Backing up the xbox like the ps4, can you?XBOne 

England
southport
Hi guys I just bought another external drive 1tb to back up my xbox, i do this regular on my ps4 mainly after getting big download update files, as my connection is slow and i dont want to have to download them again....I just attach the drive go in to back up settings on ps4 and it copies everything across...While still keeping everything on the ps4..

On my xbox i want to do the same, but looking in the settings it looks like its going to transfer everything, i just want to backup and keep everything still on the xbox one, can it be done???

Thanks...

Edit**** I`ve managed to do this now, I think, didn`t think it was going to work at first, thought you could only move/transfer files from xbox one to another drive...

Last edited:
Hi guys I just bought another external drive 1tb to back up my xbox, i do this regular on my ps4 mainly after getting big download update files, as my connection is slow and i dont want to have to download them again....I just attach the drive go in to back up settings on ps4 and it copies everything across...While still keeping everything on the ps4..

On my xbox i want to do the same, but looking in the settings it looks like its going to transfer everything, i just want to backup and keep everything still on the xbox one, can it be done???

Thanks...

Edit**** I`ve managed to do this now, I think, didn`t think it was going to work at first, thought you could only move/transfer files from xbox one to another drive...

It sounds like you have got there but just incase, highlight a game press the menu button the choose manage, then move, it will ask you want to move said game from internal to external. Simple as that. You can also just send the game or just DLC, save files etc although quite why you would not select all I don't know.

Also not sure if you know but games load slightly quicker from external, or they do for me.

Back