B-spec pitting problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ND4SPD
  • 47 comments
  • 4,060 views
Stargazer
I used the Mercedes Race Car I won in one of the European races. I just set it on 2 (Cruise) with SH tires. By the time I got home last night it was still counting all the credits I won :D.

Regarding the F1 that you win in that race, can you tune it in any way or buy other tires for it? I noticed that I couldn't do an oil change. Does that mean that it will wear out eventually and I'll have to win another one to use?

Link to F1 oil change thread... :)👍
 
I'm using the Audi R8 in B-Spec. (stage 4 turbo, RH in front, RSH in back) on 24hrs. SartheII (I want that Bentley Speed 8 so bad). I'm about 6hrs. (race time) into it and 2 laps up on 2nd place. I'm running on speed 3 and it seems just fine to let him do his thing. This is only the 3rd race im doing on B-Spec so my driver isn't that good yet. He crashes into the outside wall on the long striaght sometimes. :nervous:

BTW the other cars you race against are:
Jaguar XJ9-R Race Car
Nissan R89C Race Car
Mazda 787B Race Car
Sauber Mercades C 9 Race Car
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car

I really wanna do the 24hr. N-ring in A-Spec switching off with a buddy of mine every few pit stops. Has anyone done this yet? If so, how did their PS2 hold up? LOL :dopey:
 
Drifty_McDrift
I'm using the Audi R8 in B-Spec. (stage 4 turbo, RH in front, RSH in back) on 24hrs. SartheII (I want that Bentley Speed 8 so bad). I'm about 6hrs. (race time) into it and 2 laps up on 2nd place. I'm running on speed 3 and it seems just fine to let him do his thing. This is only the 3rd race im doing on B-Spec so my driver isn't that good yet. He crashes into the outside wall on the long striaght sometimes. :nervous:

BTW the other cars you race against are:
Jaguar XJ9-R Race Car
Nissan R89C Race Car
Mazda 787B Race Car
Sauber Mercades C 9 Race Car
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car

I really wanna do the 24hr. N-ring in A-Spec switching off with a buddy of mine every few pit stops. Has anyone done this yet? If so, how did their PS2 hold up? LOL :dopey:
Holly crap so If I use my Nissan lm Z I will get my ass kicked ha?
I might just try it anyway because I dont want tospend the cash to buy an Audi or anyother car till I get the LMPS
 
Those arent the cars im racing against. Here is what im against right now even though im at work...
EDIT: I just noticed I only have about 5 hours left. Actually less since my girlfriend keeps putting it on X3. :)
1. Nissan Falken GT-R
2. Opel Calibra Touring car
3. AMG mercedes 190 E
4. Toyota Superautobacs
5. Nissan C West Razo Silvia


 
f1king
Holly crap so If I use my Nissan lm Z I will get my ass kicked ha?
I might just try it anyway because I dont want tospend the cash to buy an Audi or anyother car till I get the LMPS

The way i got the cash for the R8 is doing the Di Amalfi on the Easy Special Condition races. The prize credits for each win is only 5,000 cr. but the Toyota RSC Rally Raid you win every time sells for 276,000 cr. 💡

I kept doing it over and over with different cars in my garage I haven't used yet so it didn't get boring. :)


To: CAMAROBOY69 - I'm doing the 24hrs. at SartheII NOT the N-ring. Thats why the cars are different. :sly:
 
Drifty_McDrift
To: CAMAROBOY69 - I'm doing the 24hrs. at SartheII NOT the N-ring. Thats why the cars are different. :sly:
Oh ok well now we know the cars that are at both. 👍
 
i'm using mercedes race car and i'm at work right now and if i timed it right, it should be complete in about 1 hour, as far as the course goes , it was at 16 hours and I had already passed the second place car by 8 laps and the last place car by 25
can't wait to get home.
 
CAMAROBOY69
Those arent the cars im racing against. Here is what im against right now even though im at work...
EDIT: I just noticed I only have about 5 hours left. Actually less since my girlfriend keeps putting it on X3. :)
1. Nissan Falken GT-R
2. Opel Calibra Touring car
3. AMG mercedes 190 E
4. Toyota Superautobacs
5. Nissan C West Razo Silvia

That's hillarious I'm donig the Nurb right now. I'm at work and my wife is at home hitting 3x for me too! We have good women amongst us. You ladies ROCK!!!

