Awesome GT5/GT6 Idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElementRacer
  • 47 comments
  • 3,220 views
Messages
740
Australia
Brisbane Australia
Messages
SDM_CarbonR
Messages
Time Attack Pro
I just had a brainwave.

Imagine, of all your visually modified cars, you could choose 6, and have them postioned in a user decorated garage/workshop.

Think of the Top Gear intro, with the DB9, Ford GT, and i believe Ferrari?

The car positioning would be configured to mimic the photo travel idea.

Garages Similar to Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Decoration: users define EVERYTHING

A possible list of garage features:

Floor material
Wall paint/Wallpaper
Photos in frames
Garage door style
Car covers
Wheel mats (like in shopping centers)
Engines on stands (RB's, 2ZJ's etc)
Open/Close hoods
Oil stains on floor
Hanging overalls
Selected Front bumpers hanging on walls
Motor Related Signs

Anyone lile the idea?
 
This was in one of my favourite but forgotten games: Automodellista by Capcom
 
I just want to drive really.👍
 
This was in one of my favourite but forgotten games: Automodellista by Capcom
My first thought too when I read the OP :)
 
I like this idea, but, they'd charge you money to clean up the oil spills on the floor, and I'd be the last person to have a drop of oil on my floors. :lol: Like how everyone already is with oil changes; "Run! Oil change!"
 
I just want to drive really.👍
Realy :lol:

My gf would love GT after that..All day changin curtains and wallpapers in my garage...When is my turn play then :lol:

So not so awesome idea on my opinion..

Why don't just simply play Sims?
 
O.k you fuss with wallpaper and such. I drive.:D
 
I just reckon it would be cool to have a 'man-cave'
 
GRID menu is on of the best I've seen. First of all is not 2D and it has a smart livery editor included, the fastest livery editor ever. You can make good looking cars in 2 minutes. With Forza is not possible (yep I know, Forza livery editor is much better but also much more time consuming).

One of the reasons I'm not playing GT5 anymore is the slow loading times and the clunky menu.
 
👍

In all honesty, I think GT5 already has way too much unnecessary "fluff" in it.

Play Forza, you'll change your mind of "unnecessary fluff." In Forza, sometimes, it takes ten minutes just to get into a race (announcer, cars you receive, money you get from selling stuff online...) and then the races are filled with hyper-flips. That's a lot of fluff. GT5 doesn't come near that. Granted, I don't want to see cut scene after cut scene (like Forza) before even getting into a race, unless they're there to set the stage for racing, but, I see no problem with adding more depth in the menus (as in, having the garage menus organized in a 3D car collection, as an optional "bonus feature" that you can turn on or off.)
 
Play Forza, you'll change your mind of "unnecessary fluff." In Forza, sometimes, it takes ten minutes just to get into a race (announcer, cars you receive, money you get from selling stuff online...) and then the races are filled with hyper-flips. That's a lot of fluff. GT5 doesn't come near that. Granted, I don't want to see cut scene after cut scene (like Forza) before even getting into a race, unless they're there to set the stage for racing, but, I see no problem with adding more depth in the menus (as in, having the garage menus organized in a 3D car collection, as an optional "bonus feature" that you can turn on or off.)

What are you talking about? Races filled with "hyper-flips"?
 
What are you talking about? Races filled with "hyper-flips"?



Driver
Oops, my tires hit a 1" rise in the ground, I see nothing but tarmac.



Driver
Oops, my tires hit a 1.5" rise in the ground in a mid-engined supercar, magically turned in mid-air, and flipped.



^ Even more.

Have I made myself clear? Honestly, something's wrong when a Honda NSX can just tap some small curbing and flip over.
 
Fine but what has that got to do with "unnecessary fluff"? I'd also like to see this "ten minutes to get into a race", but this isn't the thread for it.
 
Fine but what has that got to do with "unnecessary fluff"? I'd also like to see this "ten minutes to get into a race", but this isn't the thread for it.

"Your 18 auctions sold for x amount of dollars. Click here to claim your money."

Then

"Your x file sold 18 copies. Click here to claim your money"

then

"Your replay was awesome. Click here to see how many people voted it down because it wasn't gymkhana/drifting."

Then, you finally get into a race, and BAM! Your Honda NSX goes top-down in all the wrong ways.
 
I don't play Forza online.

I just make custom liveries for aussie v8S
 
Yes,we get it Melancholy. You hate Forza. Now -snip because I should be friendlier- please quit going offtopic.

OT: I would love this idea. A man cave with a beautiful Zonda R parked inside? Don't mind if I do!
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a garage like PGR3 had.
 
