B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Xenn
Gotta say, this newer version works like a charm! I like the options set for this, like choosing the length for events.

Thanks for this!

See my post in another thread. Working on a theory that shorter races may in fact seem to payout better.

Here is the error I am getting

Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 (build 10A50) on 02/25/11 07:38:51.015

Type '/help' for help.

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Documents and Settings\hx36660\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

Yonis, thanks again for your continued development of this app :)

I downloaded and started it up before I left for work - I'll report on the progress tonight. What I'm curious to see is if I run across any issues where the app seems to get stuck at the 'selecting drivers' state. Maybe a having a very small pool of drivers to select from increases the probability of this happening.

Thanks for the prompt replies and responses to the issues, and for creating the app. Yonis, you freakin rock. Add me on the PSN so I can hook your Bobs up!

STOP THE PRESS!

Been running some tests with ypmud this morning & have some fairly conclusive data that the 5min races payout more £/per min than the others.

5 min races over an hour paid out £112k (~£2k per min)
20 min races over 90 minutes paid out LESS overall £99k (£764 per min)

If you're running this bot & want to maximise what your buddies are getting run 5 min races! This has the added benefit of racing more of your buddies who will hopefully in return race you more.

Hi Konis, thanks for makin the wigdet, have downloaded it and open it up , but when i right click preferences to enter my address and password the is no where to enter it. also the races menu there is nothing there.

Please help.

Paul

Hey Yonis,

can you please add a line in your first post when you updated it ?

Keep racing :cheers:

I think there's a bug or I got a lot of Bob's! :)
capturerd.png

Madgasters
Hi Konis, thanks for makin the wigdet, have downloaded it and open it up , but when i right click preferences to enter my address and password the is no where to enter it. also the races menu there is nothing there.

Please help.

Paul

Hey Paul I take it you have yahoo widgets installed? If so you just need to run the widget & the user/password entry box appears. If u mistakenly entered incorrect details you can re-enter them by clicking the settings icon (looks like a cog) on the bot icon on your widget bar.

Hope that helps?

I think its great, but would be even better if we could choose the friends that we want to run and save it, to run those ones on all races.
Just an idea.

I would second that. It'd be nice to specify to always check one or two peoples driver list first to make sure they get lots of race time. My son and one of his friends have just got into this and most of the people on their friends list don't play GT5 so they're limited in race opportunities. I'd like to help them to build up some money fast by including them in all my remote races

Brilliant work yonis. Especially with the latest additions.

Great little app! 👍 Just installed it on my MacBook Pro (OSX), works fine so far.

Blue2moro
STOP THE PRESS!

Been running some tests with ypmud this morning & have some fairly conclusive data that the 5min races payout more £/per min than the others.

5 min races over an hour paid out £112k (~£2k per min)
20 min races over 90 minutes paid out LESS overall £99k (£764 per min)

If you're running this bot & want to maximise what your buddies are getting run 5 min races! This has the added benefit of racing more of your buddies who will hopefully in return race you more.

Forgot to say, these earnings were over my 6 drivers so around £20k per driver per hr

yonis, would it be possible to specify which of your drivers to use? I was just thinking that if you wanted to level one or two drivers up quickly it would be nice to be able to tell the widget to use them only

Hey Paul I take it you have yahoo widgets installed? If so you just need to run the widget & the user/password entry box appears. If u mistakenly entered incorrect details you can re-enter them by clicking the settings icon (looks like a cog) on the bot icon on your widget bar.

Hope that helps?

Working great now, my widget was out of date , did a up date and works fine

Thanks

Yahoo widget is open source as far as I know. Because I was able to "decompile" a previous version, read the java code and edit the code. Don't think u can hide malicious code for long as the widget gets more scrutini.
You can simply open the widget in a text editor and see what's in there (code, images, etc.) No hidden stuff. 👍

Call me paranoid, but no way am I putting my PSN ID and password into a random app! That is how accounts get hacked!

Of course, if you feel safe doing it, feel free.... :nervous:

Hi Enog - totally agree (I have a Masters in IT Security, so am ALWAYS paranoid!). That's why I've expanded this and analysed the code before I used it!

I'm not the best coder, but am satisfied that it only sends info to Playstation.com and Gran-Turismo.com, however, I would recommend that anyone else checks this out for themselves. There's plenty of information available on the web about how to read the code.

In any case, if you're not comfortable, definitely don't use it! 👍

Cheers,
Dog

Anyone having a little trouble with UK login currently? Switched to US for now and is working fine.

Code:
02/25/11 15:58:10.246: Data was as follows:
--------------------------------------------
URL: https://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/api/gt5/remoterace/
POST Data: job=6&_=
Response: ----------------------------------
Could not load URL with POST
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)

Call me paranoid, but no way am I putting my PSN ID and password into a random app! That is how accounts get hacked!

Of course, if you feel safe doing it, feel free.... :nervous:

Completely agree.

Now my plan.

1) Create a bogus e-mail, with minimal personal data and no other addresses.
2) Create a bogus PSN with the same.
3) Only add friends accounts that I want to grind.
4) Grind with that minum risk.

=> you are grinding you main accounts (the friends), without giving the access data to them!

==========================

Great app, now that I have it, delete the thread and make certain PD does not find out about it.

Thanks man running this while I'm at work!

The advantage is that you do not need to do something.

Typical day.

1) Start GT5, get it on remote screen.
2) Start Home PC, with grinding app
3) Go to work
4) Get back home, cash in on the benefits
5) Buy some cars you can not give as gift anymore

a lot easier then being too busy to start you races at work and having poor turnout (well 400k from 9-17 today is not that bad).

Back