Backing up save file

  • Thread starter Thread starter the-mont
  • 5 comments
  • 759 views
Messages
487
Messages
monty
Is there any way to make a backup to my gt5 saved file,
so if something happens to the ps3 I won't have to do everything again? (or kill myself)..
 
You'll need an external drive, such as a USB thumb drive or a FAT32-formatted external USB HD. There's an option in the system settings in the PS3 menus to backup saved data.

Warning though -- it backs up everything you've downloaded basically as well. My last backup, just prior to GT5's install and saves was about 45 GB. It took about an hour to back it up. YMMV.
 
I thought that method would only restore data to the same drive+PS3?

With the GT5 save file being copy protected it will be excluded from that backup anyway, won't it?
 
I thought that method would only restore data to the same drive+PS3?

With the GT5 save file being copy protected it will be excluded from that backup anyway, won't it?

Is that true? So copy protected saves don't get restored with the data back up utility?

I did a backup long time ago on ps3 when I replaced the hard drive to a bigger one, and I think my killzone 2 copy protected save didn't work afterwards, but this was like a year ago so I'm not a 100% sure.

Someone needs to clarify this... :guilty:
 
Bumping this to try and get a definitive answer as the last thing I want to do is spend ages on GT5 then get a yellow light, so hoping that a backup is possible.

Thanks.
 
Back