B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
since the widget knows who has locked a driver, maybe there could be a setting to use all of a PSN's drivers if 1 driver has been locked by its own account (so it would use 5 out of 5 rather than just 4)?

note: I've reverted back to beta2, I can't get the current version to start a race even with the max delay.

Any ideas why "Server refused to reserve ________ driver even though it said it was free."?
Code:
irishkpo raced you 15 time(s).  Reciprocating...
  bluM82A1M raced you 10 time(s).  Reciprocating...
  dardoonk raced you 5 time(s).  Reciprocating...
  Server refused to reserve watto_cobra's driver even though it said it was free.
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: irishkpo  Name: P.O'Neill
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: H.Kawashima
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: G.Galindo
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: N.Oneill
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: R.Martini
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: N.Koyama
  Server refused to reserve irishkpo's driver even though it said it was free.
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: M.Owen
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: R.Bradshaw
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: G.Arena
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: C.Crawford
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: R.Harris
  Server refused to reserve dardoonk's driver even though it said it was free.
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: zedfonsie  Name: F.Alonso
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: GTP_sausages  Name: Z.Lynch

Any ideas why "Server refused to reserve ________ driver even though it said it was free."?
Code:
irishkpo raced you 15 time(s).  Reciprocating...
  bluM82A1M raced you 10 time(s).  Reciprocating...
  dardoonk raced you 5 time(s).  Reciprocating...
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: irishkpo  Name: P.O'Neill
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: H.Kawashima
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: G.Galindo
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: N.Oneill
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: R.Martini
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: bluM82A1M  Name: N.Koyama
  Server refused to reserve irishkpo's driver even though it said it was free.
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: M.Owen
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: R.Bradshaw
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: G.Arena
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: C.Crawford
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: dardoonk  Name: R.Harris
  Server refused to reserve dardoonk's driver even though it said it was free.
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: zedfonsie  Name: F.Alonso
    Reserving a friend's driver.  PSN: GTP_sausages  Name: Z.Lynch

yonis said he's not even sure he'll be able to figure that one out....

I tried to enter the preferred race and got this message:

TypeError: preferences.preferredRace has no properties
Script execution failed

Any suggestions?

SP

i got the same thing once or twice. entered the same exact thing a couple minutes later and it worked perfectly.

Played now some hours with the tool & it works great. Thanks yonis. :dopey:👍

sfchsi.jpg

I also tested the debug mode & running now La Sarthe in a row. Works fine.

"For a list of events that the Widget knows about, after starting a race, type JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events).replace(/\},\{/g,"\n") in the debug window."

"To save a race as preference: preferences.preferredRace.value = Race ID Here! -> in the debug window -> enter"

The code for La Sarthe in germany is 24106. And here is the complete list (you can figure yourself out which one is what if you like to run other tracks :)):

zwischenablage01fs.jpg

Last edited:
keep getting

03/26/11 21:20:11.581: Command hasn't gone through. Trying again...

when it tries to start a race... any idea what i need to do? and what does the 'Concurrent Threads' option do?

keep getting

when it tries to start a race... any idea what i need to do? and what does the 'Concurrent Threads' option do?

Try changing countries in the widget or just let it try again. It happens.

From the first post (please read it thoroughly):
Concurrent Threads: Dictates how many web requests will run simultaneously. More threads mean faster performance.
Driver Reservation Delay: Specifies how long the Widget should wait before it tries to reserve drivers.

since the widget knows who has locked a driver, maybe there could be a setting to use all of a PSN's drivers if 1 driver has been locked by its own account (so it would use 5 out of 5 rather than just 4)?

note: I've reverted back to beta2, I can't get the current version to start a race even with the max delay.
That's a good idea. Noted.

Beta 2 and this version are identical for starting races. I don't know why Beta 2 would work better...

The server said that a driver wasn't used by anyone. The Widget tried to reserve it, and was sent an error. That's why that line keeps appearing.

I can suppress the error, but I'm trying to raise awareness that I can't do a lot about some of these problems. :indiff:
I tried to enter the preferred race and got this message:

TypeError: preferences.preferredRace has no properties
Script execution failed

Any suggestions?

SP
You have to enter the code exactly as specified. If the race ID is 5569, you need to enter preferences.preferredRace.value = 5569; Try reloading the Widget and entering it again if you entered it incorrectly.

That's a good idea. Noted.

Beta 2 and this version are identical for starting races. I don't know why Beta 2 would work better...
Beta 2 has started every race perfectly (16 for 16 from the right drivers, etc), I'll switch back to 2.0 and see how it goes. No settings should need to be changed between loading the different versions, correct?

I've finally upgraded from 0.9.1 to 2.0 and all I can say is outstanding work, yonis. :eek:👍

Hey guys just want to say that I've been using the 2.0 all day today while setted to le sarthe and it has not given any problem, except the odd temporary server issues but all in its a blast mate

Thanx!!!!!!

The widget is working perfect now. V 1.1.3 always kept stalling (temp server issues). Have run 10 races around La Sarthe in a row, reciprocating to my friends that helped me get to level 40.

Well done yonis :)

Do I put preferences.preferredRace.value = 5569, or preferences.preferredRace.value=5569? Because the first one won't work.

Shouldn't matter.

What do you see when you put in JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events).replace(/\},\{/g,"\n") ?

it doesn't work for the first race, because it's already started loading by the time you enter it. i've been running non-stop sarthe for quite a while now. also, make sure you have the trailing semi-colon.

I'm using: 'preferences.preferredRace.value = 5569;'

I finally decided to get on board with everyone and try out this widget and so far so good. I can't believe I've been doing it manually this whole time lol! Thank you Yonis for putting this together. It saves soooo much time.

First race loaded up La Sarthe just like it was supposed to. Hopefully next race will be the same after entering the preference

Update: 3 races in a row now with full grid. This widget is cool :)

Last edited:
keep getting

I had this error multiple times as well, turned out there was a glitch on the PS3 and just had to restart the remote race screen and it went away. I think it was caused by changing the country back and forth and caused a communication issue with my PS3. Works perfectly now, Thanks Yonis!!

one thing i have found is if you set the driver reservation delay to 0 you will fail to fill all the slots but if you set it to 1 i am finding all the slots are getting filled every time has anyone else noticed that ?

Is it possible for the widget to detect whether a friend is online/offline? If a friend is offline then the widget could use all drivers safely in the knowledge you're not stopping that person from running their own remote race.

Back