• Thread starter mister dog
  • 268 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
This game deserves its own thread, successor to Stock Car Extreme by Reiza studios whilst we wait for their truly 'next gen' title coming somewhere in 2017:

3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

image.2016228164747.jpeg

I have downloaded it already, but didn't get the chance to play yet.
For those of you that did so far, feel free to post your impressions :cheers:

Last edited:
So far I've only tried it with a controller, but the Steam group I chat with (about racing, mostly) seems to universally love it. They considered SCE the best sim you can get that doesn't require a subscription so that's hardly surprising. I'm ordering a wheel stand almost specifically so I can get up and running with my G27 quickly just for this because the controller didn't really work out in my favour. Super Trucks need much finer control than I could manage with a DS4...

Yeah, I've been enjoying it since I got it. I missed out on GSC somehow but glad I picked this up. Takes a bit of tinkering to get it looking it's best but physics are very good and so is the ffb. Makes sure you check out the Race Department forums as they are kind of an official support site and have some excellent mods available with more to come. Hopefully we can get enough interested for some MP fun.

I guess many of you already saw this vid, but i'll post it here again as Niels (who does the physics for Reiza), gives a nice explanation on how to control the supertrucks, especially over those ramps:

Looking at that car list, I was expecting the F1 1988 and Supertrucks to have more power. Around 650 HP for both of them I think.

Yeah the Stadium Super Trucks are a blast. I've found a few bugs with the game but that's to be expected from an early access game.

Still using GSCE as it has my local tracks in it as mods but eventually they will all come over to AMS.

I have access to the Beta, and I've been enjoying the FormulaV10 to an unhealthy extent. :sly:
-
2016-03-05_00009.jpg

Yes, that's a legit Rubens Barrichello in P2 behind me.
2016-03-05_00010.jpg

Me, pulling-out a lead in a Spielberg GP race.
2016-03-05_00011.jpg

Me, losing some of that lead in the last few turns.
-
-SuperTrucks are a blast, you have to take everything you know about sim-racing - and throw it out the window. :lol:
-The Brazilian V8 Stock Cars, I can best describe them as Brazilian-DTM cars - with the best V8-soundtrack around. :P
-A lot of people tend to look at the game, and just think "it's just SCE with some polish", but I assure you - it feels so much better than that. 👍

And this is just the Beta. :D

Last edited:
Just had my first run tonight, and coming off AC you immediately notice how the FFB is a lot better. Even though AC is very good, stepping into a car in AMS you just keep on doing lap after lap without noticing just because it feels and sounds so darn good. Immersion +10!

Graphics seem crisper and less cartoonish compared to SCE, and the menus are a lot nicer to look at too.
Racing the supertrucks you're just longing for that next ramp :D

Something that I noticed in a Reiza interview by RD earlier this year (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/reiza-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.116120/):

RD: Right ok, so while we are still looking at ‘Reiza 2017’, do you anticipate modding support and if so, can you offer any information to the community around how this will be implemented, say for example via the excellent Steam Workshop?

RS: Sadly our upcoming titles are not being designed as modding platforms – for one thing we have agreed with ISI not to go in that direction as that would be conflicting with their own products; besides we quite frankly don´t wish to do it. As modders ourselves we love the great mods that come out of the community, but there already are a couple of excellent modding platforms out there.

I believe we are prolific enough in producing or own content, and while naturally that may never match the sheer number of mods you can gather, I feel producing a consistent & cohesive sim environment where all cars and tracks attain to the same internal logic and methodology is a bigger value for our sims, so that´s what we´re looking to focus on. It will remain moddable on some level as most PC titles are but it won´t be officially supported as a modding platform.

While I agree that Reiza's stock content is always top notch in breadth and quality, I feel this is going to be a huge loss moving forwards. Mods always add to what the base game is lacking. In GSCE/AMS I'm quite happy with the car selection, but the track selection is too Brazil centric and could easily use the help of mods. Since they are already reusing the old ISImotor engine, it's not like they have to bend over backwards to add mod compatibility.

The last sentence gives me some hope that it might still be moddable, but maybe some of the more advanced features are locked to developers only. That would be the best compromise I think.

When I first heard the name "Automoblista," I almost thought of CAPCOM's "Auto Modellista." Almost like the crew who made that game made "Automoblista." But after giving this a look-see, this game is NO Auto Modellista (not that I played that game). Great looking game and seems to have a good bit of potential and promise. My PC probably can't handle it, but I seem to think this could be a quite cool game.

