Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
That's the kind of gameplay experience that I've been modding PC games (and Gran Turismo 3/5) for 15 years to try and recreate. I even bought that Street Legal Racing Redline piece of crap because it was the closest a game ever came to supporting that out of the box.

This is amazing.

It's 15% off in the Steam sale, not the best but I've bought it anyway. It's better than the demo I played years ago, but the bodies available aren't what I was expecting. I know they're still not finished, but looking at that design competition, how the hell do they expect someone to make a '40s luxury barge when they don't have a proper base to work from?

gFYb1GM.jpg

xlBIOGM.jpg

Um..this has me doing a big think. 5-liter TT V8, 711 HP, 0-100KPH in 2.9 seconds, 208 MPH top speed...and yet 26 MPG. Might be because of the Workshop-sourced body, but I really should ask out of curiosity how fuel economy is calculated..

Last edited:
Funnily Enough I was debating about buying the game via steam, took the plunge and bought the game and then had buyer's remorse when I couldn't get my cars to sale or even go into production but alas, I figured it out after reading some guides and I really really love this game!!:bowdown:

Was it worth the $25 on steam? ehh yes and no.... I say this because i thought I could get lite campaign in UE4 but the Kee Engine has the full Lite Campaign experience. Nonetheless I still had alot of fun designing my cars and writing up a promotional poster for it.

here's some pictures of my first car design that i'm satisfied with and the promotional poster I made.
C186D5F9D5018B383A189B233CFD38DA41CFF77E
20180627202009_1.jpg

IftrJun.png

pjKR2rc.jpg

fuXabDJ.jpg

9VJP9fc.jpg

So I made a big shouty supercar, still respectable fuel economy. So hastily designed, forgot to put the proper magnesium wheels on it instead of the default steel ones. Gained 1 MPH top speed, dropped a tenth of a second to 100KPH, gained three-fifths of a gallon in MPG, lost 114 pounds.

Also, it's exact opposite in terms of basically everything:
JSwnuQW.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll be buying this and BeamNG because of that feature. It sounds really fun to do.
I can't wait for the next two days... i'll be off work but it's also All-star weekend and some nice days for swimming. Car stuff at night, I guess!
I'm not sure if it's the cars handling, or maybe I was playing at too high of a setting, but I had a hard time driving the thing, lol...

Interesting... So I made a 3.6 V6 sedan with engine specs as close to my Impala as possible. I was surprised the HP was 302 and 264ft-lb. That is pretty much identical to my car's specs 306HP and 262 ft-lb. Coincidence or the game is actually very accurate.

Fun game.

Here's something I whipped up in about 20 minutes or so a week or so back:

9h6oa3P.png

Preliminary car name is the ORB. (Totes doesn't stand for One Revvy Boi or anything....)

2.2 L inline-6, 246 HP @ 8400 RPM, 9000 RPM redline, 2222 lbs overall weight.
0-62 in 4.9 seconds, quarter-mile in 13.1 seconds @ a speed, top speed 169 MPH. 1.15g on small skidpad, 1.12g on the large one. 62MPH-0 in 108 ft.

2002 tech, no slider fumbling at all.

Despite my PC still unable to run this game at anything over 20fps I'm still trying to build half decent cars

AutomationGame-Win32-Shipping 2018-10-25 21-26-51-396.jpg
AutomationGame-Win32-Shipping 2018-10-25 21-27-27-815.jpg

My take on the 90's Japanese supercar. The Tekuno is an FR sports car with a 5 speed manual. Advertised as producing "276 BHP" the 3.0 twin turbo V6 actually produces 335 BHP in the top range T30 model with lower end S20 and S30 models featuring Naturally Aspirated engines.

I guess this is a thing now...

HighresScreenshot00000.png

No idea what caused it (probably a random update) and it only seems to have affected this body. I wonder what would happen if that got exported to Beam...
It's a fun game, but boy does it remind you it's early access whenever it can.

