Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
I'm sorry but I'm not believing this.. Image quality is too low therefore high chance of error in my opinion... Sorry.. Video will do it but ;)

Wow, another backfire thread. I thought PD would keep that as the ultimate feature in GT5. :dopey:

Seriously, hope it is correct. But what track are the pics from? And do you have any idea why the quality is so poor? As midnite said, only a video would be convincing enough.

Are you sure? From the looks of the quality, it seems more like the backfire is coming out of air intake area instead of the exhaust pipes on the back.

Yep. Supra GT has side exhaust.

And the most important thing is, we had many reports about
backfire before the pics arrived.

The demo is playable, and many people witnessed the backfire.

I wont believe it until i see some high quality pics, cus even i can make "backfire" in photoshop very easily. But so far, it may be real. And i hope so :mad:

If its included I hope it isn't just for race cars. And if car wear is implemented, I demand a backfiring Fiat Panda with smoke coming out the back. :sly:

Nice.

Someone has finally made some use of VMO 0 chip.

Shame about official press release about GT5 as "Real Backfire Simulator" though. :)

Question: Should we treat the "sidefire" (as shown on the pics) as the "backfire"? Poll needed! And serious discussion, too.

Great addition! It looks very much real! As more is revealed, we are more suprised. It seems like a lot of things that were "impossible" or "hard to do" are showing up.

One could even suggest.... no I'll leave it at this.

I really really hope these are real and other cars in GT4 (not just race cars) will backfire. I also hope they give out a satisfying pop or crack (or whatever) noise.

eeek nice and awesome BUT:
why always the "ESSO ULTRAFLO SUPRA JGTC" and always the SAME backfire (fire looks not always the same!!!)--->the SIZE of the backfire is always different!!!!1...but good beginning....
Toygtone-LS2.jpg

It all depens on how much Oxygen/fuel the flame gets to burn. Looking at that GT-One picture it is cornering at that moment, meaning the air flow is bigger at one side.

GT-One Lover
--->the SIZE of the backfire is always different!!!!1...but good beginning....

Totally sick.

Name change into: GT4 "The different backfire-size simulator". Mental. 100%.

LoudMusic
Again I say ... it's backfire, why do you even care?

why do you not care? You non backfire caring bastige.

Ps: It's just a little touch to make it seem more realistic, like the undertray sparks and it means everything to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111(eleventy)

Pps: Great news.

Ppps: What does Ps mean anyway?

Race Idiot
why do you not care? You non backfire caring bastige.

Ps: It's just a little touch to make it seem more realistic, like the undertray sparks and it means everything to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111(eleventy)

Pps: Great news.

Ppps: What does Ps mean anyway?

Modern meaning is "Post Script". Or "writing after the writing". I believe it was originally in latin.

LoudMusic
Modern meaning is "Post Script". Or "writing after the writing". I believe it was originally in latin.

That makes sense.
Ok, so Pps is post post script?

Man that sounds stupid.

This backfire thread has me thinking now. I don't recall ever seeing backfire in GT4P Euro or Pal version, but I wasn't really looking for it either. If someone sees this can they make a vidoe of it or at least tell me what vehicle has it and I will make a video of it or some screenshots.
I dont think I ever saw them in GTC 2001 or 2002.

Back