B-Spec GT2, make our car driven by AI

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 47 comments
I just found the auto pilot address! I try to use the address that is available on the net, but none working. The included PEC cheat for autopilot also not working. But only with little search using Ctrl+H in PEC, I finally found it! Thank you PEC and epsxe!
Now I can become the race mechanic :). And this make testing suspension easier.

the autopilot address is 800A9E6A (800A9E3A NTSC 1.2 ?), with value:
0 = normal, we do the driving
1 = computer driving, like when we cross the finish line
2..3 = computer pit
4..7 = computer stop
8..255 = also computer driving
I can't see any difference in line taking when using different value in 8 to 255 range

Auto pilot is when the computer take over the car when doing pit in or after finishing the race. The car keep going on normal race, stop on drag test and license test.
Using this "modification" we can let the computer drive from the race start :). Good for lazy driver like me :P.
And we can see how good our car is compared to computer car, well, maybe, because it seem our AI driver is more stupid ........

sucahyo
I just found the auto pilot address! I try to use the address that is available on the net, but none working. The included PEC cheat for autopilot also not working. But only with little search using Ctrl+H in PEC, I finally found it! Thank you PEC and epsxe!
Now I can become the race mechanic :). And this make testing suspension easier.

the autopilot address is 800A9E6A (800A9E3A NTSC 1.2 ?), with value:
0 = normal, we do the driving
1 = computer driving, after the finish line
2..3 = computer pit
4..7 = computer stop
8..255 = also computer driving
I can't see any difference in line taking when using different value in 8 to 255 range

What in god's name are you talking about?

He's MAKING it work. Have you been keeping up on all his testing? Sucahyo is like our resident mad scientist.

Parnelli Bone
He's MAKING it work. Have you been keeping up on all his testing? Sucahyo is like our resident mad scientist.
Lol, lazy driver is more like it, because I use autopilot to win me all national championship in fully modded civic :).

Start the race after little tuning, change driver, leave it and do other thing :D.
It seems, although the AI driver skill is little stupid, but it have better cornering ability than other AI.

alrite, now you're REALLY getting lazy! I mean, come on, bro...you can totally win this race on your own! Get into the game, man...

Well, its because I know I can win it that I let the AI do the driving, if the race become chalenging then its my turn to drive. I am just don't have enough time to complete my NTSC disc just to get some races :P ......
I usually drive first, when the opponent is left behind, I transfer the driving to the AI ......

Actually that's and old Trick! You can have a race in GT2 with 6 of your garage cars with the AI driving all of them! There's more codes in GT2 than any GT game period, You can even make a AI Hybrids in GT2!👍

Is it possible to make a super driver? Modify the reaction time and/or skill level of the AI (if there is such a thing)...

HYBRIDLVR
Actually that's and old Trick! You can have a race in GT2 with 6 of your garage cars with the AI driving all of them! There's more codes in GT2 than any GT game period, You can even make a AI Hybrids in GT2!👍
I see. Maybe this is not a popular code because many do not want to leave the driving to the AI .........

colton19911
Will the car Driven by the AI sound the same as the car driven by the person playing the game?

Good question. Will the car make the same generic engine noise that all GT2 machines make, or will each car get its own sound like it does in GT3? Also, (as amp33 asked) can you modify the AI at all? Like, can you actually make it smarter??

Last edited:
colton19911
Will the car Driven by the AI sound the same as the car driven by the person playing the game?
If what you means is when using autopilot, then the answer is yes. When you finish the race or pitting, your car would still sound exactly the same.
The gear changing is exactly the same as using auto transmission, except when launching AI use some kind of trick. For 1 second it will make the car over rev, then it make rpm jump to unskidding 4000 rpm.
I don't know if we can make it smarter.

The Cool thing about using your cars as the Ai cars,

Up and Down Shifts/Heard 👍

Lowered Cars and geard to your specs

All settings stay the same!!!👍

HYBRIDLVR
The Cool thing about using your cars as the Ai cars,

Up and Down Shifts/Heard 👍

Lowered Cars and geard to your specs

All settings stay the same!!!👍

That's it. I'm getting a ****ing game shark,man.