I'm the newest member of the "Automation: The Car Tycoon Game" club. Let me just say this right now- ANYONE can make a car. This game, however, actually makes you think about everything. The Sandbox is great for picturing dream cars. However, having the challenges and tutorials help you to make quality automobiles. In my first run of the game, the game later crashed. So I sadly didn't get to complete a basic 3-door hatchback I was working on.

This game has immense promise. So I am NOT going to want a refund or anything of this game.

I noted there are different versions of Automation you can load up. I tried out even Safe Mode and the legacy Automation. Legacy Automation runs fairly nice on my PC. I think the Legacy version, though, is devoid of a few packages. Some options for chassis options said that I could download certain mods to use those options.

Automation kind of crashed on me again today. I am still not really sold on Automation to where I want to download extra mods or anything. I mostly want to keep things basic for now. So my Automation will be mostly bone stock (or my term for "vanilla").

I managed to create my first car in Automation tonight. My first car is a peppy economy hatchback. I went light because I am not ready to try more extreme vehicles. I have no pictures because I am still trying to engineer it better with power and handling. Previously, I designed a car for which the engine kept knocking.

A few details on it...
* front-wheel drive 3-door hatchback
* turbo DOHC Inline-4 engine
* approx. 2800 lbs.
* 5-speed sequential transmission

I certainly need to adjust the gear ratios better to help its fairly brutal top speed of 131 mph. I am aiming for about maybe 160 mph, perhaps 13 seconds down the 1/4 mile, and things like that. I don't want to make it too powerful for its segment. I may also want to try to smooth out the power and torque curves.

Like I said before, this game really makes you think in terms of engineering a car. You can build a car easily; engineering it is a totally different story. So definitely give Automation a try if you love cars and always wanted to design your own car.

I managed to create my first car in Automation tonight. My first car is a peppy economy hatchback. I went light because I am not ready to try more extreme vehicles. I have no pictures because I am still trying to engineer it better with power and handling. Previously, I designed a car for which the engine kept knocking.

A few details on it...
* front-wheel drive 3-door hatchback
* turbo DOHC Inline-4 engine
* approx. 2800 lbs.
* 5-speed sequential transmission

I certainly need to adjust the gear ratios better to help its fairly brutal top speed of 131 mph. I am aiming for about maybe 160 mph, perhaps 13 seconds down the 1/4 mile, and things like that. I don't want to make it too powerful for its segment. I may also want to try to smooth out the power and torque curves.

Like I said before, this game really makes you think in terms of engineering a car. You can build a car easily; engineering it is a totally different story. So definitely give Automation a try if you love cars and always wanted to design your own car.
If you're goimg for a 13 second 1/4 mile, you want to try for about 250 HP at that weight.

Couldn't we make a thread to share all our cars for download? (And keep the links all organized on the first post)

It would be really nice. I made some cool cars, I started with a cheap 40's sedan, the "Smithson Eagle", since I wouldn't have many options to choose from, so it would be easier, and I really liked my "Haikou Banshee", based on an S2000, a bit weaker, but did get it to rev to a bit over 9k. There was also a classic muscle car, the "Crown Hammerhead", the "Fabrica Automobili Piedmont Virgolino" (based on a Fiat Uno), a 40's panel van, a recreation of a Porsche 356, there might have been one or two others..
Unfortunately I lost all of it because of a ransomware.

After starting over I made the "Avanti B15", a mix of an Audi and an Alfa Romeo. I recently remade the Smithson Eagle, and started making a new project, the "Haikou Sparrow", made to compete with the Toyota Celica, Honda Integra and other similar sporty fwd cars..

The Avanti B15:

screenshot_2019-05-30_11-08-07.jpg

screenshot_2019-05-30_11-08-56.jpg

screenshot_2019-05-30_11-11-09.jpg

Couldn't we make a thread to share all our cars for download? (And keep the links all organized on the first post)
Go for it. Though I'm not sure this game is popular enough here that it would gain much traffic. But I've been wrong before.

Meanwhile...

