Autodromo Internacional do Algarve (Portimao)

• Thread starter VDG
  • 17 comments

VDG

Netherlands
Netherlands
Autódromo_de_Algarve_svg.png

@VDG Definitely change the room name to "Autodromo Internacional do Algarve (Portimão)". I didn't recognize Portimão but when I searched Algarve @tvshacker 's comment brought me here. From watching GT1 races I know the track by Algarve and I think most other's do too. So yeah, please change it so people can identify this great track!

It's in Grid 2, if anyone's got that. It's primary characteristics are its elevation changes and it's multitude of different, tight, low-speed turns. The latter makes it a very technical track to master and I can see why some wouldn't like it so much. Certainly you're not going to get the fastest possible time around it without serious effort to master the transitions in and out of every corner, and how a particular car dynamically behaves around it, with differing set-ups. One for the purists, I'd say, though I'd be happy to see it in GT6.

It's in Grid 2, if anyone's got that. It's primary characteristics are its elevation changes and it's multitude of different, tight, low-speed turns. The latter makes it a very technical track to master and I can see why some wouldn't like it so much. Certainly you're not going to get the fastest possible time around it without serious effort to master the transitions in and out of every corner, and how a particular car dynamically behaves around it, with differing set-ups. One for the purists, I'd say, though I'd be happy to see it in GT6.
I would be happy as well. After all, I won my first and only online race there since the player leading the race stopped at the end just before the finish line and I just overtook him.

Just watch the F1 race there and it would be a great addition to GT.

Lots of elevation change, blind corners and some asymmetric corner, love it

Back