Back of the Grid

  • Thread starter Thread starter BB-ANDY-
  • 8 comments
  • 1,127 views
Messages
465
England
Nottingham
Messages
GTP_HKS / BB-ANDY-
why is it whenever I go online that i start near the back of the grid?
 
The first cars on the grid are those with less PP, so the cars with the maximum allowed PP (which is probably your situation) are the last on the grid.
 
why is it whenever I go online that i start near the back of the grid?

Its related to how many PP (performance points) you've used on your car. If youre in the beginner races, its because you're using a more powerful or lightweight car.
If you use the same PP as several other people, then you are randomly placed on the grid with them.
So:
First place is always the lowest PP car
Last place is always the highest PP car
Any cars that are the same PP value are randomly placed, for example if 2nd to 8th positions are the same PP value, they are randomly placed in those positions but any lower point car are placed in first or higher point cars are behind.

For the beginner races, the cars are still placed on PP value but obviously you can't change it, so it's based off the car's stock power, weight, tyres and aerodynamics.
Hope that helps.
 
ohh ty for clearing this up for me ;)
 
That doesn't make much sense to me... a suzuki cappucino in the midst of ford GTs started last.
 
That doesn't make much sense to me... a suzuki cappucino in the midst of ford GTs started last.

Sometimes lag screws up the grid and pushes people in front/gives them a speed boost. All I know is that it is a fact that my Jaguar ALWAYS starts in first in PP700 races with its measly 619 PP, the only time that doesnt happen is when a Cappucino or something joins the race.

Its the very reason that people tune to 1 or 2 points below the PP limit, so they get a better starting position. 2 horsepower or 2% in weight is nothing in a trade for starting ahead of the pack for some people.
 
Sometimes lag screws up the grid and pushes people in front/gives them a speed boost. All I know is that it is a fact that my Jaguar ALWAYS starts in first in PP700 races with its measly 619 PP, the only time that doesnt happen is when a Cappucino or something joins the race.

Its the very reason that people tune to 1 or 2 points below the PP limit, so they get a better starting position. 2 horsepower or 2% in weight is nothing in a trade for starting ahead of the pack for some people.

good point, im gonna tune to 699PP now :p
 
I normally start from pole in 600PP races in my Integra but once in a while I start last instead. There's always a car in the pit lane when that happens as well.

I normally cross the start line at 90 something MPH when on pole but last night I rocketed over the start line at 195 MPH I couldn't believe my eyes!
 
why is it whenever I go online that i start near the back of the grid?

Whenever I start at the back of the grid (particularly at Daytona Speedway), I yell 'PREPARE FOR GLORY!' then charge past the competition to take the win!

On Suzuka, I sigh a little, but I know I have the skills to get myself into a position to challenge for a podium finish! Besides, after the first couple of corners at Suzuka, your guaranteed to move up 5 or 6 places! :lol:
 
Back