As I've been on a bit of a rally binge lately I figured it time to have a go at making one of my own.
Thus I present, the creatively named: 350 Sport...

screenshot_2019-07-10_22-42-03.png
screenshot_2019-07-10_22-40-59.png

A modest sports car that would have been available during the early 80's, it answers the rightfully unasked question of what would have happened if you were to take random bits of a Audi Quatro, Opel Ascona, and Peugeot 505 and stuck them together on a car. Power is sent to the rear wheels by a 2.1L inline 5 making right around 180HP. A five speed manual box rounds out the drivetrain, with the entire package ending up weighing just 1024KG. Not bad, but not exactly a car ready to tear up the Col de Turini.

So to that end:

screenshot_2019-07-10_22-30-38.png
screenshot_2019-07-10_22-33-26.png

The 350 Sport HB1 is an amped up, group b ready version of the original. While still being naturally aspirated, 0.4 liters means the car now has some 90 more horses to pull it along. Other changes include; flared fenders to accommodate the larger tires, additional vents to help the engine breath better, upgraded brakes, and some optional night stage lights. All this resulting in a RWD rally car still weighing some 1050KG, ready just in time to get crushed by the Quatro which would have arrived around the same time.

Here's one of my better ideas:
AsqMMOTl.png

UbQCawal.png

The 2012 Mossador (bonus points for getting where I got the name from).

Running on a modded version of the '07 supercar body, and by that, it's essentially the original incarnation from when it first appeared on the Steam Workshop. Reason? The monster I have as an engine:

ouhHryFl.png

7-liter V8, which is about the largest one you can cram into this version of the body. (See the headers clipping through the framerails? Gives an idea of the size of the engine.)
13.5:1 compression, direct injection, race intake
778 HP @ 7400 RPM
581 ft-lbs @ 6400 RPM
7500 RPM redline
7-speed manual transmission
2836 lbs overall weight
Wheels are 265/40R20 (f), 335/30R20 (r), magnesium

Performance:
0-62 MPH: 3.1 s
1/4 mile: 10.4 s @ many miles an hour
1 km: 18.2 s @ many miles an hour
Top speed: 225 MPH
Small skidpad: 1.19 G
Large skidpad: 1.18 G

I like how this game actually makes you think about making a practical vehicle. That is, if you're trying to make practical vehicles. I've seen many a video of super unrealistic cars were created and mostly for BeamNG.drive.

I haven't played this game in a while and kind of want to return. Another vehicle I was kind of working on was an '80s style minivan. I want to eventually try a muscle car or a peppy low-level sports car.

[...]I want to eventually try a muscle car
My "Crown Hammerhead" was pretty much an attempt at a typical muscle car, "chsitty" everything, big V8. "Unfortunately", it had to be an automatic, there was a weird thing when I made it a manual, where in Beam.NG, if I was off the throttle, one of it's rear wheels would lock up.

I have recently been looking at Automation again after not having played in a while. This game is now making think about how vehicles are built and their performance levels. So I have been thinking of how vehicles perform in other games. Like, think of some of your favorite vehicles in the Gran Turismo series or in other such racing/driving games (even including Need for Speed titles and such). Some vehicles you try to create (or re-create) have certain performance values similar to what you want to try to make in Automation. I probably need to spend more time following the performance stats of certain vehicles in games to better understand how to properly re-create or replicate certain performance figures. You're not likely going to learn if something has, for example- wishbone suspension, CVT transmission, specific gear ratios, and the like. So some things you may need to learn on your own to properly engineer whatever vehicle you are trying to create in Automation. You are probably at more of a disadvantage if you are trying to replicate a machine's performance that certain mechanical or performance values are not disclosed.

It does help, though, to have some experience in knowing how to construct a vehicle by more than just its aesthetics.

I had another go at Automation recently. I restarted my 1980s minivan project. This time, I adjusted the specifications of it to meet the notifications. So this minivan has 130hp from an inline-4(?) engine and is FWD. Top speed is about 135-140 mph.

Back