B-Spec: Annoyance or Enjoyment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter masterrawad
  • 41 comments
  • 3,865 views

Is B-Spec an Annoyance or is it Enjoyable?

  • Annoyance!

    Votes: 51 56.7%
  • Enjoyable!

    Votes: 39 43.3%

  • Total voters
    90
  • Poll closed .
Despite all those cons and flaws, it's just glorious to see your Bob battling for positions on his own - except for one or two 'overtake' commands - after having to deal with a stupid Bob until, like, level 30.
 
Pros : You actually win a car and or ticket, also the easiest way to find a X2010.
Cons : Lack of AI, redundancies.

I actually like to watch races and play a former Jean Todt but unlike other games there is a lack of incentives for playing this mode. Its like there is no plus value at grinding up the level.
 
I despise it with passion - if we're talking about Gran Turismo 5. I never really understood why they didn't keep it optional or the fact that they dedicated an entire career mode to it. But on the otherhand, every aspect of the career mode seems like a complete afterthought.

It is optional.
 
I find B-spec awesome, mainly because I dont want to do all of those events myself or I dont have time for them. The endurance races are a nice way to break the cars in as well.
 
After reaching the high 30s EXP in A spec I tried B spec and quickly enjoyed it. I used to listen to the radio while controlling the races, even some of the Enduro,s saw me sitting through most of the race, while browsing the internet, reading washing up or whatever. The money was nice but choosing the car, set up tyres and pit stops became enthralling for me. I got to level 40 and have a couple of Enduro's to run still, one day when I'm too idle to drive myself, I'll do them too.

I also found it a good way to check car set ups with a driver of 'fixed'* ability.

* Yes I know but, after tuning, if I found the car fast and two of my Bobs found the car fast then I assumed that set up was a good 'un.
 
It's good, but I don't like the babysitting. It's not like a real team manager has to tell the driver how to drive every 10 seconds... I mean come on, I'm supposed to be the driver's manager, not his wife...

If they fix that, and let me team up with my drivers for the A-spec endurances, it would be fantastic.

Yes, the constant orders get really frustrating. The Gran Turismo 4 method where you just moved between 1 (very slow) and 5 (very fast) to adjust speed and toggled whether you wanted the driver to overtake was better and more realistic (listen to the team radio during an F1 race, they get orders about how fast they should go and whether they should overtake AND how long for); why they didn't keep that we'll probably never know.
 
I like b-spec :)

Only thing that is messed up, are the own bobs falling a sleep, if you don't watch them.
 
Although your drivers falling asleep and putting you in compromising situations (like 4 minutes down on the Audi R8 at Le Mans) and the Tyre manager screwing you over if it stops raining by going from Intermeadiates to Hards instead of Mediums, it does have it's enjoyable and tense moments (like trying to make up 3 minutes on the lead R8 at Le Mans in pure dry conditions).
I would say the endurance races are enjoyably in B-Spec, as well as some of the Extreme races.
 
B-spec is a nice addition and does not take away from the rest of the experience.
 
Back