B-Spec on GT6

Do you want B-Spec on GT6

• Total voters
B- spec would be nice if you can actually integrate it to A-spec, so you can run make a pit stop and then ask one of your drivers to take the wheel ( endurance races) or even if you can teach your V spec driver how to become better also helps you to improve for example in some sort of challenging mode where you can set a time and see if the driver can beat it, or another possibility is that you were able to race against them so the become better by learning from you....

Found this thread looking for any information on B Spec coming out on the 6th. I was hoping to hear that they made some improvements along the lines you mention above. Any word on that? I always wished that I could go into Practice Mode and tell the game to put my Bobs in the other cars on the track so that I could race against my B Spec drivers. That's really the only thing that would be fun to me. Otherwise, I'd say nuke it.

I wouldn't say it's 24 hours waste of my life to drive the endurance races.
I think its a great experience in a game I really enjoy.

But yeah, thats my opinion, and no offense intended. :)

It is awesome. Even with the predictable AI, it is a bit challenging.

The strategy and the sheer fear of getting out of gas on the middle of a lap at 15 hours of race is fun. There is the time transition, the fireworks on Le Mans, rain and fog on Nurburbring. All little things that show to us the craftmanship of the game.

I simply can't understand people who hate long endurances.

About B-Spec, I think that this feature is pretty much useless. When I first played GT5, I remember getting pretty upset when I saw how short A-Spec was and how many more events A-Spec could get if B-Spec wasn't there.

Last edited:
Ditch it. I buy GT for me to race. Not me watch a cpu race for me. GT4 was alot better and I did use it on some of the endurance races when I needed a break. No saves back then. But they aren't practical. I would assume they would learn from me and take on my driving style. Like an avatar. I lost many races in GT5 because they can't drive. So no thanks to b-spec. If it was optional like GT4, I would be fine with that. I don't have to use it. When they made a B-spec portion of the game, it just shows that GT5 was just thrown together.

I personally am a big fan of B-Spec, but not in it's current form. Ever since it was introduced in GT4 I have been hoping for it to turn into a team manager like mode where you can enter second cars in races and even enter them in races against friends. They moved towards this in GT5, but it ended up being more of a hindrance than anything actually fun as the most challenging part was watching your driver fail horribly and not being able to do a thing about it. Unfortunately, it sounds like they are going back to the GT4 set-up, which will make doing the longer enduro's less of a pain, but will also mean yet another under-utilized feature in PD's arsenal.

It says on the Sony site that B spec was coming after launch, along with 3D and other things I thought were a given since they were in GT 5.
Well if b-spec is coming via patch, at least they didn't waste time and space by trying to get in on the day one disk. This was a low priority and they got this part right for this particular feature.

B-spec... A wonderful way to waste the operational hours you have left on your ps3. I swear B-spec had a hand in why my ps3 overheated and died. Leaving it on for hours trying to do the endo races to get a lame car. B-spec is soooo boring we should just let is die. It's just another reason for kaz to waste time on something not relevant.

People like B-Spec, other people don't...I like it because of how it can benefit endurance racing like the 24hr on Nurburgring. Now that's it's optional again, those who don't like it don't have to use it and those who do, won't have to suffer through the entire endurance race...like the 24hr races, which are very tedious to do alone.

B-spec... A wonderful way to waste the operational hours you have left on your ps3. I swear B-spec had a hand in why my ps3 overheated and died. Leaving it on for hours trying to do the endo races to get a lame car. B-spec is soooo boring we should just let is die. It's just another reason for kaz to waste time on something not relevant.

I think b spec was originally conceived from the great replay system and a way to showcase your cars, later adding more functionality. It just hasn't evolved much... Or real time fidelity just fought up. PD used to render higher res cars in replays if anyone remembers.

I do like the using of Bob for swapping with enduro events or adding a deep team management aspect to it. I think GT 5 was the first of the series to make it a stand alone feature?

I think b spec was originally conceived from the great replay system and a way to showcase your cars, later adding more functionality. It just hasn't evolved much... Or real time fidelity just fought up. PD used to render higher res cars in replays if anyone remembers.

I do like the using of Bob for swapping with enduro events or adding a deep team management aspect to it. I think GT 5 was the first of the series to make it a stand alone feature?
If memory serve me right GT5 was the first time it was a stand alone. Also didn't GT5's B-spec give you different prize cars for endo races than A-spec. I think it did. If I'm right then even the people that don't want to do it might be forced to if they want that certain car. Which I don't think it should be that way. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I really enjoyed B Spec as a means to accomplish endure events as well as the social aspect of racing Bob with others I met on this forum. it was cool to manage my drivers and build their careers and income. it was a great feature and I miss it a great deal on GT6. I am hoping it will be brought back in a future update.

