B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Not sure if this is a bug, or a feature ;)

In Manage Drivers, I have three drivers in Always Use, with my primary account driver as #1. I assumed the driver reservations would be prioritized by the order of this list. There are no drivers in the Use Randomly/Reciprocate category.

However, only three of my primary account drivers get reserved, it appears my top-of-the list friend is always getting reserved last. My other two friends (#2 and #3 in the list) always fill in 12 drivers before my top one goes... Is this as expected?

This new 2.0 version is the bees knees, the cat's meow, like an endless supply of cooked to perfection bacon...

Many thanks!👍👍👍

Is this function failing for anyone else? I've tried the UK code (24026) and the Singapore code (116611) and neither are working.

I'm in the UK too and was using the UK code for Circuit De La Sarthe on the UK server and it kept loading Leguna Seca. I switched to the Singapore server and used 116611. Circuit De La Sarthe loaded right away.

It might be a coincidence that it chose that, so I shall report back as soon as this race ends.

Edit: It's still randomly selecting from all races.

Last edited:
this tread is starting to get really funny!!
No. This thread is getting borderline abusive.

Drop the name calling and attitudes as I'm positive none of you wants this thread closed nor do you want to receive PM's from the staff should this continue.

Thanks.

Do you have to put in the race id in every time? It only does it once for me.

That would defeat the purpose of the grinder, it being automated an' all.

There does seem to be an issue with something, somewhere though as the race ID function doesn't appear to work for everyone.

Not that I'm complaining, mind; the race select feature is an added bonus. The fact that everything else works and is freaking awesome, is sweet.

Thanks Yonis.

Do you have to put in the race id in every time? It only does it once for me.

It started Circuit de la Sarth since 4h hours or so now for me. And only put it in once.

EDIT: You can add my second account Martix2k10 it starts sometimes with not a full grid.

Last edited:
As yonis described..
preferences.preferredRace.value = id -> in the debug window -> enter -> perfect :)

Having an issue with 2.0. When going to manage drivers selection, it shows my drivers, but the bar on the right where it's supposed to show all my friends and such, it shows their country flags, but not their names, also the "save"/"cancel" button text is missing. Also the "Widget" part, that shows logging in, racing, ect. Doesn't show anything besides what it did before. It doesn't show how many laps in, money earned, ect.

Tried removing the widget, restarting the widgets, as well as yahoo widgets, ect. Nothing seems to be working.

Edit: Uninstalled yahoo widgets along with the auto grinder. Restarted computer, reinstalled yahoo widgets, along with auto-grinder...getting the same thing

Windows 7 X64 Bit Home Premium-If that helps any.

Last edited:
I did a search and this thread said Shift + Ctrl + Right Click on the Widget taskbar to bring up the debug window. It's not working for me. Any ideas?

I did a search and this thread said Shift + Ctrl + Right Click on the Widget taskbar to bring up the debug window. It's not working for me. Any ideas?
Sounds correct to me:
  • Close the grinder
  • Leave the Yahoo Widget running
  • Hold CTRL + Shift then right-click the Yahoo Widget taskbar icon
    15872017.jpg
  • Select 'Debug Mode'
  • Start the grinder

Has anyone tried the 2.0 on the Mac? I couldn't get the previous one working but I think my problem was more with the yahoo widget application than the grinder.

Has anyone tried the 2.0 on the Mac? I couldn't get the previous one working but I think my problem was more with the yahoo widget application than the grinder.

Working fine for me on a Mac. Except to get debug mode, control-shift and click on the gear in the menu bar on top of the screen, then click Debug Mode.

I have no idea if this is true, I'll have to verify with another PC, but running Yahoo Widgets "As Administrator" in Windows 7 really speeds this thing up and seems to solve a few hiccups.

Also, the new Reciprocate feature is working awesome!

In the v2.0 is it posible to have more than 4 Bobs racing?? thinking full runing Bobs :-)

It's striking to me that it often fails to reserve new drivers after the server refused it and is only running with 10/16 drivers or something.

It has always been possible to have all 6 Bob's racing with all versions of the grinder.

I was thinking my friends Bobs, not mine own, thats up to my friends to race with my availeble Bobs.....So the race have more than 4-5 Bobs racing

Back