Early Access Roadmap plan: http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-early-access-dev-roadmap-beyond.161/

Some sweet content incoming in full release:
Boxer Cup (unlicensed 911 GT3 - I'm not a fan of Porsches, but I'll take it)
Copa Montana (Aussie V8 Ute look alike)
VIR :D
Speedland (Brazilian indoor kart track, looks similar to GT's Kart Space :cool:)
Mendig Airfield Gymkhana (a cross between Top Gear Test Track and Ken Block stunt area)
Formula Vintage (unlicensed 1960s era F1 car - now we just need a 1950s era car and the F1 collection is complete 💡)
Ibarra (a scenic driving road)
Imola Historic (revamped and going to be paid DLC unfortunately)

For a game that's only meant as a stop-gap measure to Reiza2017, it's still pretty amazing to see how comitted Reiza is to post launch support 👍 Having paid DLC for a game that's only going to last 1 year is iffy, but knowing Reiza it's probably going to be priced competitively. We'll see how it goes...

When I first heard the name "Automoblista," I almost thought of CAPCOM's "Auto Modellista." Almost like the crew who made that game made "Automoblista." But after giving this a look-see, this game is NO Auto Modellista (not that I played that game). Great looking game and seems to have a good bit of potential and promise. My PC probably can't handle it, but I seem to think this could be a quite cool game.

Yeah I made that connection too with the name when I first heard it :lol: I can assure you they are nothing alike though.

AMS is based on ISImotor engine (although it has been heavily modified). I've seen you run the old ISI powered sims (GTR2, rFactor, Race07) so if your PC can handle those I think it can handle AMS, though you might have to set all settings to Low and reduce the resolution. Unless you're a graphics buff it's no biggie for the game to look bad as long as the frame rate is smooth ;) Alternatively just upgrade your PC. AMS has lower spec requirements than most of the newer sims so it shouldn't be too expensive 👍

Saw a screenshot of the Boxer Cup. Looks like it's going to be a fantastic addition.

Took a bit of relief from doing serious laps by jumping in to the Stadium Truck. It's a LOT of fun!

There has been reports that the total DLC for AMS will be around $40-50 :crazy: I got AMS for free because I already own GSCE, but for those buying the game full price that is a very steep price for a game that's only going to last a year before becoming outdated. Seems like Reiza miscalculated by giving everyone a free copy of AMS. The people who are interested in this game are either a) already have GSCE or b) have joined the crowdfunding. So basically everyone who plays AMS got it for free and Reiza isn't gaining any revenue.

What I'm wondering is where the hell does that $107,000 crowdfunding money go? The original plan did not even involve AMS. All the extra content were supposed to come to GSCE at no extra cost (covered by crowdfunding, which also covers Reiza2017 development). So they should have been able to give away AMS for free essentially. Either they know this well beforehand and decided to exploit the crowdfunding, or Reiza is genuinely in financial trouble. I'm not sure which one I prefer...

This game runs on the same engine as rFactor 1, so it might run similarly as rF1 with low settings. I ran GSCE on a laptop with integrated graphics for an entire league season. The only problems I had were during starts because of smoke from people not quite getting optimal traction off the line.

This game runs on the same engine as rFactor 1, so it might run similarly as rF1 with low settings. I ran GSCE on a laptop with integrated graphics for an entire league season. The only problems I had were during starts because of smoke from people not quite getting optimal traction off the line.

I had horrible problems trying to get GSCE to run decently on my laptop which has a built in nVidia card. It never occurred to me to try the integrated graphics option until i saw your post. The performance is night and day, so much better! Just had a little race with 20 a.i on the track with no issues.

Cheers!:D

There has been reports that the total DLC for AMS will be around $40-50 :crazy: I got AMS for free because I already own GSCE, but for those buying the game full price that is a very steep price for a game that's only going to last a year before becoming outdated. Seems like Reiza miscalculated by giving everyone a free copy of AMS. The people who are interested in this game are either a) already have GSCE or b) have joined the crowdfunding. So basically everyone who plays AMS got it for free and Reiza isn't gaining any revenue.

What I'm wondering is where the hell does that $107,000 crowdfunding money go? The original plan did not even involve AMS. All the extra content were supposed to come to GSCE at no extra cost (covered by crowdfunding, which also covers Reiza2017 development). So they should have been able to give away AMS for free essentially. Either they know this well beforehand and decided to exploit the crowdfunding, or Reiza is genuinely in financial trouble. I'm not sure which one I prefer...
I think there's a lot of use that will gladly purchase fresh content seeing it comes from Reiza. As long as they keep the packs interesting and exciting i will surely open my wallet.

It's not a bad move IMO, they gave it for free which is a nice gesture as it is a true update of GSCE in many ways, and in return i'm sure a lot of people won't feel insulted if Reiza tries to earn by bringing out DLC for it. Doesn't necessarily mean they are in financial trouble ;)

Is this coming to consoles??? And is there a track list that can be added to the OP?

Reiza is offering upgrades to AMS Beta, with the beta game, access to the dev forum and a discount on all future DLC included:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-new-content-revealed.119525/

20 bucks if you already own AMS.

