Automatic or manual - using wireless controller...

• Thread starter Marko3182
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
top tips please.
I’m running manual at the moment using the right stick for throttle and brakes. And R2/L2 for gear shifts.
Would the throttle and brake be better using R2/L2??

If so - what would be best to use for gear shifts??

Or is Auto just better??

I'm running manual, using the right stick for gas/throttle and L2/R2 for shifting. Been playing that way since GT5 and feel like I have more nuanced control over the throttle/brakes :).

However, regardless of your choice, it's a little hard to make small adjustments in the top half of the throttle since it's extra sensitive, much more sensitive then the bottom half.

I'm running manual, using the right stick for gas/throttle and L2/R2 for shifting. Been playing that way since GT5 and feel like I have more nuanced control over the throttle/brakes :).

Triggers are best for throttle/brakes though as it allows you to use both throttle and gas at the same time (useful for rally or just very rapid switchover). Can’t do that with the stick. :)

When I use my DualShock, the triggers are for accelerating and braking, X and square are for shifting.

I find it works best for me to use L2/R2 triggers to brake/accelerate and L1/R1 buttons to shift down/up.

Manual shifting is best.

Triggers are best for throttle/brakes though as it allows you to use both throttle and gas at the same time (useful for rally or just very rapid switchover). Can’t do that with the stick. :)

You can also trail brake using this setup, which can be incredibly helpful

Back