Backlog: Hall Of Shame

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 41 comments

Waheed

Premium
No
We all have some gaming secrets, and since we are on the doors of a new generation of consoles and games here is a place to confess your sins.

List all of your backlog games here..

And I'll start by saying that 95% of my backlog is from PS+ and I'm not to blame

Saints Row 3
Deus Ex:HR
ICO & SOTC HD collection
Xcom:Enemy Unknown
Demon's Souls
BF3(campaign only)
AC: Brotherhood
MGS:HD collection
Infamous 2
Little Big Planet
Little Big Planet 2
Little Big Planet: kart racing
Persona 4 Golden
Bioshock
Borderlands 2
Darksiders 2

What's yours?

Probably my biggest one is Uncharted 3. I have owned it since a month after it launched and I have never put it into my PS3. And because of that, I won't pick up The Last of Us until I have completed U3.....

Oh god. PC gamers tend to have ridiculous backlogs because games can be picked up for very almost literally nothing. For example, just yesterday I bought Worms Armageddon, Blast, Crazy Golf and Pinball for $1 (£0.65) and the three FEAR games for £4.75. Out of the 508 games Steam says I have, only 55 have over 10 hours of play on them, and I know for a fact a lot of those are games that either don't exit correctly (so the play timer keeps ticking) or I left them on intentionally overnight to get the trading cards so I could sell them. And that's just Steam, I have games on Desura, GOG, Uplay and Origin I have yet to touch, countless alphas, betas, tech demos, demos, free indies and prototypes I've not even installed and some retail games that just float around because I forgot I have them; Battlestations: Midway is one that I've just remembered I have but haven't ever played. To list them all as the OP has would result in a pretty big post, so I won't.

On my PS3, my backlog is pretty impressive because of PS+ (I've been a member since they started giving out free games) but also because I'm a sucker for Classic games; I've got Resident Evil 2 and 3, Fear Effect 1 and 2, Nuclear and Soviet Strike, Future Cop LAPD, Syphon Filter 1, 2 and 3, LSD, God Hand, Midnight Club 1 and 2 and a few others to start. I have my eye on the GTA games (waiting for a sale) too. The only ones I've actually played and completed are MGS and MGS:VR Missions. And yet, all this stuff is installed on my hard drive and ready to go at any time...

I own several games on the PS3 that I'm likely never going to really get around to play properly. Disgaea 4, 3D Dot Game Heroes, NiGHTS... Into Dreams HD,Sega Rally Revo, etc. As far as my Wii is concerned... god damn. There has to be about a dozen games I bought for it when I first bought it but never got around to actually popping in. That's not even counting games that I just didn't finish (as opposed to never played at all), or the half dozen games Microsoft's Games for Gold program has given (of which the only one I've put any real time into is Dead Rising 2).

Couple with the fact that I'm still buying old PS2, PS1 and Gamecube games that I always wanted to play but never was able to find when they were new, and the fact that now I'm getting back into PC gaming now that I got my new laptop, and the situation doesn't seem like it will get better.

My backlog not including PS + games:

Puppeteer - working on it but BF4 has gotten in the way
ACIII - same as Puppeteer
Resistance 3
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War - Ghost of Sparta
LittleBigplanet 2
Sorcery

Vita:
Soul Sacrifice
ACIII: Liberation

Best way to get rid of all backlogged games is first finish all the Multiplayer Trophies. If this is the case, if backlog is the goal to finish game in 100% which is platinum then first play on line, then rest of trophies you can delay or leave for later. Sometimes grinding for reaching multiplayer level is time consuming.

I've got only Bioshock 2 which is pain in the neck. :/ But slowly going there.

Okey I may be asking a noob question, but if I have my head around this right this is a thread about games that you have ether liked or disliked that you have gotten and ether have never played before or just feel you haven't played enough?

this is a thread about games that you have gotten and ether have never played before or just feel you haven't played enough?

Edited to provide answer, at least in my case. I don't buy stuff I don't like, but I do buy a lot of stuff and forget to play it, either at all or enough. I can think of loads of games I've started, loved, but forgotten about and never finished. Maybe I'll thank myself in a few years' time when I remember that I have them?

Also once I forgot I'd already bought an indie game bundle and bought it twice by mistake. That was pretty special, but it was only $1.

Well nothing wrong with havng two of the same because then if something happens to one, you have the other. :lol:

Thanks for the clarification! ;) I honestly have never heard the word "backlog" before until now, that's why I asked. ;)

As for me, I have a lot (and I mean a lot) of games that I own and my list of games in my "backlog" is pretty massive (at least when comparing it to the ones I have seen posted here already it is), i'll have to go through them and type up a list on Microsoft Word before I post all of mine.

