Automotive badges

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 55 comments
  • 11,184 views
Interesting note on the Prancing Horse...it came from an Italian fighter pilot, Francesco Barracca's plane. It was suggested by the pilot's mother, to Enzo Ferrari, That it'd bring him luck if he used it on his cars.

Seems it worked so far...
 
I love the crests of Cadillac and Porsche...

cadillac_logo_detail.jpg


PorscheBadgeI72.jpg


The shield shape and the design and texturing inside make them stand out. They look very regal.

I like Volkswagen's badge because it's cheeky and cute, especially with the blue background...

Volkswagen_logo.jpg


Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy is pretty much as regal as you can get though.

20090721101719_rgf_7559.jpg


There's no topping that lady guiding you to your destination, blowing in the wind.

I find that European and luxury badges are typically more attractive. They are luxury, after all. I love Jaguar's leaper and Aston Martin's wings.

Another of very few nice American badges:

vemp_0703_20_z+2006_corvette_z06_turbo_kit+corvette_badge.jpg
 
Last edited:
jaguar-hood-ornament-1-jill-reger.jpg


volvo-shield_emblem_volvo-p1800_2_sm_65.jpg


1800-s_emblem_1_volvo-p1800_sm_65.jpg
 
I quite like my MR2's Screaming Chicken. Though I have no idea why it adorns an MR2. :lol:

22819360027_large.jpg
 
dodge doesn't HAVE a badge anymore...they have a "wordmark"

Dodge has been waffling on it's badge for years. you should see the 30's badge.
1914-1927+Dodge+badge.JPG
 
Horses mean speed, loyalty and braveness, everything you would want in a car. Nothing can beat 'em.

708724740_849bdaa9a9.jpg

How about stink? Does it mean stink? Because horses stink.
 
LOL gumperts
gumpert-logo-banner.jpg

and i always seemed to like the alfa logo because there is a snake eating a dude
logo_alfaromeo.jpg


can anybody guess this one?
6a00e54fda5a8488340105371bc504970b-800wi
 
Last edited:
How about stink? Does it mean stink? Because horses stink.
But what are you gonna do about it, beat him up because he stinks? Horses are mighty powerful and I wouldn't mess with one.
 
But what are you gonna do about it, beat him up because he stinks? Horses are mighty powerful and I wouldn't mess with one.

But you don't want to own, ride, or even be near one either because they stink. They're also good at breaking your neck when you try to ride them. I guess there are certain cars that fit that description though.
 

nope, there is in fact an old american car company that used it before pepsi. anymore guesses for the car company?

hint: here is a engine badge.
3767563797_c7d2092874.jpg
 
Last edited:
nope, there is in fact an old american car company that used it before pepsi. anymore guesses for the car company?

hint: here is a engine badge.
3767563797_c7d2092874.jpg

It looks loke it says Avanti.
 
Studebaker.

win. not the most noticable brand, and I have always loved how the badge does look like the pepsi logo. We should start a guess that badge thread.
another favorite
1075478917_975deb3849.jpg
 
Last edited:
^A wolf guarding a castle guarding a sea. Hmm...
 
How about stink? Does it mean stink? Because horses stink.

Supple and thick leather usually stinks a lot, so yeah.
 
And the prize for second place is...
 
That's what I get for not checking page 3...
 
I think PepsiCo has a habit of swiping Logos. i think the rivalry with coke got started over pepsi stealing the font, and everyone syas the new "pepsi Globe" looks like they swiped Obama's campaign badge.

as for reverand? that's the first time I've seen an enamel badge of the Wolfsberg editions. last one I saw was on a 73 Super Beetle steering wheel. (for those that don't know, wolfsberg is VW's "Trollhatten" (main HQ?), the actuall "device" for the city, and i think it's also a "tuner" badge. reverend can clarify. my Volks knowlege is from when I was growing up, so it's old.
 
win. not the most noticable brand, and I have always loved how the badge does look like the pepsi logo. We should start a guess that badge thread.
another favorite
1075478917_975deb3849.jpg

Wolfsburg. ;)
 
Seriously?
Sneaky Pete takes my "vote"
Not only that they also used it as a brake light, as seen here.
dodge-viper-sneaky-pete-brake-light-3.jpg

It looks like its thinking....
Like "hmmm do I feel like being nice today....naw"
 
I agree with that, Thatman. it's the smirk drawn into the snake that makes it extra appealing.
 
Back