My garage would consist of:

1. 1970 Skyline GTR
2. Corvette ZR1 RM '09
3. 2014 Corvette Prototype
4. Gran Turismo R34 Pace Car
5. Toyota GT-86
6. Aston Martin DB9
 
👍

In all honesty, I think GT5 already has way too much unnecessary "fluff" in it.

/end thread

It bothers me just a little when the most requests have to do with something that doesn't occur in a race. But, for the record, I liked the idea of showing your car in the to gear location.
 
I just had a brainwave.

Imagine, of all your visually modified cars, you could choose 6, and have them postioned in a user decorated garage/workshop.

Think of the Top Gear intro, with the DB9, Ford GT, and i believe Ferrari?

The car positioning would be configured to mimic the photo travel idea.

Garages Similar to Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Decoration: users define EVERYTHING

A possible list of garage features:

Floor material
Wall paint/Wallpaper
Photos in frames
Garage door style
Car covers
Wheel mats (like in shopping centers)
Engines on stands (RB's, 2ZJ's etc)
Open/Close hoods
Oil stains on floor
Hanging overalls
Selected Front bumpers hanging on walls
Motor Related Signs

Anyone lile the idea?

Ehhhh, I don't really care much into photo stuff. I just want PD to implement new things like engine change and being able to select from hundreds of rims. Adding decals editor would be good too. Just some of the things that we want to actually have.
 
/end thread

It bothers me just a little when the most requests have to do with something that doesn't occur in a race. But, for the record, I liked the idea of showing your car in the to gear location.

It bothers me that people don't realise that GT has always been about more than just the racing; it's really about cars. Anything that allows us to show them off is probably fully in the spirit of the game, although there are of course some "tasteful" and interesting ways it could be done, and some not so.

If you want a focused racer, those exist already. GT is not one of those games, but I would welcome tools that allow it to better provide for that crowd, too.
 
Yes,we get it Melancholy. You hate Forza. Now shut up and quit going offtopic.

Someone mentioned GT5's unnecessary fluff. I don't see any unnecessary fluff except GT TV. I'm just throwing it out there, that Forza took forever just to get into a race, and then still offered some "interesting" races that were hardly worth the wait.

I wouldn't mind a garage like PGR3 had.

This describes the best possible implementation of a garage.
 
Yes,we get it Melancholy. You hate Forza. Now shut up and quit going offtopic.

OT: I would love this idea. A man cave with a beautiful Zonda R parked inside? Don't mind if I do!

When you signed on here you agreed to a little thing called the AUP and I'm pretty sure that telling someone to "shut up" violates the AUP. You can take down your remarks voluntarily or we can send them along to a mod to figure out where they stand, the choice is yours.

I'm not big on photos and that kind of stuff but I do like the OP's idea. The GT series has always been about more than just racing and photo's are a big part of that. So long as the implementation of this kind of thing doesn't take any significant resources away from the rest of the game, I'd say go for it:tup:👍
 
When you signed on here you agreed to a little thing called the AUP and I'm pretty sure that telling someone to "shut up" violates the AUP. You can take down your remarks voluntarily or we can send them along to a mod to figure out where they stand, the choice is yours.

I'm not big on photos and that kind of stuff but I do like the OP's idea. The GT series has always been about more than just racing and photo's are a big part of that. So long as the implementation of this kind of thing doesn't take any significant resources away from the rest of the game, I'd say go for it:tup:👍

Alright,I edited it.

@Melancholy,I myself think the Museum is kind of fluffy too.

Hehe. Fluffy.
 
I don't mind the museum. It keeps itself hidden, and keeps out of the way until I feel like reading up on a car's history, albeit a short, brief, and occasionally inaccurate one.
 
Someone mentioned GT5's unnecessary fluff. I don't see any unnecessary fluff except GT TV

The ones that spring to mind immediately are the nascar bloke yapping like a ventriloquists dummy, and other motion scenes like trams driving through towns in the Special Events. That's what I'm referring to. They're not necessary.
 
The ones that spring to mind immediately are the nascar bloke yapping like a ventriloquists dummy, and other motion scenes like trams driving through towns in the Special Events. That's what I'm referring to. They're not necessary.

Oh, the Jeff Gordon cutscene? My friend and I remain convinced that they found a homeless guy and put him in a racing suit. I don't think they could've made him look any "shadier" or "creepy," no matter what.

But, indeed, terrible cutscenes are terrible, right? And, there's no creative use?

I like this video! I made it, I'll remain convinced of the awesomeness of the trams.
 
But, indeed, terrible cutscenes are terrible, right? And, there's no creative use?

Just not for me, sorry. I put GT5 on to drive, not sit around watching this stuff. Call me strange. :guilty:
 
Back