The cars that you race against are what I call the baby JGTC cars and the Super Touring Cars. They're similar in speed... the tourers being a bit faster.

Chad~
P.S. anyone in the Cambridge Ontario Canada area wanna have a LAN race sometime? chads@minit.ca 👍
 
lambchop44
That's hillarious I'm donig the Nurb right now. I'm at work and my wife is at home hitting 3x for me too! We have good women amongst us. You ladies ROCK!!!

The cars that you race against are what I call the baby JGTC cars and the Super Touring Cars. They're similar in speed... the tourers being a bit faster.

Chad~
P.S. anyone in the Cambridge Ontario Canada area wanna have a LAN race sometime? chads@minit.ca 👍

I asked my girlfriend to do that for me last night and she told me it was cheating..well I then informed her instead of changing the fuel filter on HER car I could be playing GT4.....(if she would stop running her car on empty this would not be a problem) so she put it on 3x for me....
 
I have done the ring a few times now, and I always take time at the begining of the race to set up B-spec driver with a solid pit/speed strategy.

Changing tires (Hard, medium, etc), and race speed can make him pit at different parts of the track. On the ring you want his pit light to come on during the last quarter or so of the track, just to be safe.

Going past the pit on red tires or not enough gas... bad thing on the ring. Cause if he does it once, he is probably gonna do it everytime, costing you race time.
 
Conad
Changing tires (Hard, medium, etc), and race speed can make him pit at different parts of the track. On the ring you want his pit light to come on during the last quarter or so of the track, just to be safe.

Going past the pit on red tires or not enough gas... bad thing on the ring. Cause if he does it once, he is probably gonna do it everytime, costing you race time.

I found that out last night. I raced the 4hr 'Ring using B-spec in a Mercedes SLR McLaren. The tires wore down so that he needed to pit every 3rd lap but the Pit light turned on so late that he missed a few. That led to more problems like overshooting the pit entrance and having to do another lap just to get around. A few times he pitted 3 laps late!

Anyway, I had to set the pace to 1 (slow down) so that he wouldn't keep overshooting and he was finally able get into a rythym and win.
 
f1king
I cant wait to try them (Enduros) but first I need my 9 million plus like you so I can buy the LMP's.....

Well, I'm generally a cheap person and I don't generally like to buy the race cars because you can usually win them as prizes. I just look at the list of prize cars and do the race that gives me the car I need. Then I use that prize car to do the race that I want.

Does that make sense? This way I don't have to buy any race cars and I only use the credits I have to mod the cars I already have to make sure I win :D.
 
Stargazer
Well, I'm generally a cheap person and I don't generally like to buy the race cars because you can usually win them as prizes. I just look at the list of prize cars and do the race that gives me the car I need. Then I use that prize car to do the race that I want.

Does that make sense? This way I don't have to buy any race cars and I only use the credits I have to mod the cars I already have to make sure I win :D.

I do the same thing :). other thing is that if the car that i need is not in the price car list. I buy the most expensive to win easily and to win other races with the same car
 
It's amazing how many of us have wives that have to put up with our addiction to the game. A support group for GT4 widows might help them out. If I could get away from the game long enough I might ask.......but........ 7.5 hrs till my first F1 from the Berg. Noone will be home to reset x3 so I will keep doing it till 9am and see how far it got when I get home. How do you explain this to someone who doesnt like the game? ...wait I gotta reset X3 after a pit. god I am sad.........
 
I feel you on the wife issue. I have a fiancee and she is understanding but if this addiction last another 2 weeks, I can see her patience running thin. To make things worse, I'm buying furniture for my house now and one of my requirements is for my GT steering wheel to clamp on to my dining table. When I examine the table, she asks me what i'm doing and I just tell her I'm checking out the construction of the table. Little does she know...
 
My fiancee got royally ticked at me because she asked if I wanted her to come over and I said "not tonight, I want to play GT4."

My advice to anyone encountering the same dilemma, LIE and tell her you are going out on a date with another girl. It will go over better.
 
Minnesota01R6
My fiancee got royally ticked at me because she asked if I wanted her to come over and I said "not tonight, I want to play GT4."

My advice to anyone encountering the same dilemma, LIE and tell her you are going out on a date with another girl. It will go over better.
:lol: good thing I'm single:lol:
 
Back