Background Music

  • Thread starter Thread starter tennyis
  • 47 comments
  • 3,956 views
Messages
63
Messages
DarkwingDudes
Using your own custom background music off of your PS3 seems to be broken. The volume levels are way off and it constantly plays the same song over and over again, rarely changing it. It also causes it to skip when you finish a race.

Has anyone else noticed this?
 
This needs sorting BIG time for me, my number 1 bug for me............ my music enhances my GT experience no end and for me this is just completely frustrating. Race BGM sometimes skips back to in-game music and if it does eventually play my playlist its the same 1 or 2 songs repeated :banghead: ..just gave up.

Went back to the in-game music and found after repeated attempts at why I'm getting stuff I don't want to hear that to set up a playlist ie: your preferred Artist/Genre you had to select the ones you DON'T want and delete them from said list ......:confused: eh??

Update is being prayed for.
 
yeah same here, if they cant fix this then just allow us to play music from the ps3 player! I'd be happy with that. I could even live with the freezing at the end of the race if I didn't have to listen to the same 1 or 2 songs on my playlist with 260 songs.
 
Using your own custom background music off of your PS3 seems to be broken. The volume levels are way off and it constantly plays the same song over and over again, rarely changing it. It also causes it to skip when you finish a race.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have the same issue. I've found that if you manually restart a race (from the pause menu), then it will restart the race with the next/random song. Otherwise, it just the same song over and over, and occasionally the stock music tracks. Very annoying...
 
Having music issues as well. Often it still plays game music and tends to play the same songs over and over. The interface for selecting music needs reworked. They should add a button that can be pressed at the folder level to play all music in that folder/playlist. As it is you have to select an individual song, make sure play mode is set to shuffle and folder and just kinda hope that works... which doesn't really most of the time as mentioned above. It's very non-user friendly.
 
I noticed this problem as well. It's especially annoying after you start a new race in career. It automatically loads the game's BGM instead of yours. At least for me it does.
 
swg
Having music issues as well. Often it still plays game music and tends to play the same songs over and over. The interface for selecting music needs reworked. They should add a button that can be pressed at the folder level to play all music in that folder/playlist. As it is you have to select an individual song, make sure play mode is set to shuffle and folder and just kinda hope that works... which doesn't really most of the time as mentioned above. It's very non-user friendly.
Have had same Issues. One thing that has kind of helped it some. I created a playlist. Then on folder shifted to shuffle. Every now & then it eill play there song for most part its my playlist. Repeats occasionally
 
I'm having problems also It's annoying
 
No issues here ( ver 1.0) , but the sound levels aren't broken, GT5 used a dynamic equalizer that deems to have been scraped and the songs play at the default sound they were intended to.
 
its happening to me too, even though the shuffle is on, very rarely does the music change, this issue will have to be patched later so for now we will have to deal with it
 
I have the problem as well. Hopefully it's easy to fix for PD. :p
 
I'm noticing the same few song issue as well. I'm going to have to make a few other folders so at least I can hear different stuff in menus.

Also it keeps forgetting that I want to hear my own music (much like gt5 did). Menus seem to remember, however racing and replay don't. I suspect that it might have something to do with online races that have chat (which disables custom soundtracks?).

Anyway, PD didn't care enough to fix it in gt5, I'm guessing it will hold true here as well.
 
This needs sorting BIG time for me, my number 1 bug for me............ my music enhances my GT experience no end and for me this is just completely frustrating. Race BGM sometimes skips back to in-game music and if it does eventually play my playlist its the same 1 or 2 songs repeated :banghead: ..just gave up.

Went back to the in-game music and found after repeated attempts at why I'm getting stuff I don't want to hear that to set up a playlist ie: your preferred Artist/Genre you had to select the ones you DON'T want and delete them from said list ......:confused: eh??

Update is being prayed for.

999999% AGREE TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
So we have to remove the PD songs from the in-game playlist even when we're using User BGM?
 
No issues here ( ver 1.0) , but the sound levels aren't broken, GT5 used a dynamic equalizer that deems to have been scraped and the songs play at the default sound they were intended to.

sound levels are absolutely broken. Even at 120 it's about 1/3 as loud as the sound effects so you have to crank up the volume. then look out if you switch over to check the score of the hockey game :) might be different if you don't have a surround system though.
 
