B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
You have to enter the code exactly as specified.

I copied/pasted from page one of this thread and from your message between which time I stopped and reloaded the widget a few times. Still no good. There is only one version of the latest widget 2.0, right?

Let me be entirely noobish: I copied the command just as you indicated. I pasted it into the blank line underneath the word Evaluate: and then since there is no enter button, I simply hit enter on my keypad. I got the list of race IDs command to work with this method so I am pretty certain I am doing things correctly.

Edit: I downloaded the widget again and now I see that the widget I just got has a different size and date from the version I was running. I guess I got the prerelease version of 2.0 and was still running it. I have now installed the newer 2.0 so let's see what happens.

Edit again: Presto! That was it.

Last edited:
I copied/pasted from page one of this thread and from your message between which time I stopped and reloaded the widget a few times. Still no good. There is only one version of the latest widget 2.0, right?

Remember to press ENTER after U copied the line into EVALUATE:

Let me be entirely noobish: I copied the command just as you indicated. I pasted it into the blank line underneath the word Evaluate: and then since there is no enter button, I simply hit enter on my keypad. I got the list of race IDs command to work with this method so I am pretty certain I am doing things correctly.

The command that gives the list should list only 1 race that has 5 laps. Make sure you have it set to this ID. It will vary from country to country. So if you switch countries, it will not work anymore.

If you're still having trouble, paste the entire results from these commands into a reply on this thread:

Code:
JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events).replace(/\},\{/g,"\n")

and this:

Code:
preferences.preferredRace.value

Just wanted to give another big THANK YOU to yonis. I have version 2 setup nicely now and it has been running flawlesy all night.

I do have a question about thread number and reservation delay. I had it set to 1 thread and 25 seconds last night and it was taking about 10 minutes to start a race. It had my 6 Primary Account drivers in every race though. Today I decreased the delay to 10 seconds and the delay to start a race seems to have decreased to 5 minutes. I still left the threads on 1. Am I correct to assume that as I increase threads and/or decrease the delay the time to start another race will decrease? Will either of decreasing the delay or increasing the thread number make it more likely that my 6 Primary Account Drivers will get skipped over for a race?

Just now I decreased the delay to 5 seconds and left the thread number to 1 and I'll see how that works out for a few races.

Edit: New race just started with 5 second delay and only 1 of my 6 primary drivers was selected. I think I'll try increasing the delay again

The delay should not have any effect on which drivers are used. If you aren't having trouble (ie "TEMPORARY SERVER PROBLEM") using 4 threads, you should stick with that.

Hold down Control and Shift, and click on the gear menu in the right side of the menu bar. Debug Mode is the second to last option. You can turn it off the same way, but note that on the Mac, showing the Debug Mode option is a toggle, so if you got it showing already, you don't have to hold Control and Shift again.

Is there something I am missing when it comes to entering debug commands in the Mac widget debug window? I entered the preference for the race, which worked, but the JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events).replace(/\},\{/g,"\n") is giving me:

Code:
TypeError: JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events) has no properties
Script execution failed

Is there something I am missing when it comes to entering debug commands in the Mac widget debug window? I entered the preference for the race, which worked, but the JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events).replace(/\},\{/g,"\n") is giving me:

Code:
TypeError: JSON.stringify(CONFIG.events) has no properties
Script execution failed

Never mind... Had to wait for a new race to start after turning on debugging...

So, anybody got any suggestions for this- how do I keep my kids from logging me off my pc when I'm running the grinder! grrrrr...... hahahahahahah!

So, anybody got any suggestions for this- how do I keep my kids from logging me off my pc when I'm running the grinder! grrrrr...... hahahahahahah!

Load the widget on the other account as well and set it to open up on start up, I dont know if that will work since it isnt actually starting up its switching accounts, but maybe.

Edit: I asume you mean they're logging in as a different user of your PC. Is that what you meant?

edit:!

1. In the Dock, click the little cog wheel, select "Close Dock"
2. Right click grinder widget , select "Hide Widget"

For WIN XP i found TraySaverB10.exe available here: http://www.mlin.net/other.shtml

Last edited:
yonis Thank you for this!

Is there better/worse concurrent threads/Driver Reservation Delay settings to run if a lot of your friends are auto-grinding you also?

Edit:
2 threads / 5 seconds has kept my widget running flawlessly for hours now.

new race every 25 mins.

This seems to work for me for now I was having a lot of problems with the new version.

Last edited:
Load the widget on the other account as well and set it to open up on start up, I dont know if that will work since it isnt actually starting up its switching accounts, but maybe.