This is the planned DLC:

• Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
  • Oulton Park/UK
  • Cadwell Park/UK
  • Brands Hatch/UK
  • Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
  • Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US
  • Ultima GTR
  • Truck Racing - based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who F-Truck 2013)
  • Aussie Racing Car
  • Divisão 3 (Historical Brazilian touring car series)
  • Group B Rally car
@TDZdave not likely, at least i havent heard no plans for a console port. Track list here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-official-car-and-track-list.118207/

Reiza is offering upgrades to AMS Beta, with the beta game, access to the dev forum and a discount on all future DLC included:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-new-content-revealed.119525/

20 bucks if you already own AMS.

This is the planned DLC:

• Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
  • Oulton Park/UK
  • Cadwell Park/UK
  • Brands Hatch/UK
  • Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
  • Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US
  • Ultima GTR
  • Truck Racing - based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who F-Truck 2013)
  • Aussie Racing Car
  • Divisão 3 (Historical Brazilian touring car series)
  • Group B Rally car
@TDZdave not likely, at least i havent heard no plans for a console port. Track list here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-official-car-and-track-list.118207/

This is all starting to sound like RRRE or PCARS to me. Reiza's work is always top notch but I'm not sure all this is justified for a game that's only going to last a year (if Reiza 2017 meets its release schedule). It just seems like the crowdfunding money disappeared way too quickly and they are asking for more?

I think I'm gonna wait until some packs are released to see if it's worth the price. I mean the game isn't even out of Early Access yet :crazy: Also good to know the membership packs are available throughout development:

Please keep in mind that at this stage the full AMS DLC line-up, release order & pricing is not yet finalized (and there will be at least a couple of further items added to this list). We are providing this preliminary information as a reference of the value included in our membership packages, however the membership packs do not ensure specific content nor the order in which they will be released - only that any & all DLCs produced for AMS will be delivered to you free of additional charge. This is reflected on the special pricing the packages are currently offered for.

If you are interested in buying specific cars & tracks or want to know exactly what you are buying into, we recommend you wait until the DLCs are confirmed / released.

The membership packages will remain in offer throughout AMS development, with items & pricing being updated accordingly as we go.

http://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...-now-in-offer-what-they-are-and-why-join.227/

Not looking good for Reiza at the moment (ignore the highlighted paragraph - it's just PRC being stupid, read the paragraph under it).

1.jpg

If Reiza is forced to license everything, this will do 2 things: a) reduce their content significantly and b) drive the game's price up. If that happens I can't see the studio surviving tbh. They are a small studio in a developing country operating on a small budget. Their games' strength has always been lots of content at a cheap price. If they go the official license route there are other more established games that does the job with better graphics and newer technology (AC, PCARS, RRRE, rFactor 2, even GT/Forza although they are not fully hardcore sims).

Why can't FOM just leave us alone. Sad day for simracers everywhere if this becomes true :(

^ It's a bit of double standard really, because Stock Car Extreme is still up on Steam and that has 90% of AMS content, fake liveries and all.

I can see Reiza having to remove the look alike liveries, but keeping the cars. Maybe they have to remove "Formula" from the names as well. It's more for their next game (Reiza2017) and the future of simracing and modding in general that I'm concerned about.

If only FOM/FIA spends as much time rectifying F1 instead of meddling with copyright in youtube vids or racing games that doesn't harm anyone :rolleyes: Their priorities blows my mind really...

Of the seven F1-labeled cars, does anyone know if specific ones are the target? Could they, as Legend said, remove any straight-copy liveries and rename them GP1 or something like that?

Most probably Formula Extreme as that's the closest one to the current crop of cars and liveries, but I think the older cars can get hit as well (I don't remember up to what year FOM's copyrights go back to). Even if Reiza replaced all logos and only kept the basic design, it's still an infringement due to similar "likeness" or whatever it is in lawyer speak (good luck trying to defend Ferrari's livery - it's just red lol). But again this is all just conjecture and Renato is keeping very tight lipped about the whole matter.

It's just really, really silly and petty from FOM. I know it's well within their rights, but it's not like Reiza is selling an AAA game in millions of copies.

Most probably Formula Extreme as that's the closest one to the current crop of cars and liveries, but I think the older cars can get hit as well (I don't remember up to what year FOM's copyrights go back to). Even if Reiza replaced all logos and only kept the basic design, it's still an infringement due to similar "likeness" or whatever it is in lawyer speak (good luck trying to defend Ferrari's livery - it's just red lol). But again this is all just conjecture and Renato is keeping very tight lipped about the whole matter.

It's just really, really silly and petty from FOM. I know it's well within their rights, but it's not like Reiza is selling an AAA game in millions of copies.
True, but if people are turning to this, among other games, instead of the licensed F1 games, to their minds that affects their returns on investment. Of course, if Codemsaters would get their 🤬 together and make the game they're capable of making it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. It seems to me that whenever I hear about stuff like this, it's when the instigator has had something end poorly, or at least not as well as they wanted, and with CM's F1 games apparently getting worse with each version, even devoted CM fans will look elsewhere, and if someone compares AMS to F1 2015 directly, someone's gonna investigate.

Latest Posts

Back