backwards entry

• Thread starter 2waydiff
  • 19 comments
Australia
queensland
Samoan_drifter
hey guys,

does anyone have a got setup for doing backward entries on susuzki east course any car will do

Last edited:
A tune isn't going to make you an amazing drifter.

You have to practice. It's not gonna be like somebody comes up and gives you some amazing setup and then suddenly you can do backwards entries.

Sorry man, you're gonna have to just learn how to do it.

That's a 360, not a reverse entry. ;)

P.S.: Showoff! ^^

:lol: Hey I do that all the time and you haven't complained in the past :P

@OP, it's a reverse entry by the way - and no tune is going to magically make it possible.

Practice is all there is to drifting, tuning just changes characteristics to suit your preference.

Are you looking for a 360 or a Reverse entry?

In the meantime the video above is a reverse, probably best to go with a more stiff rear end and a car that grabs hard with the front wheels.

Or a long wheelbase, that works too :lol:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tEbP5dev4w">YouTube Link</a>

In the meantime the video above is a reverse, probably best to go with a more stiff rear end and a car that grabs hard with the front wheels.

A stiff rear end is not needed. My rear spring rate is always about 2-4kgmm lower than the front.

A stiff rear end is not needed. My rear spring rate is always about 2-4kgmm lower than the front.

Yeah well tuning comes down to personal preference I guess, I remember my rear being slightly harder then the front.

I find running softer spring rates actually helps the car to be pushed harder into corners as it slides the rear out more. It can be tuned right if your shocks and lsd are set accordingly.

I agree with softer spring rates in general, you only need to watch actual drifting to see that the cars' suspension actually compresses when necessary. Whether the stiffness is favored front or rear really depends on the car, but I can see making the rear stiffer in proportion to the front versus a typical tune in order to get a little extra wheelspin and decrease likeliness of bogging out while facing the wrong direction.

A tune isn't going to make you an amazing drifter.

You have to practice. It's not gonna be like somebody comes up and gives you some amazing setup and then suddenly you can do backwards entries.

Sorry man, you're gonna have to just learn how to do it.

i know that but i can already do backward entries on susuzki with my viper i just wanna try what other people are using

reverse

Just had a thought, why is it called reverse entry and backwards entry? Backwards makes more sense as the rear of the car is coming in first but reverse entry implys entering the corner in reverse like you see the guys on Forza do after a 360 entry

Reverse entry because at one point the angle of the car is more than 90 degrees... which means that you're literally sliding backwards at that point. Also it's ideal to maintain the angle throughout the entry some guys adjust the angle before the actual corner... looks sloppy but acceptable.

Reverse entry because at one point the angle of the car is more than 90 degrees... which means that you're literally sliding backwards at that point. Also it's ideal to maintain the angle throughout the entry some guys adjust the angle before the actual corner... looks sloppy but acceptable.

Not really acceptable. A proper reverse entry maintains the same angle until the apex. ;)

Makes it easier for the chaser too.

Your correct here haha

True. All to often in Forza video's people attempt Mad Mikes where they swing the car way past 90 degrees but rotate the front of the car back around before hitting the apex. Looks really bad

AWD cars make it that much easier to do reverse entries in, i was playing with 1 today, but mind you i cheated also, i had comfort mediums on the front and hards on the back, tuned the front lsd so it spins 1 wheelers and had awd controller set to 30/70. it handled a few way more reverse entries than was really nessesarybut hey, it was fun, and i didnt rage quit lol. and HTSUE that was an amazing video to watch, makes me wanna play the game and try it now lol.

Back