B-Spec: AI Pits On Lap 1?

• Thread starter Falcon787B
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
London
JohnsonCapote
So I'm revisiting Gran Turismo 5 for the first time really since 2012, mostly playing the A-Spec mode (and licenses/special events etc) on my Twitch, and simming the B-Spec events off-stream. And today I've come across a baffling bug!

So I'm running the Dream Car Championship, with my Level 22 Bob (at the start of the championship) and a max-tuned Mazda Furai Concept. And while the first two races were pretty competitive with the Jaguar XJR-9, from Race 3 onwards it's been plain sailing. Why? Because in every race since then, the ENTIRE field has pitted in at the end of the first lap!

HUH?! :confused::confused::confused:

Additionally, the AI have seemed pretty off the pace on the first lap of these races. So between that and the first-lap pitstop, my Bob has been gifted the best part of a MINUTE lead by halfway round the second lap! That to me would point to the bug being something to do with AI tire choices - maybe they start each race on the wrong tires? Doubly weird given every race in the championship which could've had changeable conditions - Round 2 at Monza, Round 4 at La Sarthe and Round 5 at Nordschliefe - have all been dry. Not a drop of rain. And Round 3, where this bug started, was at Tokyo R246 - which I'm pretty sure isn't even a track where changeable conditions could be a thing?!

I mean, not that I or my hapless Bob are complaining, it's been the easiest championship win ever! But I am still pretty baffled - why is this happening? Is this a known bug? I don't remember encountering it when I played this game previously?

If you check the replay, is it possible to see what tyres the competition are using? I don’t remember this bug either, but it’s been almost a decade since I played this game 😅

If you check the replay, is it possible to see what tyres the competition are using? I don’t remember this bug either, but it’s been almost a decade since I played this game 😅
Good question! Didn't think to check the replay, but in B-Spec mode I could view the other cars and it showed their fuel and tires, and even on the first lap they were running Racing Hards, so... xD

Back