B-spec "special" drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kojak1970
  • 44 comments
  • 6,210 views
Level 9 Bob here... he drives ok... In the harder events I have to baby him to the front and then I decrease pace so his indicator goes back to blue and then its smoothe sailing... I just leave and come back to collect the cash and XP :p
 
Only race I have had issues with is the damn Truck indy race..and this is due to not being able to give my driver a monster of a car. Oh that and the damn Nascar series was very similar.

Other then that my guys are great. I should try them in the X1 though, would like to see if they can avoid people or not. I may have a differing opinion on my team after I see how they handle the fastest car in the game lol
 
my bob is a total tard. no matter what same set of corners he always decides to punch and get sideways for no reason. or he'll tap a wall and stop completly let every car pass him then start again.

on a side note i did change tires for some of the races and he seemed to do way better in the same car with a tire change.
 
If you think b-spec bob is painful now, wait until you get him in the x1! It's like he is blind, seriously he can't overtake anything without smashing full speed into the back of it first.

I think I might be your bob. :(
 
My first driver (K.Prince) is muuuch better than the second one, even if they have similar stats. He just won a race at Tsukuba by 0.017 seconds!!! I was on the edge of my seat, lol.
 
it seems as if bob likes my 69 camaro rm way better than when it was just a reg 69 camaro.
 
He will be driving like an idiot until lv20 at least. For this particular race, and the one with historical cars, don't bother now ; come back when your Bob is 20+ and he'll win 1st time 👍

I had him win it at level 13. But this is the same way I look at B spec. If your driver sucks at a certain race, just skip it and wait till he levels up a bunch.
 
I replaced the majority of my team (I kept my Class 19 P Newman with totally cool character). I am Lv 21. The rest of the team are "hot heads". Strangely when a race settles down their needle goes to the far left and they slow down. When someone catches them up their gauge moves towards the right and they speed up to avoid being passed.

Anyway one of my "new breed" G Berger (the other three are F Alonso, K Yamauchi and R Hammond) has his first race at Madrid in my fairly extensively modded R8 5.2 (with added downforce). I don't know what it is about that top hairpin at Madrid but he found the barrier every lap for the first half of the race (18 laps?) making a mess of the front of the car to say the least.. At one point he even lets the other cars all go past. I tell him to get a move on and he works through the field and now I tell him to slow for that corner and he finally manages some clean laps and even manages to win the race, He is still not a particularly careful driver but he has yet to lose a race.
 
My first driver (K.Prince) is muuuch better than the second one, even if they have similar stats. He just won a race at Tsukuba by 0.017 seconds!!! I was on the edge of my seat, lol.

I vote for some drivers just being better than others despite looking similar in the stats bar.

Also-for the Daytona races especially, but also for Indy races, I tune Bob's brakes to 0 front, 0 rear. I never actually checked to see if it works, but it makes me feel better lol.

I also prefer to run a little bit of a hot-headed Bob because B-Spec is set it and forget it grinding for me as I let the kids watch TV or something. My Bobs that are too calm don't respond quick enough when the pack inevitably catches them while they are driving around sightseeing.

Edit- I've also found that most Bob's can't drive my tunes for crap. It's like they are incapable of rolling in/out of the throttle. They love to kick the tail out, come in too hot, etc. The workarounds for me are to tune the car toward the tight/understeer side compared to how I drive it. Also Bob prefers light cars with less power to heavy cars with lots of power. If you want a laugh, put him in the Veyron and watch him drive it like even more of an 1100 HP dump truck than it already is.
 
why isn't there a practice mode for b spec like there was in gt4.....
 
B Spec is seriously broken when you start. I've just entered my driver into the Sunday Cup in a Civic race car and he flew off the track at full throttle, then just sat on the grass with the brakes on for a while.

I understand that they're supposed to be bad but at least a bloody iota of intelligence would be nice to start with.
 
Haha, im sorry Moglet, but i actually laughed at that post. They are silly people. They even manage to spin my lambo which even i cant spin! :/
 
If you think b-spec bob is painful now, wait until you get him in the x1! It's like he is blind, seriously he can't overtake anything without smashing full speed into the back of it first.

LOL, that's some funny stuff.
Bob is kinda retarted though, I have him in the FGT right now owning everyone but I'm worried about him doing the NASCAR events later on, on the ovals I turn the brake sensitivy down to 1 front & back so he can't slow down as much as he normally would.
 
So I'm seeing that some of the cars that would be useful to me in A-Spec are prizes from winning B-Spec races.

I'd tried B-Spec out a little, gotten to level 6 and was in some of the Amateur races. Also managed to get the Ford SVT 150 out of the used car lot so I could do the Sport Truck Challenge. Upgraded it a bit so it had plenty of power, about 100 horses more than the competition, so on Laguna and Daytona, I had no problem smoking the other trucks in A-Spec.

Now trying to do them in B-Spec, and it's like Bob had a frontal lobotomy, and he's driving like an idiot, letting other trucks pass him no matter how many times I tell him to pace the hell up! Randomly hitting the brakes, even braking before the start/finish line in Daytona. Maintaining a pace about 20-30 mph slower than what the truck can actually do (on Daytona, I keep it floored the entire time, generally running between 150-160 mph while Bob keeps a pace of 120-140).

Tried looking at the joke of a manual included in the game. Just told me the obvious selections in the menus, not any detailed information about cars, drivers, courses, setting up a car, or any of the almost infinite information PD could have supplied with the game.

What am I missing? Why are my drivers so dumb? Is there some way to rank them up so they drive better? Am I completely missing a comprehensive B-Spec guide on the site? Any help is appreciated...

Crank the power up expedentially, so that hes so fast in a straight line, they can't catch his dumbass in the turns. that's what I did, or wait like others said, till you're at least level 20. Suspension helps to, but he's gonna take the turns slow, cause he's B-spec bob! yay! :yuck:
 
To all just starting out and or are a low level in B Spec. Your Bob driver will suck. He will be all over the place. He will crash, do burn outs, no listen to you, etc. As time goes on and he levels up. He becomes a pro driver. I think once I got near level 30 I stopped even watching the races. More so these endurance ones. I mean who could sit there 4, 9, 24 hours? So ever since then I start a race and I just turn the tv off. I check back every now and then throughout the day. But everything is auto pilot. But all my driver's rail this X1 far better then I can drive it ( using a controller that is ). Even before I had the X1 I was mainly using the Zonda R. Again, they picked it up well and drive it very well. But I too seen everything your seeing in yours for like the first 15 levels or so.
 
Last edited:
Back