B-spec pitting problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ND4SPD
  • 47 comments
  • 4,060 views

ND4SPD

Premium
Messages
8,485
Canada
Guelph ON
Messages
JeffZ28
Messages
Jeff C6R
Alright, everyone at this very moment I am doing the 4 hour endurance race at the N-ring. Everyone says the AI knows when to pit, but when my driver pits, he just sits there doing nothing until I click the ok button, I thought everything would be taken care of on B-spec, but I still have to be there to click a button in order for my driver, to succesfully complete a pit stop. How do I fix this?
 
You don't have to click OK. At least I don't. He should sit there for a second or two, then it should automatically go ahead and pit with the default options.
 
well, She (i call B-spec SHE because she is my girlfriend :)) just sit there for 5 sec then automatically go ahead and pit with the default options you have on before, sncie it's waste a 5 sec a pitting, i would like to put it in FAST (4) with overtaking on so she can be still frist from losting time sitting in pit stop
 
yeah, you have to make up those 5 seconds by having a faster car. That, or else surf GTP while you are b-spec'n a race so that you can determine what settings you want for the pit stops. I'm doing the Formula GT series right now, and I have won a couple races simply because my AI driver was carrying a lighter fuel load and pitting when his tires needed to be changed.
 
wait, I thought u had to select the pit button right next to the overtake button to get b-spec to pit? does it just come in when the tires are red or somthing? and does it refuel completely each time, or only if it needs it? sry for the ?s
 
jamezracer
wait, I thought u had to select the pit button right next to the overtake button to get b-spec to pit? does it just come in when the tires are red or somthing? and does it refuel completely each time, or only if it needs it? sry for the ?s

It will pit in if it needs fuel/tires. It takes a full load of fuel every time if you aren't there to stop the fuel going in. My guy pits in on orange tires, not red...but then again every time I am monitoring a race he needs fuel when his tires are orange, so maybe if he didn't need fuel he would be running on red tires.
 
Now if only I could get it to stay in 3x time mode between pit stops..
 
i raced the 24 nurburgring race and i had to sit there and every 10 mins (30mins race time) i would have to watch him pit and then go speed it up to 3x again. took nearly all day.
 
A buddy of mine has a codebreaker. He just sets his to "no tire wear" and "no fuel consumption" or something and his driver never pits and it stays at 3x... I'm probably going to boot off his disc when I'm ready to b-spec the 24hr races.
 
i did that also it sucked but was bett then sitting there for 24hrs. My driver once ran out of fuel right after passing the pit so he had to do a whole lap at 50mph around the ring, u know how long that takes a long friggin time lol.
 
Hope you don't take offence Rb26dett.... but that really made me chuckle
 
i didnt like the B-spec mode at 1st. raced the 24 hrs of le mans on friday. it lost my 3 minute lead that i had built up by the 18th hr. when i came back to see the status, i couldnt make up the gap & it was way late [ brain fried ].


so on sunday, i decided to go at it again.
lapped the 2nd place car in 3 1/2 hrs. turned it over to B-spec & lost my lead in 4 hrs. played it my self for another 6 hours and gave the controls back to B-spec.

only difference now is that i left it on FAST [ 4 ], where as i had it on PUSH [ 5 ] the previous time before. B-spec finally represented & helped me win it.

and the pit does take a freaking long time :crazy:
 
Is it possible to completely run out of fuel during a race?
 
something that I found annoing in B-spec is that when the car is pitting the speed moves from 3X to 1x and when the car comes out, it does not change back to 3X. i had to change it manually

it sucks :indiff:
 
^^^ yes it is... and you will coast at somewhere around 50-80km/h back to the pits... long time when you're at the ring ;)... hasn't happened to me yet, because I'm careful about it.

I've noticed that the driver won't pit for you if you start the race in A-spec, then switch to b-spec in the pit. If you start the race in B-Spec, it will automatically do everything for you. Even if you switch to a-spec in the pit, drive till your tires are ****, then pit in and switch to b-spec, it will still pit and do everything for you thereafter... so, start in B-Spec!
 
Rb26dett_240sx
i did that also it sucked but was bett then sitting there for 24hrs. My driver once ran out of fuel right after passing the pit so he had to do a whole lap at 50mph around the ring, u know how long that takes a long friggin time lol.


my guy did thesame thing...btu for some reason it was two laps after i pitted and i dotn think he took fuel before then...so i dropped all the way to 4th and after two pit stops later i was lapping people again but i quit cuz i dont have the patience to sit there till midnigth or later and get up around 6 to go to school...startin earlier tomorrow
 
50/50
i raced the 24 nurburgring race and i had to sit there and every 10 mins (30mins race time) i would have to watch him pit and then go speed it up to 3x again. took nearly all day.

