August Update - Tokyo Expressway New Routes?

• Thread starter RetroGT
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've been enjoying custom racing the central loop over the past few weeks as it's quite a challenge getting a clean race with only 2 lanes and I'm now hoping Polyphony give us some new Tokyo Expressway routes. The full 13km loop would be great but that's maybe a stretch.

I'd take SSR5 and R246 if they want to bring back anymore classic tracks too. ;)

What track do you think we'll get in the August update?

I've been enjoying custom racing the central loop over the past few weeks as it's quite a challenge getting a clean race with only 2 lanes and I'm now hoping Polyphony give us some new Tokyo Expressway routes. The full 13km loop would be great but that's maybe a stretch.

I'd take SSR5 and R246 if they want to bring back anymore classic tracks too. ;)

What track do you think we'll get in the August update?
giphy.webp

The Nations Cup races on 2nd and 17th September are both tbc, but they could just as easily be one make races in a new car.

Dior Mangusta race anyone?

Tokyo Expressway is a disaster with no balance except for AI..Tried many cars today and finally decided its not worth my time to beat a nail with a tomato.. I suppose thats why people went the Tomahawk route.. Be nice to see more high payout tracks, but that wont happen

Although I sympathize with your suggestion my first gut reaction was: oh no, not even more Tokio Expressway ;)
:lol: My first reaction to , but when i'm thinking of R246 back in the old days, that was our time trial race between friends, so it has a special place in my hart :)

Tokyo Expressway is a disaster with no balance except for AI..Tried many cars today and finally decided its not worth my time to beat a nail with a tomato.. I suppose thats why people went the Tomahawk route.. Be nice to see more high payout tracks, but that wont happen
Great race imo, not a 10 min race indeed, but with for example an F40 i have a blast in those 25 minutes, lots of cars are capable of winning here ;)

Agree. I gave up on that race as a money maker. Not worth the hassle. I just stick with the 30 min Sarthe race. Easy money.

:lol: My first reaction to , but when i'm thinking of R246 back in the old days, that was our time trial race between friends, so it has a special place in my hart :)

Great race imo, not a 10 min race indeed, but with for example an F40 i have a blast in those 25 minutes, lots of cars are capable of winning here ;)

I get it.. I do the Sarthe WTC 700 in my Vett ZR1 C6 '09, Mazda 787B or Mach Forty everytime I get on 30mins usually 7-8 laps with a win and a grin. My point I guess is its hard for me to find the right car and tune on Tokyo to even get close to winning..

I'd buy the F40 for 2,600,000 Credits if it ever shows up in Legend Car Dealership.

First things first, there should be some new track or layout by end of August, as usual every other month.

Tokyo Expressway has a major problem, is unraceable multiplayer, in any layout, so no thanks.

New layouts are just a lazy way of PD officially adding new content without really doing it, just like they did with the new Spa layout, that just had a different pit exit route.

Back