen pack of hard to find cars." Although, I'm sure if this was PD, we would have had the pack by now. "Hello, Jay Leno, yeah we've got a list of cars here that I'm sure you have 90% of."
If this was PD, the monthly pack releases would keep getting pushed back. :P

Im quite confident we are getting the Jalopnik. This ultimate versions has been planed since 2008, my guess its going to be released between november-january. That give the space for about 2 DLC.

Im expecting to see a Forza 3 + ALL DLC in the second disc (which still have lots of empty space)

This was the original ultimate version planed back in 2008, sounds cool but i think we are getting "just" Forza 3 + all DLC instead of those 30 cars and a new track
30wt955.png

Last edited:
All cars updated to their 2010 race liveries, huh? Wouldn't that entail T10 paying Polyphony Digital for the rights to the Peugeot 908's GT5 livery?

Its a 2008 document, many things can change, like i said i dont think we are getting those 30 new cars, 1 extra track and those liveries, especially since you can find those 2010 liveries in the storefront already.

All cars updated to their 2010 race liveries, huh? Wouldn't that entail T10 paying Polyphony Digital for the rights to the Peugeot 908's GT5 livery?
Team Peugeot Total didn't have Gran Turismo logos on their cars in the races they entered leading up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans (not sure if their cars have featured them in the last two Le Mans Series rounds).

I was trying to make a joke. I would be rather ironic and funny if the GT5 Liveries did appear in FM3. Wouldn't surprise me, either. Turn10 is eagerly awaiting GT5 just like we are. When GT4 came out, Turn10 encouraged their own community to go check it out and did everything short of out right saying that GT4 was a better game. However. I still don't see GT and FM being competitors anymore. FM3 is like the LMP2 car and GT is like a LMP1 car. Both on the same track, both similar, but completely different.

Back