B-Spec?

• Thread starter Peter.
  • 99 comments

What iteration of B-Spec would you like to see return for Gran Turismo 7?

• GT4

• GT5

• GT6

• Something New

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jamaica
Kingston, Jamaica
pj-gm
PJwasHere876
There's been a lot of talk about release date, track/car lists, graphical improvements, and, apparently, grass and tree textures.

But what about B-Spec? There's not much confirmation of it's existence, but let's talk about it. Do you miss it? Do you want more of it, or less? Did you prefer the single driver support in your campaign plight in the spirit of GT4, or fully fleshed out secondary mode with driver growth and personalities, retirement, customization, and a consecutive set of career races, as well as the option to do races against your friend's drivers for extra cash, a la GT5, or did you prefer the delayed, complete mess that GT6 had?

I loved the direction GT5 was going in, but it needed a competent AI to be as fun as it would be with all the races you had to do, instead becoming a bit of a chore at times. Many weren't happy with doing identical versions of the A-Spec races, and not being able to let Bob take over for the A-Spec endurance races when you grew tired. A best of both worlds would be possible between the 2, and I don't see anyone having a problem with that but let me know. It's a one of a kind mode that has huge potential, and they need to know that.

Some of you may like it, but i dont see the appeal in watching Bots fighting it out... I barely touched in in previous GT.

GT7 can have it, i will have none of it... maybe to earn free credit at best.

I personally dont have any interest in it, but i can't stop some of you from having fun...

To be honest, I don't really like leaving an AI to do the driving for me. But it's the only way I can complete the 24-hour races. None of my friends play racing games, so they can't help me out there. And I've never liked leaving my consoles on for several days at a time because, as far as I am aware, doing so can actually damage them (by overheating). So B-Spec is realistically the only way I can complete them.

As it was in old games? Zero interest. Having a group of drivers that you team up with in racing series, sure.

I totally forgot we can do this now! :lol:

I wonder if it is possible for PD to make it so drivers can team up online for 24-hour races in career, even though the bulk of the mode is offline?

I have said several times that I dream of a GT4-style B-Spec (where we could take the wheel), combined with the GT5 style, with our Bobs team.
It would be like in real life: You got tired, your partner takes the wheel for endurance racing.

Last edited:
I hope it returns for the folk that liked it, & that they're happy. But, for me personally I don't really care whether or not it comes back or in what form.

As it was in old games? Zero interest. Having a group of drivers that you team up with in racing series, sure.

It's one of many aspects of GT that needs to evolve, not just copied from old games.

This right here. Was acceptable in GT5 at time as no other game on console (That I remember anyway) did swapping out with the AI (Nor allowed swapping out one AI driver for another). Now however, I would much prefer something more evolved. Less GT5 style (Apart from names) and more Motorsport Manager style in terms of stats and strategy. I know, "Eww, a Mobile Game" (Which has a PC version mind you) but you try naming a more recent console game with something similar.

For enduro's only in my opinion,but it's a viable mode for some of us,I guess,GT5's with improved AI would suffice.

I loved B-Spec in GT5! It was so much fun. And it’s great to showcase their graphics engine. I never got to try it in GT6 as it came late after I had sold my PS3 to get a PC. Hopefully it’ll be back. I remember the Super GT race on Spa (Seasonal Event) as the easiest way to farm credits. I think you had to start on wets and survive until the rain starts without pitting. Some cars were better and you had to pace your AI. These were fun honestly.

I loved B-Spec in GT5! It was so much fun. And it’s great to showcase their graphics engine. I never got to try it in GT6 as it came late after I had sold my PS3 to get a PC. Hopefully it’ll be back. I remember the Super GT race on Spa (Seasonal Event) as the easiest way to farm credits. I think you had to start on wets and survive until the rain starts without pitting. Some cars were better and you had to pace your AI. These were fun honestly.
I had fun in GT5 too. My favorite was VLN. I was anxious about my inexperienced female team - with Scarlett Johansson and Ellen Rocche.
The Amuse S2000 has always been a big threat to them. :lol:

I had fun in GT5 too. My favorite was VLN. I was anxious about my inexperienced female team - with Scarlett Johansson and Ellen Rocche.
The Amuse S2000 has always been a big threat to them. :lol:

Haha yeah I had fun with that one too! It was entertaining when you wanted to watch some racing when you were bored! Hope it comes back. It’s probably not that complicated to set up so it won’t mean they need to compromise other parts of the game.

B-Spec is something that I'd be glad if it was left behind. Driving should be fun, and not require an AI to do it for you. I'd also rather PD save its resources/money and use it on something else, like a successor to the Time Rally mode. As for endurance races, I'd limit them to being 4hrs at most, or maybe at the same length as those in GT3, as I thought GT3's endurances were the perfect length. Besides, in real life endurances that go for 12 or 24hrs, it's never the same driver doing the whole thing anyway. Or at least, I'd allow players to pause the race when they pit, if the races are going to ultimately be over GT3's length.

B-Spec could be like in Project CARS 1. Do a certain distance then you can let the AI take over and you could coach it. Or like in GT5 with it being a totally separate mode though with different events unlike in GT5. I just think it’s fun when you just feel lazy and want to watch beautiful cars go around a track but still be minimally involved. I say this as a Sport Mode addict lol It’s fun to just sit back and watch. I’m not a big fan of watching other people play though. I like to be involved in a way.

Some of you may like it, but i dont see the appeal in watching Bots fighting it out... I barely touched in in previous GT.

GT7 can have it, i will have none of it... maybe to earn free credit at best.

I personally dont have any interest in it, but i can't stop some of you from having fun...
If B-spec in GT7 like it was GT6 and that would be good for everyone and not like it was in GT5, and that will not be good idea in 7.
Another good 💡 to have if B-spec in GT7 you race in an Endurance race, and you come into the pits to change over to your B-spec driver.

Come on. B-Spec is for everyone. To be an engineer is a tough job. Strategizing without driving. Only going by what the driver says is happening to the vehicle. Making the right call at the right moment. If done right, it's a cool function. I'd like to see it return.

Racing against another person's B-Spec Bob in FIA, would be absolute fun. It's a different part of the game.

Last edited:
I can't even remember what GT6's B-Spec mode was like but I hope that - if it's there - it's like the one in GT4 where you can start an endurance race driving yourself to build up a lead and then, during a pit stop, hand it over to B-Spec for them to complete the race in fast forward. There's no way I'm running a 24 hour race myself...

If we have endurance races of over 4 hours or more then I would want B-Spec for driver swaps, shorter races I probably wouldn't use it.
Definitely didn't like the separate A-Spec & B-Spec in GT5.

Back