B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
I can't repeat enough how great this widget is! 👍

Does anyone have any insight to why the race logs show this messages:
'Server refused to reserve xxxxxx's driver even though it said it was free.'

Is it because someone else is using xxxxxx's drivers for remote racing already and the gran-turismo website isn't up to date?

I use my GTP PSN username to mule my Bspec Bob's in my primary account. Yesterday, I got the 'Server refused...' message about my drivers more often than not. Today, I'm getting that message for my other GT5 PSN friends.

I have about 80 b-spec drivers to choose from and sometimes widget doesn't race a full grid. I'm using 2 concurrent threads w/ 5 sec delay.

Any thoughts on 'Server refused ...'?

Er, why don't you put some effort in and do it - or at least some of it - yourself !!
The GT.com country-specific sites are available to everyone and thus so are the codes.

On top of that, use something like google docs so it could be shared/edited by all.

I can't repeat enough how great this widget is! 👍

Does anyone have any insight to why the race logs show this messages:
'Server refused to reserve xxxxxx's driver even though it said it was free.'

Is it because someone else is using xxxxxx's drivers for remote racing already and the gran-turismo website isn't up to date?

I use my GTP PSN username to mule my Bspec Bob's in my primary account. Yesterday, I got the 'Server refused...' message about my drivers more often than not. Today, I'm getting that message for my other GT5 PSN friends.

I have about 80 b-spec drivers to choose from and sometimes widget doesn't race a full grid. I'm using 2 concurrent threads w/ 5 sec delay.

Any thoughts on 'Server refused ...'?

Try increasing the delay. I noticed that longer delays seem to more reliably fill the grid. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but it seems to work that way for me.

this thing has been running non stop for me for the last ~11 hours or so with between 23 and 25 minutes between races starting. after glancing over the logs, it looks like it's been running full grids the whole time.

widget is logged into singapore.

i'm logged into the g-t website through singapore.

i'm running 3 threads/3 seconds.

absolutely wonderful results.

Hi yonis. How often is it transfer money from widget to my PS3?

I suppose the credits readout in the upper right gives the false impression that the credits are automatically transferred to your PS3. That's actually the grand total of all the credits that are available for you. So that includes the amount that's on your PS3, as well as the amount that all your drivers have available for receiving.

Also, even though the game has a 20,000,000 Cr. limit, you can have more money than that stored online. So the total amount can go over 20 million.

I have no idea what happened. I closed my laptop while running the grinder and now the widget won't connect to the internet. I can still access the preferences menu, but it won't do anything. Any suggestions.

I have no idea what happened. I closed my laptop while running the grinder and now the widget won't connect to the internet. I can still access the preferences menu, but it won't do anything. Any suggestions.

You did try to restart your machine completely right? =)

im having probs with the widget. it reserves drivers but only uses 1 out of the 5 i have. it then starts the race but ends immediatley. it does this over and over again. i have it set in preferences to singapore but still no joy. i've used the grinder widget on page 1: is this the latest ?
any suggestions would be great

im having probs with the widget. it reserves drivers but only uses 1 out of the 5 i have. it then starts the race but ends immediatley. it does this over and over again. i have it set in preferences to singapore but still no joy. i've used the grinder widget on page 1: is this the latest ?
any suggestions would be great

Are you reffering to the readout displayed on the widget?

"1/6 DRIVERS IN USE" ?

It's often incorrect.. when i log into the GT5 home (official page)..logs out - then logs in again (to get latest info)... then i can see that all my drivers are driving... i may be wrong.

Are you reffering to the readout displayed on the widget?

"1/6 DRIVERS IN USE" ?

It's often incorrect.. when i log into the GT5 home (official page)..logs out - then logs in again (to get latest info)... then i can see that all my drivers are driving... i may be wrong.

it wont start races and host any remotely

Is there a direct or indirect way to set b-spec grinder so that it will keep your drivers from being available to others so you can pull them offline quick, redeem their rewards, and put them back online?

Even if that means you can do it with only a couple drivers at a time, that would be great, thanks.

it wont start races and host any remotely
Increase the driver reservation delay and reduce the number of threads.
Is there a direct or indirect way to set b-spec grinder so that it will keep your drivers from being available to others so you can pull them offline quick, redeem their rewards, and put them back online?

Even if that means you can do it with only a couple drivers at a time, that would be great, thanks.
There's no API on the site for pulling drivers offline. You need to do it from the PS3, sorry.

You did try to restart your machine completely right? =)

I restarted both my computer and my PS3. But the widget won't connect to anything. I have also tried uninstalling the widget, and then reinstalling it. Still nothing happening

Last edited:
I restarted both my computer and my PS3. But the widget won't connect to anything. I have also tried uninstalling the widget, and then reinstalling it. Still nothing happening
A firewall preference maybe?.. just guessing..

Increase the driver reservation delay and reduce the number of threads. If it's giving you a "can't find these servers" error, visit each URL in a web browser to let your computer know that those domains resolve.

Last edited:
I suppose the credits readout in the upper right gives the false impression that the credits are automatically transferred to your PS3. That's actually the grand total of all the credits that are available for you. So that includes the amount that's on your PS3, as well as the amount that all your drivers have available for receiving.

Also, even though the game has a 20,000,000 Cr. limit, you can have more money than that stored online. So the total amount can go over 20 million.

This is the completely logical way to tell when you need to transfer credits to your main account without going over 20M......👍

Yonis, I need to again compliment you on your Widget-ginder creation. It's a outstanding piece of work and helpful to us all.

Using a Mac, I have not gotten the La Sarthe track choice hooked in yet, but I really wonder about reaching a point where too many users and widgets are running on the same track, like La Sarthe, continuously and exclusively, to a degree whereby the folks at PD will make modifications. They shut down the big car trading, I hope they don't find reason to make more negative changes.

For myself, I am satisfied to let my widget run races as it selects, and collect winnings as they occur. Since I have all six of my Bobs running in each race, it adds up fairly fast. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I really wonder about reaching a point where too many users and widgets are running on the same track, like La Sarthe, continuously and exclusively, to a degree whereby the folks at PD will make modifications. They shut down the big car trading, I hope they don't find reason to make more negative changes.
This project has been going for a month and a half now, and I don't think they've taken any action to stop it. And as long as they continue to support Remote Race for browsers, it is going to be awfully difficult for them to shut out the Widget permanently.

I have been using the widget pretty actively but I have been noticing it will reserve the drivers then fail on the attempt to start the race. This is what the log usually looks like:
2011.03.30 21:57:50.949: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
2011.03.30 21:57:53.497: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)
2011.03.30 21:57:56.175: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 3)
2011.03.30 21:57:56.177: Could not successfully retrieve data! Will try reconnecting in 1 minute.
############################

--------------------------------------------
https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/api/gt5/remoterace/
job=7&replay_save=0&_=
Connection:close
Content-Length:971
Content-Type:text/html;charset=utf-8
Date:Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:57:53 GMT
Set-Cookie:JSESSIONID=8BB85BF3C15FF1C80FE1B1C031C68458.worker52; Expires=Thu, 07-Apr-2011 01:57:53 GMT; Path=/
Set-Cookie:JSESSIONID=8BB85BF3C15FF1C80FE1B1C031C68458.worker52; Expires=Thu, 07-Apr-2011 01:57:53 GMT; Path=/
Vary:Accept-Encoding
###########################
Could not load URL with POST

I have been very happy using it but recently I have been having to start the races up manually.

Back