I had to do the same thing because my guy was pitting every 4 laps even when he was just cruising at 2 with RSH tires. But I just timed it to include my sleep and working hours so he could finish the race (in real time) at the same time I got back from work :D.

When I checked it this morning at about 14 hrs, even with his closest competition pitting at every 6th (vs. 4th) lap, he had an 8 lap lead--so I'm confident he won't blow that.
 
Stargazer
I had to do the same thing because my guy was pitting every 4 laps even when he was just cruising at 2 with RSH tires. But I just timed it to include my sleep and working hours so he could finish the race (in real time) at the same time I got back from work :D.

When I checked it this morning at about 14 hrs, even with his closest competition pitting at every 6th (vs. 4th) lap, he had an 8 lap lead--so I'm confident he won't blow that.


what car/setup are you guys using for the 24h race?

I've been killing most of he enduros so far with my nissan z touring car, but I know that won't cut it for the 24 hr.

will the minolta fully modded be enough?
 
rjcc
what car/setup are you guys using for the 24h race?

I've been killing most of he enduros so far with my nissan z touring car, but I know that won't cut it for the 24 hr.

will the minolta fully modded be enough?

more than enough.

i passed it with my 350z nissan LM car

super hard racing wheels and i was 8 laps ahead of the 2nd car at the end of the race
 
do the nurb 24hr first - the competition there can be blown away by any race car. Then you'll have an F1 and can sweep the rest of the Enduros should you so choose.
 
P Machy
i didnt like the B-spec mode at 1st. raced the 24 hrs of le mans on friday. it lost my 3 minute lead that i had built up by the 18th hr. when i came back to see the status, i couldnt make up the gap & it was way late [ brain fried ].


so on sunday, i decided to go at it again.
lapped the 2nd place car in 3 1/2 hrs. turned it over to B-spec & lost my lead in 4 hrs. played it my self for another 6 hours and gave the controls back to B-spec.

only difference now is that i left it on FAST [ 4 ], where as i had it on PUSH [ 5 ] the previous time before. B-spec finally represented & helped me win it.

and the pit does take a freaking long time :crazy:

speed 3 and 4 would be the best for most tracks given that you have a decent amount of b-spec points.... AI driver can't handle speed 5... he'll just keep crashing and going into sands.... it's only good for straight roads.... now i'm not sure if an extremely high b-spec point will make the AI able to drive with speed 5....
 
get that minolta with as much mods as you can put and leave it on steady... i was over 25 laps ahead of the 2nd place guy by the end of the race 👍
 
rjcc
what car/setup are you guys using for the 24h race?

I used the Mercedes Race Car I won in one of the European races. I just set it on 2 (Cruise) with SH tires. By the time I got home last night it was still counting all the credits I won :D.

Regarding the F1 that you win in that race, can you tune it in any way or buy other tires for it? I noticed that I couldn't do an oil change. Does that mean that it will wear out eventually and I'll have to win another one to use?
 
I have a question, what type of cars are at the nurb enduro?
 
f1king
I have a question, what type of cars are at the nurb enduro?
Hey so can someone like answer my question please, about what type of cars are in the nurb enduro or any of the races so I can go kick some butt.
 
are you not at 25% yet? if i remember correctly its just street cars. Me and a friend are gonna do that race this saturday and i'm currently working on getting the money for all 4 black lmp cars. like 7.6mil but i have over 100 game days to do it do the DTM championship is my friend :)
 
Im doing the 24 hour right now at work and you never have to hit a button. I just have my girlfriend setting it at x3 whenever she can since shes not working today. The tire selection screen pops up for a while then eventually it goes away. Not sure of the cars since im here but I know im 10 laps ahead of the closest guy.
 
mattlikespeople
are you not at 25% yet? if i remember correctly its just street cars. Me and a friend are gonna do that race this saturday and i'm currently working on getting the money for all 4 black lmp cars. like 7.6mil but i have over 100 game days to do it do the DTM championship is my friend :)
I am at 30 % exactly, but thanks for the info if its just street cars I will use my for for GT or my SL 65 Killer stock motor but All the other mods.
 
mattlikespeople
are you not at 25% yet? if i remember correctly its just street cars.

You can run any car in the the 'Ring enduros. I used the 1998 AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR I won in one of the European races. I raced the 24hr 'Ring in B-spec set at 2 (Cruise) and easily won.
 
Stargazer
You can run any car in the the 'Ring enduros. I used the 1998 AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR I won in one of the European races. I raced the 24hr 'Ring in B-spec set at 2 (Cruise) and easily won.
I cant wait to try them (Enduros) but first I need my 9 million plus like you so I can buy the LMP's.....
 
Back