Automotive Facelifts - For Better or Worse

Just like the Challenger Civic Type R conversion exists, I can see this Cadillac front clip on the Civic Type R.
1710906727331.jpeg

1710906748026.jpeg

The facelifted Taycan certainly looks a bit less...unique I suppose? I will say I've gotten rather bored with Porsche's design as of late, especially with the Macan and Cayenne.

Another facelift that I'm unsure of.

2020 - 2024 Cadillac CT5 prefacelift (or 2022 - 2024 for the Blackwing)

Really like the design of the CT5 when it first came out and it still looks handsome to this day.
2024_cadillac_ct5_sedan_v-blackwing_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg

2021-cadillac-ct5-mmp-1-1599080209.jpg

2025+ facelift doesn't look as cohesive (if that's the word).
2025_cadillac_ct5-v-blackwing_front_1280.jpg

2025-cadillac-ct5-front-three-quarters-6500b97f73e1a.jpg
The blue one reminds me of the C7 ZR-1 where the design brief seems to be "put random **** everywhere". Wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same designer.

The blue one reminds me of the C7 ZR-1 where the design brief seems to be "put random **** everywhere". Wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same designer.
The C7 ZR-1 really was a mess with that tacked on spoiler and huge front splitter. With all that aero, I would have expected at least some notable diffuser at the rear to offset it all, but it looks like a regular C7 from the back. (Other than the wide fenders)

On another note...I find the pre-facelift current gen Kia Sorento decent looking (at least from the front)
kia_sorento_2023_asset-carousel_3.jpg

Not sure how Kia's new light designs work on the Sorento's facelift though... It's not bad, but just doesn't seem to fit the body as well as the pre-facelift.
2024-Kia-Sorento.jpg

Last edited:
I will commend Kia and Hyundai's dedication to throwing out their entire design language every 4 years.
Hyundai and Kia really are the fast fashion of the auto industry. New designs, often radically new, in a shorter period of time than any of their competitors, yet questionable long-term reliability and quicker depreciation. It could be that they are still overcompensating from their reign during the mid 1980s to the late 2000s as the most boring brands with the worst made products and reputations. I can’t wait to see what the next Santa Fe will look like after Hyundai decides they’re done with the retro-boxy theme.

I say this as a Hyundai owner.

Last edited:
Back