B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Was NOT working fine this morning until I manually started a race via Gran-Turismo.com. I also logged into the ps store from the same machine, which may also have shaken it loose.

Before that the widget tried repeatedly to start up a race, and it failed every time.

It keeps cycling between "Loading race events", "starting race", and within less than 30 seconds it goes "Race Ended" and starts over.

What on earth is happening?

That was happening to me aswell.

I had this happened once before as well. Running one race manually from gran-turismo.com seemed to have fixed the issue for me.

Fixed it by doing this. Cheers for the help.
Awesome little ap this is :)

The temporary server issue seems connected to what country is chosen in the widget.
I changed to UK and it started a race right away, which didn't happen one single time when Sweden was selected.

During the race it started above it now bailed out with "TEMPORARY SERVER ISSUE".

I'll report back if it's starting a second race or not when the current is finished.

'TEMPORARY SERVER ISSUE' error recieved again here too in middle of night. v.1.1.3

Edit:
11am GMT
Still receiving same error, widget currently unusable.
GT.com web site use perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Keep getting "temporary server issue" too although the net connection I'm using during the week isn't that stable so will see how it is at home this evening over the weekend.

Brilliant app though! I've made 1.2million since yesterday when I fired it up at lunch-time and it hasn't even been running constantly apart from a good run during the night.

It worked first time I installed it but now trying today and it keeps telling me my Login Credentials are incorrect. They are not.

Are you using v.1.1.3 ? This particular issue was fixed.

No I wasn't, I just downloaded it and it then logged in ok but then got stuck at connecting to PS3 for ages then asked me to reconnect and it's just stuck on 'Reconnecting...' now.

No I wasn't, I just downloaded it and it then logged in ok but then got stuck at connecting to PS3 for ages then asked me to reconnect and it's just stuck on 'Reconnecting...' now.

All I can suggest is to try 'reload' (if you have the debug window running) or quit and restart it.
This version is almost always connecting and running OK, but the main problem people seem to be experiencing is the 'Temporary Server Issue' when a new race is due to start.

All I can suggest is to try 'reload' (if you have the debug window running) or quit and restart it.
This version is almost always connecting and running OK, but the main problem people seem to be experiencing is the 'Temporary Server Issue' when a new race is due to start.

I've tried closing and reopening but every time all I get is what I've already posted and this in the Debug:

03/11/11 12:08:13.204: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:08:33.395: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:08:53.575: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:09:14.179: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:09:34.660: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:09:55.331: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:10:15.540: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:10:36.226: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:10:56.456: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
03/11/11 12:10:56.485: Resetting state. Waiting for user interaction. Will reauthenticate.

I've tried closing and reopening but every time all I get is what I've already posted and this in the Debug:

03/11/11 12:08:13.204: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.

Your GT5 is definitely in 'server mode' ?

If so I'm guessing it's a Sony network issue as the widget clearly cannot connect to your PS3/GT5.

This widget has stopped working in the UK since the 1.08 update. GT have changed the online B-spec races so that there are 20 min only races (removing the 5 and 10 mins).

After 8 hours of uninterrupted remote racing from my work computer yesterday, I came home and had problems from my home computer with temporary server issues...still ran about 15 races overnight....I suspect there's a router conflict when running remote from a computer using the same ISP address as the PS3....

Still running with v1.1.3 since 9pm yesterday. No bug at all.

Flawless! Awesome job Yonis!

Can't wait for the update :)

This widget has stopped working in the UK since the 1.08 update. GT have changed the online B-spec races so that there are 20 min only races (removing the 5 and 10 mins).

It is working fine for me. Also in the UK.

Last edited:
Hi,

Firstly can I say this is an awesome app and has run races without a hicup all day.

I am running races from a second account on my ps3. I only have 2 friends on this account. (my main account and a friend of mine)

I am running all 6 Bobs from both friends, however every other race it misses the Bobs from my main account. and only runs my friends Bobs.

Is there any thing I can do about this?

capturedim.png

Why does it say "03/11/11 15:59:30.391: All your drivers are racing elsewhere!" when it's not true?

I just can't get 1.1.3 to work. :(

hmm, it's been on for 4 hours now, first it was stuck on reserving drivers, when i restarted it was worked fine, and still is working

v.1.1.3 has worked for 3 races for me now! (touch wood)
From UK, on UK servers.

Although I've just noticed that in the latest race it has only chosen 6 drivers (including myself) from 10 friends and all 5 drivers, other than myself, are from one friend!

I'm having the problem that many of you are describing now, which is that the Widget is unable to begin a race. Comcast has been spotty all morning.

While I was having the problem with the Widget, I checked Polyphony's official Remote Race page via my browser, and it wasn't showing me the UI that allowed me to select drivers.

CantSelectDrivers.png

Checked again, and it showed the UI, but when I clicked to get a list of drivers, it displayed an empty list.

CantSeeList.png

Checked my PS3, and it was not signed into the PlayStation Network.

NotOnline.jpg

Signed back in, reloaded the Remote Race mode on the PS3, and now I can see all my friends in the list again. Restarted the Widget, and after waiting for my drivers to free up (which I verified through the official site), it's now running races.

For those of you who are having problems with this Widget, is your PS3 connected to the Internet via a weak Wi-Fi connection? That may very well explain the problems you're having...

i'm fairly certain my widget was running races all night long, but i'll get on the PS3 and check the log here in a few. gran-turismo.com is only showing log from 23 hours ago and older.....

edit: the g-t website has updated. appears that my widget was running races all night long.

Last edited:
I still have the same problem which isn't ps3 related, I have downloaded and have working yahoo widgets, when I dl the zip, no matter where I save it to, or if I just try to open in/extract it it says application not found.

It also saves iconless, or should I say with that mystery icon instead of a normal folder or something. Could it be my default zip file.

For those of you who are having problems with this Widget, is your PS3 connected to the Internet via a weak Wi-Fi connection? That may very well explain the problems you're having...

No. Singed in on an excellent using a very good, very stable connection.
'TEMPORARY SERVER ISSUE' still remains.

Back