Edit: I asume you mean they're logging in as a different user of your PC. Is that what you meant?

yep, that's what I mean....I explained sternly to them, the difference between logging off and switching users....:sly: and I changed my settings to require my passworrd for my account sooner. Now as long as they don't turn the pc off......:scared:

On previous version there was an option to free up one driver from your friends, is that incorporated into version 2.0? I don't see it as an option.

On previous version there was an option to free up one driver from your friends, is that incorporated into version 2.0? I don't see it as an option.

There's a little button next to the menu where you choose which friends you want always raced or always or reciprocated. Click it and it will give you the option to change that.

Well, that wasn't too clear, but I hope I helped.

ive noticed sometimes while using the new version that it will start a race & the widget will say "starting race" but it never changes to "racing" so i cant see lap or position, soon as the race ends the widget picks right up where it left off & starts up a new race, i've been running the new version for over 12hours last night with no problems

hardly a huge problem, just thought i'd report it back

This is amazing. Thanks to this widget I've gone from level 38 to level 40 in 2 days.
The only problem I've found is getting my drivers free to collect my money. They're always in use. Not complaining though :) I've made millions.

To get access to your driver's cash and XP, set them to offline. When they've finished in whatever race they were in, they'll be available to you to collect the winnings. Then, set them back to online and repeat. :)

Sorry if this is obvious to some, but, how do I access the debug window (so I can choose the circuit I want to race) in Windows (XP)?

I've tried the CTRL+Shift but I can't find anything to click on that works.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Amateur1.

Yep, that's what I looked at, but I don't get any results. Also, I'm trying to do this on the small, square widget window (that's the only one I can see with a "cog" icon) but the cog in my widget is in the top lh cornet, not the right corner.

I'm assuming I should be trying something else but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Also, if they are different, I'm using a PC, not a Mac.

Cheers,
Amateur1.

Sorry if this is obvious to some, but, how do I access the debug window (so I can choose the circuit I want to race) in Windows (XP)?

I've tried the CTRL+Shift but I can't find anything to click on that works.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Amateur1.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5106819#post5106819

• Close the grinder
  • Leave the Yahoo Widget running
  • Hold CTRL + Shift then right-click the Yahoo Widget taskbar icon
    15872017.jpg
  • Select 'Debug Mode'
  • Start the grinder

Last edited:
have you checked to see if your icon is in your hidden icons in the system tray?

There's nothing to show that there are hidden icons there, although I'm sure there are some that used to show up before but haven't been there for some time now.

Cheers,
Amateur1

There's nothing to show that there are hidden icons there, although I'm sure there are some that used to show up before but haven't been there for some time now.
For XP:
  • Click Start
  • Click Settings
  • Click "Taskbar and Start Menu"
  • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, uncheck the box Hide inactive icons.

If there are certain icons that you wish to have always displayed regardless if they are active or inactive, click the Customize button next to this checkbox and change the behavior.

For XP:
  • Click Start
  • Click Settings
  • Click "Taskbar and Start Menu"
  • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, uncheck the box Hide inactive icons.

If there are certain icons that you wish to have always displayed regardless if they are active or inactive, click the Customize button next to this checkbox and change the behavior.

I've never had that box checked (and I've looked again just to be sure, and it's still not checked). I would prefer to see all the icons in there.

I've noticed though that ones that used to be in there (like the sound icon and the "disconnect USB device" icon) have dissapeared (for many months / over a year). I've no idea why.

Cheers,
Amateur1

First: Thanks, Yonis, great work!

Question (and I'm sure I've seen it answered, but can't find it now...):

What happens when the ps3 exits the "bspec server mode", when the internet connection drops, or when the ps3 logs out of psn (or the ps3/game crashes)?

I have an old laptop that I've set up just to run the widget, but it's on a shelf and I don't have space for it anywhere I can see it... So I would like it to keep retrying forever, so that when I exit the "remote b-spec mode" on the ps3, and start it again after a few hours, it will just continue to grind :)

This morning when I checked it there was a message in the widget "click to reconnect".

The PS3 had logged out of PSN, for whatever reason. I got the ps3 logged on to PSN again, started the "bspec server" on the ps3, waited a few minutes, but the race didn't start. When I clicked the widget it reconnected and has been running well after that.

Was I too impatient? Will it continue to try to reconnect even if I don't click it or must I check it every now and then to make sure it isn't stuck?

Another question:
Sometimes it takes forever to log on/start races, but if I close the widget and re-open it then it's a lot faster. I guess this is a general performance problem with yahoo widgets and not something you can do anything about?

What happens when the ps3 exits the "bspec server mode", when the internet connection drops, or when the ps3 logs out of psn (or the ps3/game crashes)?

Your current race will finish but no others will start (you will not host). Your Bob's will continue to be raced by your friends who host though.

Back