Back to default seat settingsPS4 

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
Hi, is it possible to go back to the starting settings for your seat position (height, angle, forward, backward)?

That's a good question. As far as I know there's no reset position option, although you'd think there would be.

You probably could move back to approximately where you think it should be and look down. You should see the seat and your virtual body. Then move the position around slightly until you are positioned where your virtual head would be, if you see what I mean! That's about the default position.
A single button press would be far easier though.

I didn't think it saved your seat position, I remember having to keep adjusting it every time I loaded the game.

Did it get patched?
Or is it saved with a car setup?

I didn't think it saved your seat position, I remember having to keep adjusting it every time I loaded the game.

Did it get patched?
Or is it saved with a car setup?
Mine has saved every single time, same for the first game. Thought that was how it worked?

Ah, that's the Xbox. You're missing the seat position save button. :mischievous:

Joking aside, like Bleeder's, my position is saved automatically each time I move it (PS4). Which without a reset button can be a pain if you want to go back.

You can move the seat position pretty well anywhere, out through the roof, forward through the window etc. It's a very flexible seat!

Ah, that's the Xbox. You're missing the seat position save button. :mischievous:

Joking aside, like Bleeder's, my position is saved automatically each time I move it (PS4). Which without a reset button can be a pain if you want to go back.

You can move the seat position pretty well anywhere, out through the roof, forward through the window etc. It's a very flexible seat!
To many "A" buttons on my wheel for a save seat button :)

Moving the seat in one car seems to have an effect on other cars...sometimes. I raced in the NASCAR last night and then did some Indycar practice. When I went back to the NASCAR my seat position had moved.

Moving the seat in one car seems to have an effect on other cars...sometimes. I raced in the NASCAR last night and then did some Indycar practice. When I went back to the NASCAR my seat position had moved.
Yes i notices this to, sometimes when i switch to another car to give my p1 gtr a break when i switch back the seating position on the p1 gtr is not where i left it so i have to reposition everything again like it went back to default?

Anybody else weirded out by the fact that you aren't moving the seat, but the driver? Keep moving it far enough back, you don't hit a stop that says 'The seat doesn't go back any further', your head disappears INSIDE the seat back, and your vision is completely obscured!

Add to that, allow a certain amount of body movement, and a position that allows you to see normally can end up with you buried 'inside' the seat on acceleration and blind as a bat..! Not great news at starts, LOL

Without VR, I am always struggling to get the seat back far enough to even see the rear view mirror, forcing me to have the 'virtual' one on, with its weird FoV (the real mirror pretty much gets it right, the virtual one is close to impossible to use to judge how far back a trailing car is). Be nice if the driver seat went further back without obscuring your view...

The problem with doing that is, there is a 'correct' FoV setting that sets everything the way your eyes would see... You end up with the inability to correctly judge apexes and braking points widening it too far (or face a long adjustment period moving from 'correct' FoV)...

Or you can ignore that, do what makes you comfortable, and adjust to that. Realism be damned when you just want escape reality and enjoy a video game, right?

Trouble is, what makes me comfortable as far as seeing the track doesn't make me comfortable as far as seeing the car!

If I didn't want realism, I'd play Burnout!

Back