B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand some of these errors that are happening in the UK API. I want to use the correct API for the appropriate account information. If you have any additional debug info, it would certainly help.

02/25/11 11:35:05.892: Could not successfully retrieve data! Will try reconnecting in 5 minutes.
02/25/11 11:35:05.893: Data was as follows:
--------------------------------------------
URL: https://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/api/gt5/remoterace/
POST Data: job=7&replay_save=0&_=
Response: ----------------------------------
Could not load URL with POST
02/25/11 11:35:07.607: Command hasn't gone through. Try it again.

thats what i get when it loads the UK settings :(
Anyone having a little trouble with UK login currently? Switched to US for now and is working fine.

Code:
02/25/11 15:58:10.246: Data was as follows:
POST Data: job=6&_=
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
That is the result of the server not sending JSON. I'm trying to work around it. Does the Widget wait for five minutes and then proceed as normal, or does it stop?

I'm getting error: JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)

Brilliant idea though, thanks for making it. đź‘Ť

EDIT: Changed to US account and works perfectly!
Do you know which stage the Widget was at when it had that error? Do you have more debug information?

Here is the error I am getting

Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 (build 10A50) on 02/25/11 07:38:51.015

Type '/help' for help.

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Documents and Settings\hx36660\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
I had this happen too but I don't know what causes it. Reloading should do the trick. If you have any information regarding how it happened, it'd be helpful.

I think there's a bug or I got a lot of Bob's! :)
capturerd.png
Pretty sure that's a result of me fetching your profile more than once by mistake; I'll take a look.

Hi Konis, thanks for makin the wigdet, have downloaded it and open it up , but when i right click preferences to enter my address and password the is no where to enter it. also the races menu there is nothing there.

Please help.

Paul
Can I see a screenshot of the Preferences dialog? Are you running Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2?

how do you select race length?
Right-click the Widget, select "Widget PreferencesÂ…", and under the Race tab, select what race length you want to use in the "Race On" menu.

Can anyone clarify what the 'x/x drivers used' means? I'd assumed it was how many of your online drivers had participated in races since you started up the app, but in my last race it was at 5/5, now it's down to 2/5.

Can anyone clarify what the 'x/x drivers used' means? I'd assumed it was how many of your online drivers had participated in races since you started up the app, but in my last race it was at 5/5, now it's down to 2/5.

i think they are your own drivers participating in other races.

Do you know which stage the Widget was at when it had that error? Do you have more debug information?
I had this happen to me to occasionally, but at line 66. I figured it was just the server being busy or not generating a response (EU website appears *very* busy at times, and PD's own webclient fails to load sometimes too). Reload the widget and it's gone.

I'm getting large amounts of errors on the UK server too. :indiff: Oh well, at least it can help me beef up my error handling code.

Until I can fix it, just use the US server for now.

So if I log out of sever mode on the PS3, play Aspec then put it back In server mode. Will it auto start a race as long as the widget was left on?

So if I log out of sever mode on the PS3, play Aspec then put it back In server mode. Will it auto start a race as long as the widget was left on?
The Widget will detect that your PS3 has gone offline and the status will change to "CLICK TO RECONNECT". Click the text once you've restarted the Remote Race server mode, and you'll be good to go.

That is the result of the server not sending JSON. I'm trying to work around it. Does the Widget wait for five minutes and then proceed as normal, or does it stop?

It didn't but I can't remember how long I left it. I think it was left for a while at least. I've since restarted it due to changing domains so the log is clean.

Yonis,

Getting this error when running short races only. Then once the error comes up it will only do the same race over and over. It will not choose one of the other short races.

TypeError: urlObj.result has no properties (Status.js: Line 66)

Edit: Now I am getting the error no matter what the race setting

02/25/11 13:20:39.428: RAW STATUS: Racing.

I also seem to be getting stuck on Selecting Drivers after its been running for a bit but with no errors kicking out

Last edited:
Does anyone know if those who added you when you're using this widget, will have their drivers added in later? Cause I've had several people add me, and their drivers haven't raced yet :S

Last edited:
That is correct, and would also be the case when using the GT website. They will not appear unless you sign out of GT5 and PSN (on your PS3), then sign back in and start the game again. After a while (usually not right away), they will appear on the GT website (and in this app).

Does anyone know if those who added you when you're using this widget, will have their drivers added in later? Cause I've had several people add me, and their drivers haven't raced yet :S

Just so you know, it can take awhile before information is updated. I've waited as long as 15-20 hours before someone I added as a friend was accessible as a remote racing friend on the webpage (which of course has nothing to do with the widget but is a delay on the GT5 server end).

yonis
I'm getting large amounts of errors on the UK server too. :indiff: Oh well, at least it can help me beef up my error handling code.

Until I can fix it, just use the US server for now.

I've just run 12 short races with the widget set to UK with no errors at all. The console just read race started on each new line for 12 lines.

Yoni,
My error was trying to use the widget for the first time. I had entered my username and password, race length long and number of reserve drivers 1. Hit race and that is all the information I got. Here is the error I am getting

Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 (build 10A50) on 02/25/11 07:38:51.015

Type '/help' for help.

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Documents and Settings\hx36660\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter

Yoni,
My error was trying to use the widget for the first time. I had entered my username and password, race length long and number of reserve drivers 1. Hit race and that is all the information I got.
Got it, I'll reset my settings so I'm getting the first-run experience. Thanks.

This is the log ive got for the past 5 hours or so...

settings are:
events: random
server: UK
Free drivers: at least 1

Log:
Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 (build 10A50) on 02/25/11 14:45:53.605

Type '/help' for help.

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Users\dell\Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
02/25/11 14:45:58.119: RAW STATUS: Ready.
02/25/11 14:48:17.256: Race has started.
02/25/11 15:04:28.072: Race has started.
02/25/11 15:31:17.202: Race has started.
02/25/11 15:33:36.410: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
02/25/11 15:55:15.689: Race has started.
02/25/11 16:15:06.039: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
02/25/11 16:15:06.156: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)
02/25/11 16:15:06.252: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 3)
02/25/11 16:15:06.254: Could not successfully retrieve data! Will try reconnecting in 5 minutes.
02/25/11 16:15:06.256: Data was as follows:
POST Data: job=8&online_id=T3mpu5_Fu91t&user_number=4452947&bspec_monitor_id=98242&_=
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
02/25/11 16:20:07.089: RAW STATUS: Ready.
02/25/11 16:22:45.906: Race has started.
02/25/11 16:33:24.860: Race has started.
02/25/11 16:44:13.335: Race has started.
02/25/11 16:56:42.535: Race has started.
02/25/11 17:08:12.924: Race has started.
02/25/11 17:19:11.592: Race has started.
02/25/11 17:31:11.594: Race has started.
02/25/11 17:47:51.488: Race has started.
02/25/11 18:15:13.721: Race has started.
02/25/11 18:42:25.358: Race has started.
02/25/11 19:11:49.097: Race has started.
02/25/11 19:29:51.001: Race has started.

Widget still going and working fine...

Hope this helps the development.

I'm new to this remote race thing. I just downloaded this widget. Does the PS3 have to be running while this widget does it's thing? Someone give a simple explanation or link me to somewhere that does please =/ If this works, I will love you forever... Maybe xD

Back