However I think I can start off with Gran Turismo 1. I just never played it enough since I had GT2 long before it and then later got a PS2. I like the game but I just never got into it when I had the chance. :(

The only game I haven't played since I got it is Dead Nation. Ever since the 2 free games apology package from Sony after the Great PSN Hack of 2011, I haven't touched it. Pretty much every PS3 game I've had, I've played.

Lets see... on PC:
Bioshock 1
Crysis
Crysis 2
Deus ex human revolution directors cut
Dishonored
Dragon age origins ultimate
Fallout new vegas
Far cry 3 blood dragon
Metro last light
Civilization 5
Tomb raider 2013
The witcher 2
ps3:
Tom clancy's rainbow 6 vegas 2
Ratchet and clank: a crack in time
Sonic generations
FEAR
Tomb raider underworld
Dragon age 2
Ninja gaiden sigma 2(not sure if just broken)
Demons souls
Killzone 3
God of war 3
Please help me with where to start guys, skyrim did this to me and still is doing it:guilty:

Wow. You guys sure have a huge backlog :eek:

I missed a ton of games when my PS2 died.

I totally forgot about God Of War, my brother is a huge fan. I have GOW 3 and Ascension but never played any of the series, is it worth playing? I mean the first 2 as well ?

Im not getting a PS4 or any cross platform games till ive cleared my back log.

Which means when I get a PS4 the whole process will likely start again, as I catch up on all the games i've missed out on.

PC:
ArcaniA-Gothic 4
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
Confrontation
Darksiders 2
Divinity II
Fallout New Vegas
Game Of Thrones
The Guild II
Painkiller Hell and Damnation
RAW - Realms of Ancient War
Red Faction Armageddon
SpellForce 2
Supreme Commander
Burnout Paradise
Crysis 2
Dead Space Series
Mirror's Edge
Bioshock Series

The list is only going to grow.

Waaay too many.

On the Xbox : probably a good 20 ish games I still need to finish. If not more.

On the PS : a few only, if I'm not counting the downloaded freemium PS+ games. If I include those. Ohh man...

On the PC : too many too.

So, my backlog:
  • Age of Empires II HD
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Battlefield 4
  • Borderlands 2
  • Call of Dury: Ghosts
  • Crysis 2
  • Crysis 3
  • Darksiders 2
  • Dead Island
  • Dead Space 3
  • Dishonored
  • Far Cry 3
  • GTA V
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Reus
  • Shank 2
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
And I've just had two weeks off from work. Still, I'm spending most of my spare time at the gym, with friends, reading or playing either Hearthstone or Dota 2 :indiff:

I could list them for ever
Shenmue (and II)
Various PS3 games that need finishing (or starting)
- Bioshock (+2)
- Dark Souls
- Asura's Wrath
- Driver SF
- Yakuza Dead Souls (finished, twice, but loads more to do)
- and so forth
RalliSport Challenge 2 (pumped loads of hours into it but want to finish SuperRally and get all the stuff)
Anything on my barely used GameCube...

- Dark Souls

Does Dark Souls count as a backlog game when alot of people don't have the ability to finish it :lol:?

I'm up to the following, many of which I haven't even started largely due to being a child when I got my PC earlier this year and the Summer Sale came on Steam. Some are technically replays of a game I've completed on PS3 but I still want to finish them.

Hitman Absolution (PS3 rest are PC, no intention to return to this one though)
Arma 3
Metro 2033 (at a point which is so broken it's near impossible to carry on)
Castle Crashers
Crysis 1
Crysis 2 Max Ed (completed on PS3, PC version WIP)
Crysis 3 (completed on PS3, PC version WIP)
Dark Souls (completed on PS3, PC version WIP)
Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Fallout 3 (completed on PS3, PC version WIP)
Fallout New Vegas (modded to high hell on a custom Hardcore playthrough)
GTA IV Episodes from LC
Mirrors Edge
Portal 2
Saints Row: The Third
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Total War: SHOGUN 2
The Witcher 2

I've excluded games which came as a result of another purchase (Humble Bundle) that I didn't really want.

Does Dark Souls count as a backlog game when alot of people don't have the ability to finish it :lol:?

I haven't even unwrapped Dark Souls, nor played Demon's Souls, I've heard the horror stories of the difficulty but I'm willing to give it a shot, and if I can make it through I really ought to get back and beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

hmm my backlog lets see

Tales Of the Abyss 3DS
Dragons Crown PS3 Started when it came out never finished Blame Tales Of Xillia
Windwaker Gamecube
a couple of ps2 rpgs
can I count NHL 12 If I haven't finished a single season yet?

I haven't even unwrapped Dark Souls, nor played Demon's Souls, I've heard the horror stories of the difficulty but I'm willing to give it a shot, and if I can make it through I really ought to get back and beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

It's worth trying for sure, my favourite game of the 'last' gen without doubt though it's not for everyone. It's not so much the pure difficulty that gets people, it's the lack of direction I think.

Back