The lazy mans mode.

I'd only agree with B-Spec if the Bob(s) was a second/third/fourth driver to you in a long race. Since there isn't any long races enough at the moment. Doesn't matter.

I do miss b spec I golded out every race in bspec and used some of the prize cars in aspec as well, I was a little disappointed to see it gone from gt6 im hoping they bring it back along with enduro races

I miss B-Spec.

When I wasn't actually playing A-Spec, my console would still be on with some B-Spec race running.
Now it sits there lazily doing nothing till I return to play A-Spec. Not getting my money's worth this way.
Plus all the AI aren't working, too, lazy bastards are hooling around doing nothing at PD, just enjoying the company of Kaz and his team.

OTH - who know - they may be back, all piss and vinegar, ready to cause the usual screaming and raging we do at them.
I loved being a Crew Chief and Race Director in GT4, and carried on that process in GT5, learning many things about the way AI work . . . and in fact hoping that there was some fuzzy logic involved (in fact I think there is, and that the AI do have a learning curve influenced by the way the player plays the game) . . . so I am looking forward to it.

I know there are people who don't like B-Spec - and I respect their wishes; the only recommendation I can give there is that they buy some other game, or maybe just ignore the existence of B-Spec. Or buy a Game Development Corporation.

I like the B-Spec as well, though did not like it separated as it was in GT5.
I will be glad to see it reappear soon.

Sometimes I'm too tired to race but I still want to be "in the game" so I enjoy B-Spec. I especially like the LM cars running a long race while I'm working.

I just hope it's more fleshed out and like you're ACTUALLY coaching a driver. Slow down, maintain speed, speed up, and overtake were too simple and it didn't feel like I was actually helping at all. Most of the time I just let it do its thing and it would win automatically.

I like B Spec as a sort of interactive replay. But it was very - vague if you want fun in B Spec mode.
It would be great if your Pit Wall skills to your B-Spec dude did change his/her style of driving morphing them into a capable Team Mate in an Enduro race.

As a Cash generating tool? Faff

As a way to enjoy the game if you as a player can't manage the actual driving aspect yourself - but they could enjoy a race, telling their B Spec Bob to drive faster!

As of my current knowledge, no race in GT6 is long enough to justify a b-spec mode. 24 minutes, suck it up.

I'm eagerly awaiting B-Spec as it's a great way to keep on grinding even when I'm unable to use my wheel (hate using the DS3) and watching the Bob's is fun too, except on Monaco, damn track.

I just hope when they bring it back that you can just get a race started and they run race after race after race. I'd let it run over night sometimes just so the Bobs can build me cash to buy cars. That's all Bspec is to me. With the low payouts I feel its needed.

i didn't like b-spec because it was not really interactive, moronic drivers, only few commands and he'd didn't listen half of the time, no way to train your drivers except in real races.

I will buy GT6 when Polyphony gets the proper B-Spec mode. Combine the way it was in GT4 with the GT5 and giving it some update. I love to be the manager of the team. It would be great if you could breed your own drivers with different skills for everyone of them....and for that you need quite a lot of races. I expect seasonal races for Bobs.

I miss it aswell. It was a nice and easy way to earn extra credits through remote racing etc. Shame it's gone in my opinion.

I remember reading on here a while back, a lot of people were glad it was getting removed which surprised me.

I just hate B-Spec, it was never fun and it never will be !
Why would somebody want to watch someone driving like **** as you will lose anyway?!

I don't mind if B-Spec is coming, I don't like it.
But think for a moment: people with some kind of motional handicap.
Maybe they are not able to use a controller, or a steering wheel.
With B-Spec, they could find a way to enjoy the game.
It will become more "inclusive", following the guidelines of "design for all" product.
:)

I don't mind if B-Spec is coming, I don't like it.
But think for a moment: people with some kind of motional handicap.
Maybe they are not able to use a controller, or a steering wheel.
With B-Spec, they could find a way to enjoy the game.
It will become more "inclusive", following the guidelines of "design for all" product.
:)

That is a really good thought, it would certainly allow those who could not use a controller or wheel could enjoy the game. B-Spec was an innovation and it is a shame the game was not launched with it.

GT6 will have B-Spec. PD has already confirmed that.

They should implement actual endurance races and have your B-Spec drivers as your co-drivers. So every few stints, you pit in and have your B-Spec driver take over and you can tell him to continue his pace.

Back