Oooooooooooooooh, I can't believe that something as simple as that IS NOT FIXED!
The custom music on GT5 was broken for me and now this?!??!?!?? WTF?!!!!!!!
 
Same problem. No fix seems to work.
 
is there a way to disable in game music or disable some tracks custom music only works 80% of the time I hate hearing the same songs over and over I know restarting a race will change tracks we need a button option!
 
I have also found that when I remove the tracks (namely the terrible rock tracks Daiko Kasho) from the menu BGM Playlist it not only doesn't stop playing it but seems to play it more often. Mainly on the pre-race menu
 
It is definitely broken. The volume levels for sure are. And for the rest:

I just can give you the advice to make your own playlist for gt6. And then try to fiddle around with the ways to implement it to the game and the shuffle modes. I think what made it for me to work - as long you can name it 'work' was:

- make playlist
- enter BGM menu and 'open ps3 music folder'
- chose playlist and press X so the individual tracks are shown
- DO NOT confirm by pressing X again but move right to the button in the lower right corner to open the menu for replay options
- set shuffle mode to on and replay to 'folder'
- leave by pressing O
- check the box saying 'use user BGM'

As I said: I THINK it worked that way.
 
Last edited:
I have also found that when I remove the tracks (namely the terrible rock tracks Daiko Kasho) from the menu BGM Playlist it not only doesn't stop playing it but seems to play it more often. Mainly on the pre-race menu

No where in gt6 can you disable individual tracks. Are you sure youre not still talking about gt5?
 
Last edited:
It is definitely broken. The volume levels for sure are. And for the rest:

I just can give you the advice to make your own playlist for gt6. And then try to fiddle around with the ways to implement it to the game and the shuffle modes. I think what made it for me to work - as long you can name it 'work' was:

- make playlist
- enter BGM menu and 'open ps3 music folder'
- chose playlist and press X so the individual tracks are shown
- DO NOT confirm by pressing X again but move right to the button in the lower right corner to open the menu for replay options
- set shuffle mode to on and replay to 'order'
- leave by pressing O
- check the box saying 'use user BGM'

As I said: I THINK it worked that way.

Order is not an option. Track, folder and off are the available options. Are different regional versions this different?
 
Last edited:
Ah, me dummy. I mixed languages.^^

On english PS3 it should be named 'folder'.

Just mixed it with the german 'Ordner' since during the selection my UK GT6 switches to german PS3 language. *g*

edited post
 
Yep, have the same issues with custom music on my end as well.
 
swg
No where in gt6 can you disable individual tracks. Are you sure youre not still talking about gt5?

In the Gallery section I went under the Menu BGM playlist, pressed SELECT and ticked the tracks and they were removed.
 
In the Gallery section I went under the Menu BGM playlist, pressed SELECT and ticked the tracks and they were removed.

I'll eat my shoe then :) I havent used gallery but will have a look later.
 
Just got the game yesterday and I noticed the same thing. I really hope PD fix this.
 
Well i figured out something: the custom bgm will work if asmentioned you go to the gallerya and remove the ingame tracks.

Then, what will happen is this. The custom tracks will start to play.

The menu tracks will play and change if:
1- you load a track in career mode,
2- when in the pre-race menu.

If the track you were in when you go to race (start to) that same track will start to play again from the beginning, when you get back to the pre race menu.

The race menu will kick in :
1-when the race starts. The little hang at start is the unit switching folders.

Once again, the track that will play when you cross the cinish line is the one who play starting next race
 
Well i figured out something: the custom bgm will work if asmentioned you go to the gallerya and remove the ingame tracks.

Then, what will happen is this. The custom tracks will start to play.

The menu tracks will play and change if:
1- you load a track in career mode,
2- when in the pre-race menu.

If the track you were in when you go to race (start to) that same track will start to play again from the beginning, when you get back to the pre race menu.

The race menu will kick in :
1-when the race starts. The little hang at start is the unit switching folders.

Once again, the track that will play when you cross the cinish line is the one who play starting next race
Thats why for the next race i always have to restart to get the next song
 
Well it's bearable. After all you do not hear the whole track when you cross the finish line
 
Back