B-spec issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter macstrax
  • 8 comments
  • 1,289 views
Messages
3
Hi to you all. New to this forum.

In B-spec I only have 1 driver, so you would think every exp. point you earn would go to the driver and also in the B-spec menu. Also you would think as you went through each event and got gold, it would advance you to the next exp. level, this seemed to be the case until I got to around level 20, when I completed a race, the drivers level went to the next level but the menu didn't.

So now I'm in the Endurance races, the gap between levels is huge I'm having to do the races over and over to advance to the next level. Currently the driver is at level 32 and the menu level 29. This means to advance the menu to level 30, so I can do the next race I have to run the Indianapolis 500 4 more times at 2hrs 45mins each that's 11hrs of bull----.

My questions;

1. Is this a glitch in the game and if so can it be fixed and how?

2. If not, who wants to buy a cheap Signature Edition?

Hope someone can put me out of my misery.

Thanks, macstrax
 
It's not a glitch, B Spec points and points that go to your driver are different amounts
 
It's not a glitch, B Spec points and points that go to your driver are different amounts

Correct, this is the same for everybody and always has been and probably always will be.

OP, if you look at threads that are already available you will see that many people share your feelings and point of view - welcome to the party!
 
Hi again

So what your saying is , from B-spec Beginner through to Extreme it is point for point, but after it changes.

Thanks macstrax

P.S. If possible could you please show me some links of other threads
 
Hi again

So what your saying is , from B-spec Beginner through to Extreme it is point for point, but after it changes.

Thanks macstrax

P.S. If possible could you please show me some links of other threads

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144626

I think they level up the same, its just as you get to the later races where you can have more than 1 bob, the amount of xp on offer to the bobs (not yourself) is multiplied by the total number of bobs allowed in the race. 4 bobs allowed, 4 times the amount of xp, which will be shared between them. So if you enter 1 bob, you get the standard amount, but he will get 4x that amount. Therefore I believe they level up the same, it's just they are getting more xp.

Isn't it DIVIDED amongst them?

That's why I thought they levelled up faster... I have an L39 Bob despite only being B-Spec L34.

Nope, my guess right now based on what I've seen is that the XP is multiplied up for the bobs to share, while you get the standard amount. I'm basing this on the fact that while I was doing races where only one bob could enter, my b-spec lvl and my bob's lvl were in sync. As soon as I started races where more than one bob could enter, but I was still entering just the one bob, he started lvl'ing quicker than I did. Then when I started entering two bobs, he appeared to lvl at the same speed as me again. And now that I'm entering just 1 bob in the enduro's, he is lvling much quicker than me again. All of this is purely based on rough guestimations however.
 
I've got 6 B-spec guys all around level 26 - 29. If my overall B spec level went up as fast as their individual levels, I'd be way up over level 100 by now.
 
I've got 6 B-spec guys all around level 26 - 29. If my overall B spec level went up as fast as their individual levels, I'd be way up over level 100 by now.
Why 6drivers?
I have 3, but only have been using 1 to level up to 40.
Currently he's @ 38 close to 39.
I let him drive the X1 and do Nurburgring 4 hr repeatedly, for XP.
For credits he does Dream Car Challenge.
If you are using 6 drivers, it will take you forever to reach 40.
Once he reaches 40, he will then share races with my other Bobs.
 
Hi

Thanks icleolion for your post, you got me thinking

Is it possible the method to KT's madness is, if you are like me and thought what's the point in more than 1 driver and just kept on going, by the time you reach the 24hr races you would have 1 very experienced driver, but what if, like my current position I only enter 1 instead of 4 but, in the 24hr races you must enter 4 only a thought. 1 very experienced driver, 3 novices.

If anyone has reached 24hr races in B-spec could they let me know please.

Thanks macstrax

P.S. Sorry for this next dumb question, but why do you guys call B-spec drivers "BOB" ?
 
The game only tells you the maximum number of Bobs you can enter. You can enter as many as you want. 1 bob will do the whole race, he will just be knackered for the majority of it. So far the only effect being knackered seems to have (for me at least, other people say differently) is sloppy overtaking.

Calling him Bob is something thats carried over from the GT4 days I believe. Why it came around then i don't know.
 
Back