Automotive Photography Competition 106

  • Thread starter Thread starter LongbowX
  • 30 comments
  • 2,417 views
Messages
2,690
Canada
Titan
Competitioncopy2.jpg


Week 106.


Resultscopy.jpg


Week 105 Results.




Congratulations to ...Me!

Thank you to everyone who voted. And thanks to everyone who entered as well!




- LongbowX---3
- Floats---1
- NISM0_SKYLINE---0




































Winner: Week 104 - Theme chosen by Roo

DSC_0110smalld.jpg




THEME: Their words: "Moving Motorshow.

Anything, so long as it's on the move."







__________________

​






Rules:

  • Each competition's voting will end on a Friday at 5pm GMT. This gives chance for people to engage in religious activities, rest and time with family on Sunday.

  • Entries must of be of "actual sized" vehicles, as opposed to sub scale models. Non-running concept cars are allowed, however.

  • Entries must be in by 5pm on a Wednesday, no exceptions. If your work is not submitted by then then you must wait until the next week.

  • All entered photographs must have been taken between January 2009 and the present day.

  • Entries must be posted as a thumbnail without extending 400pixels on the longest side. Full sized images may be no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side (they may be smaller than this size, however).

  • You must only submit your own photographs, do not post anyone else's whether from the internet or if someone you know took the photograph.

  • Any watermark you place on your image must be in any corner of the image as long as it does not obstruct the subject of the image.

  • Only one photograph per person. You can change your entry only once.

  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.

  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Location, Date and Camera used.

  • Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses are allowed to use in Photoshop or other image editing softwares. Also, Unsharp Mask may be used. Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture.

  • No HDRI shots allowed



Entries must be in on the Wednesday at 10pm GMT.
The poll will be up at 10:30pm GMT on this day and will end on Friday at 10:30pm GMT.

​



The next competition will take place on Wednesday the 28th of September.


​
 
Last edited:
So basically, anything automotive related, as long as there's movement in the photo. Is this correct? Or am I totally wrong on this one?
 
I believe you are correct. Of course we'll have to wait for confirmation, but that was my interpretation as well.
 
So basically, anything automotive related, as long as there's movement in the photo. Is this correct? Or am I totally wrong on this one?

The subject must be moving, as opposed to static, like at a show. If you've taken a shot of a close up part of the car that is moving, like a cambelt, but the car is stationary, that's fine - the subject is moving. If the subject isn't a car but is automotive related and moving - including people - go for it. I hope that helps.
 


Porsche GT3

Mid Ohio

6.8.11

5dMrk.II
​
 
Urgh - from the same bunch as most of the things I upload to this - I need to go to another event....






240

D60

Oran Park Housing Estate

September sometime, 09.​
 
mmhh... lets see



WRX STI

Hnos. Rodriguez raceway, Mexico City

Canon S2

04/07/09
 
I have a question :

Why can we not post bigger pictures?
As there are only a few participating in the competitions it would not have a big effect?
 
I have loads of photos that fit this category, but I have decided to enter one that I took specifically for the contest. I got this one last night. Not perfect, but I quite like it...



Mercedes C-Class by R-W-P, on Flickr

800px here
 
Last edited:
Entries must be posted as a thumbnail without extending 400pixels on the longest side. Full sized images may be no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side (they may be smaller than this size, however).
 
...And to answer above the reason why that is. I don't want to have to change the rules when more/less people are participating. And I think having large images flowing around looks kind of cluttered in the thread. But even more importantly, I think smaller images work best for polls. Having large images for the poll doesn't make it easier to vote, or to load. Those are my reasons, anyway.
 


Aston Martin
Goodwood Revival Meeting
17th September 2011
Nikon D40​
 
Well if the comp is still open I might as well contribute as well. This is the only bit of motor sport I've shot in about a year so what the hell, it will have to do.







Ford Fiesta
Calder Park Raceway
Canon 5D
3rd of September 2011​
 
I MIGHT have something later today :sly:
 
FINAL ENTRY

1967 Plymouth GTX and 1979 Chevy Camaro
6/18/11
Bunker Hill Dragstrip, Bunker Hill, IN
Kodak Easyshare C190​
 
I guess if this competition is still open? I'd like to try my luck as well... :)


240SX_Drifting.jpg

Silvia S14 drifting for NL Drift Series
25/09/2011
Zandvoort Circuit Park, Netherlands
Sony Alpha A55​

- Edit: Just realised this is a Silvia S14 and not a 240SX... DOH!
 
Last edited:
I'll enter something in a bit too...
 
People are strange. But thanks guys... I will make a point on closing them more regularly, regardless of entry number - as I said in the model thread yesterday.

Also, Calendar needs to be started. Well really, it already needed to have been started. Eep. I really don't know if people are interested though.
 
^ :lol: Well, the thread wasn't closed and there was no mention of being closed... So then people start to assume... ;)
 
Calendar needs to be started. Well really, it already needed to have been started. Eep. I really don't know if people are interested though.
I'm totally in! 👍

People are strange.

Yup, I agree. Unbelievable... :indiff:













































That's why I'm also entering this one. :D:tup:







FINAL ENTRY
​

Porsche 997 GT3 Cup - Team RMS
July 31st, 2011
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium (Total 24h event)
Nikon D5000​
 
JRM Nissan GT-R GT3 Debut



25th September 2011
Sony a200 + 70-300mm butter stick
Donington Park​
 
Also, Calendar needs to be started. Well really, it already needed to have been started. Eep. I really don't know if people are interested though.
I'm up for it again. :)
 
So, is this competition still going to happen? People are still submitting pictures... :p
 
Its going to be the largest poll we've had in a while. I'd just like to say hello to people again :p
 
Yeah prett full this time.
And most came in the last minute.


What's the calander thingy ??
 
I'm just doing the usual thing here. I say it closes on Wednesday, but then I actually close it today...because there were so many stragglers I just ended up doing that all the time.

Final Entry




I suppose for the calendar I should just post a thread and contact the necessary people...I should probably contact them first, actually.



Anyway, this is closed now, I think.
 
Last edited:
Back