[B-Spec] Grand Prix Simulations (3 Spots Open)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 13 comments
GTP_Royalton
------------------------

Sff5OH2.png

---------------------

What is Grand Prix Simulations?

Instead of driving the cars yourself, you serve the role of team manager. Build your car, paint your cars, hire drivers, choose race strategy, and setup your cars for optimum speed to win races. This B-Spec series uses the PC racing simulator rFactor as it's base with the FSOne 2008 mod. Each race will be broadcast live on twitch.tv/alphicah in 1080p @60fps.

Schedule
Yxl9dEL.jpg

How do I sign up?

#1 - Enter Team & Car Information Here
> Link <

Driver List
> Link <

Driver Stats
Speed = Base speed potential of a driver.
Consistency = How often a driver exceeds or falls below his base speed potential.
Aggression = How daring a driver is in attempting passes
Conservation = How well a driver takes care of the car's tires
Finesse = How good a driver is with the brakes

#2 - Download the Template that corresponds to the car you chose Here. Helmet and racing suit templates are here also.
> Download <

T-Cam Template
> Download <

Full Mod (if you haverFactor)
> Download <

#3 - Read the Rules
Points Payout for finishing position
  1. 10
  2. 7
  3. 6
  4. 5
  5. 4
  6. 3
  7. 2
  8. 1
Championships
  1. There will be a driver championship and a team Championship
  2. Notice that human error (entering wrong setup data,strategy, etc) or bugs in the software might cause undesirable results to certain cars. Races will only be restarted if human error or a bug is considered completely race breaking, otherwise such unfortunate events will be considered random failures.
  3. In order for the championship to begin, a minimum of 8 teams is required to be on the grid at Melbourne, with a maximum of 11.

Livery Rules
  1. Team cars must be identical outside of small differences such as different colored mirrors or wings, like you would find on a F1 team car.
  2. Numbers are not required.
  3. No tobacco or similar substance as a sponsor
  4. Nothing offensive or intentionally unprofessional

Pit Stop Strategies
  1. Teams may only choose 1, 2, or 3 pit stops for each of their cars.
  2. Teams may choose soft, medium, or hard tires. The same tire compound must be used for all pitstops in a race. For example you cannot choose soft tires for your first stop and medium tires for your second. You must use soft tires for every stop.
  3. Team cars are not allowed to pit on the same lap.
Reliability
  1. Teams may choose the reliability for their cars for each Grand Prix.
  2. This must be chosen before the deadline for race setups and race strategy.

Engines
  1. Teams will be supplied with 3engines.
  2. The engines will have varying degrees of performance.
  3. Each engine will last a maximum of 8 races.

Penalties for in race Contact
  1. A driver who is responsible for avoidable contact that damages another car or causes it to lose a significant amount of time will be given a 5 place grid penalty at the next Grand Prix.
  2. If the same driver commits an avoidable contact penalty for a second time he will be rewarded with a 10 place grid penalty at the next Grand Prix.
  3. If the same driver commits the penalty for a third time, he will start the next race last.
  4. If such a penalty occurs in the final race, a 10 second post race penalty will be given for the first offense, 25 seconds for the second, and 45 seconds for the third.

Cheating

1. Sharing setup data, strategy, etc results in immediate removal from GPS

#4 - Take the Engineer Test (Coming Soon)

Race Weekend Format
-Friday-
6:00 am GMT
60 minute Practice Session

-Saturday-
6:00 am GMT
60 Minute Qualifying Session

-Sunday-
3:00 pm GMT
300km Race

@aarror
@CinnamonOD
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@Gerarghini
@GTRacer22
@Eh Team
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@MadFlavour
@MisterWaffles
@Nuschel01
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Spacegoat
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
Nice, thanks for the quick reply!

Anyone willing to help me with the car‘s paintjob? :D I think I can get the suit done by myself somehow and maybe I can find some helmets already done, but the car livery is beyond my skills.

lvueAXQ.png

Will Mercedes' Rumored 1,000 HP Motor Power a Team to a World Title?
12/16/2020

While it's been no secret that Mercedes has built this season's most powerful power unit, what is shocking is the numbers that have gotten out about it's pure power. The number 1,000 has been swirling around for a few days now, with several reliable sources willing to back it up. What's more, this power is said to be available even in racing conditions, and not a simple one off 'party mode' to be used in qualifying. Because of the tremendous downforce and drag created by the cars it's estimated top speeds will 'only' be in the 350kph range on the fastest tracks.

Each engine will have to last 8 races per GPS technical regulations. If Mercedes has produced an engine this powerful, with this much longevity it will surely be hailed as one of the great automotive feats of our time. It also ensures GPS will continue to provide thrilling on track excitement by showcasing the fastest, most dramatic racing vehicles on the planet. Not only will the cars look great, fans can rest assured that they will sound great too while redlining at 18,000 RPM. What's more, each engine will have it's own unique sound signature fans will no doubt delight in picking out and eventually choosing a favorite.

GPS plans to provide the greatest live entertainment in the world. The series is working diligently to have it all, glamour, danger, as well as visual and audio overload. The very best drivers from all over the world are signing up to drive for professional, top tier teams. Competition is guaranteed to be intense and close with rules finely tuned to ensure as much on track action as possible.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anyway I will have a livery design ready... I am still moving boxes around my house, so setting up my PC has not happened yet and unlikely before next week!

Back