But you didn't answer the question: do each of these garage cars maintain their individual engine sounds? or does the game substitute generic ai sound instead?

liam2maps
Sounds very interesting, very interesting indeed.

It does. Looks like HYBRIDLVR isn't gonna answer our question...he never answers directly, I've noticed that in the past.

Last edited:
I came online and during my browse I found something very cool. I'll share it with you since it's Christmas and all but I found out VW released a special version of the New Beetle called the RSi version.

It's an All Wheel Drive version that uses a 3.2 lt engine. Only 250 were produced but I think I could make one if I had the cash. VW shares parts with Audi and Porsche right? So chances are the 3.2 lt engine is the same engine in the Audi A3 and the AWD transmission might be one of those quattro things those Germans tend to brag.

I was thinking if only 250 were produced it would be very very very pricey to buy right? So what if someone was to say make one, find an A3 engine and transmission. Interesting no?

In any case I'd appreciate any help if people could find info to support or disprove me. And since you guys are so knowledgable here why don't you guys help me out :D

What this?:
volkswagon-new-beetle-rsi-00.jpg

Eh, don't bother, hypothetically or not. The Golf R32 was faster than this, as is the Audi A3 3 door and Audi TT quattro 3.2. The Beetle RSi weighed more than all of them, had a stripped out interior and used an earlier, down on horsepower version of the engine. And it cost $100,000 for the sake of costing $100,000, apparently.

Parnelli Bone
That's it. I'm getting a ****ing game shark,man.

But you didn't answer the question: do each of these garage cars maintain their individual engine sounds? or does the game substitute generic ai sound instead?
Sorry I replied so late, For some reason I don't get an Email when someone replies to my messages, This is the only fourm which I have that problem, AnyWoo!!! Yes, All your Cars as Ai Engines Sound the Same, You can even have a all Porche Race! Atlantic Race, Jaguar Race or any 6 Cars you move to the Top of your Garage, Just think? 7 Speeds in all your AI Cars! It's made of old codes which are still a bunch of fun...👍

Toronado
What this?:
volkswagon-new-beetle-rsi-00.jpg

Eh, don't bother, hypothetically or not. The Golf R32 was faster than this, as is the Audi A3 3 door and Audi TT quattro 3.2. The Beetle RSi weighed more than all of them, had a stripped out interior and used an earlier, down on horsepower version of the engine. And it cost $100,000 for the sake of costing $100,000, apparently.

I KNEW IT. I hear it's a joy to drive and such an enthusiastic piece to collect. Man I want one. Golf R32 is great too from what I hear. I reckon I could make one for under 100,000, but only just.

I heard it had a detuned version of the engine too which sucks. I hear one of those Porsche Cayenne(sp) use the same engine with stronger heads or something. The Beetle isn't my favourite car, it's just I wish I could have something that has character and a little pep.

Yeah, that's cool, HYBRIDLVR, thanx for the answer about the Ai there. Of course, when I finally get a gameshark, I'll probly suck at programming it. I'll wind up having Zelda and Mario show up instead of a modded Mustang and Camaro. :lol:

Liam, the Beetle RSi is in GT3 and 4, but I think in GT2 they only have a racing (rally) version, so it would be cool to good to have one that's more stock with hybrid parts from an Audi. The regular New Beetle in GT2 has some of the worst handling if I remember correctly ...over and understeer...so 4 wheel drive would help it a bit.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
The regular New Beetle in gT2 has some of the worst handling if i remember correctly ...over and understeer...so 4 wheel drive would help it a bit.
Oversteer and understeer at the same time? What do you mean? it oversteer when braking, understeer when throttling?

sucahyo
Oversteer and understeer at the same time? What do you mean? it oversteer when braking, understeer when throttling?

When you drive a Beetle in GT with a stock suspension, you'll get plenty of understeer while throttling or braking. Oversteer happens too when you take a turn too fast, get a little sideways, and the rear swings out. This is not caused by throttle, it's merely that the VW is a bit top heavy and as weight gets thrown from side to side, the Beetle's rear tires lose traction.

Once you get at least a semi-racing suspension and a couple weight reductions, you can use ride height and camber to diminish all this, but it'll never fully go away.

Back