Bad disc me thinks

  • Thread starter Thread starter PapaPro
  • 41 comments
  • 2,215 views
Messages
79
H all,

Just a quick bit of advise needed. My GT5 disc I think is bad. It was a xmas gift from my son so I dont want to say anything. So I wonder, can I simply buy a new GT5 game and will it work with my saved game on my PS3?

I thought it was my lens but its a new system and all other discs/BR work fine. Its just GT5. And now the game will not load. Driving me mad as hell!

So can any GT5 disc work or do I have to start from scratch? Any advise apreciated.

Cheers
 
H all,

Just a quick bit of advise needed. My GT5 disc I think is bad. It was a xmas gift from my son so I dont want to say anything. So I wonder, can I simply buy a new GT5 game and will it work with my saved game on my PS3?

I thought it was my lens but its a new system and all other discs/BR work fine. Its just GT5. And now the game will not load. Driving me mad as hell!

So can any GT5 disc work or do I have to start from scratch? Any advise apreciated.

Cheers

You can use any disc you want, it won't care what disc you used to make your save game.
 
I doubt its the disc. Probably something to do with you savegame or install.

Try it on a different user and see if it loads.
 
Thanks for the help, I have two accounts and both crash. So I will try and buy another disc now.

Will let you know if I just wasted £50

Take care all
 
Return the disc in question & have it exchanged for a new one. If the disc is to blame then the shop should honor the fact that the disc is bad & exchange you a new disc @ no charge to you.
 
If you have the disc content saved on your PS3 hard drive, try deleting this (not the save!) and then loading from the disc. If it works you can reinstall to the hard drive. I had a similar problem, got stuck on one of the loading screens.
 
Return the disc in question & have it exchanged for a new one. If the disc is to blame then the shop should honor the fact that the disc is bad & exchange you a new disc @ no charge to you.

It was a gift and I dont have the heart to say anything.

I seen a copy in tesco so will go now and get a new one.

Cheers for your help:tup:
 
dont go buy a new one, try delete you GAME DATA utility NOT SAVE DATA and then run it from there.
 
PapaPro
It was a gift and I dont have the heart to say anything.

I don't get this. How is he going to be offended? Its hardly his or your fault if the disc is faulty.

Like if he bought you.... I dunno, a hammer drill or something and you plugged it in and it doesn't work because its faulty. You'd go and buy a new one to save hurting his feelings? It's crazy, just go and get it exchanged.
 
It was a gift and I dont have the heart to say anything.

I seen a copy in tesco so will go now and get a new one.

Cheers for your help:tup:
I understand where you're coming from but I am sure your son wants his gift to work properly. It's not his fault if the disc is faulty, he didn't have anything to do with the manufacture of it.
 
truthfully if my dad ever did anything stupid like that (not tell me when i could go exchange it and him go buy a new one)

id probably call him a idiot and be even more angry at him for being stupid enough to go spend another 60$ on a game he already had instead of just telling me that it isnt working for some odd reason and trying to get it exchanged.

never hurts to try man.
 
If you have the disc content saved on your PS3 hard drive, try deleting this (not the save!) and then loading from the disc. If it works you can reinstall to the hard drive. I had a similar problem, got stuck on one of the loading screens.

Hmmm... this sounds a good idea but how do I delete the data? I am sooo new to all this
 
truthfully if my dad ever did anything stupid like that (not tell me when i could go exchange it and him go buy a new one)

id probably call him a idiot and be even more angry at him for being stupid enough to go spend another 60$ on a game he already had instead of just telling me that it isnt working for some odd reason and trying to get it exchanged.

never hurts to try man.

My son is away and it will take days going this route. I have friends coming over tonight for some racing so my time is limited
 
My son is away and it will take days going this route. I have friends coming over tonight for some racing so my time is limited

Buy a new copy & then sell it on ebay after you got your faulty one replaced. :)👍
 
Hmmm... this sounds a good idea but how do I delete the data? I am sooo new to all this

Under the "game" menu in the XMB (main PS3 menu) there is a folder called "game data" up above trophies. You can delete the GT5 data in there and re-install.

Make sure you delete game data and not save data.

Backup your save data beforehand just to be safe.
 
Under the "game" menu in the XMB (main PS3 menu) there is a folder called "game data" up above trophies. You can delete the GT5 data in there and re-install.

Make sure you delete game data and not save data.

Backup your save data beforehand just to be safe.

Thanks so much! Doing it now. But I did get a new disc and it did not fix the problem. Should have listened to you guys first.

This will teach me
 
Thanks so much! Doing it now. But I did get a new disc and it did not fix the problem. Should have listened to you guys first.

This will teach me

oh no! I deleted the data and inseted the new disc. Now when I put the disc in is said corruped data?

Any ideas?
 
oh no! I deleted the data and inseted the new disc. Now when I put the disc in is said corruped data?

Any ideas?

You deleted the game data, and when you insert the new GT5 disc you get an error?

Maybe your save is corrupt.

Backup your save, then delete it, and try to run the game again.


I'd also recommend waiting for some other suggestions before listening to me, I'm no expert, just another guy with a PS3.
 
You deleted the game data, and when you insert the new GT5 disc you get an error?

Maybe your save is corrupt.

Backup your save, then delete it, and try to run the game again.


I'd also recommend waiting for some other suggestions before listening to me, I'm no expert, just another guy with a PS3.

Copied saved data to USB stick and rebooted the PS3 slim. Signed back in and deleted old saved data on the machine. Now I cant sign in! I hate this fu**ing game! Ruined everything for me!

Anyone know how to clean my PS3 to factory settings? Or I smash the thing to tiny peices
 
Copied saved data to USB stick and rebooted the PS3 slim. Signed back in and deleted old saved data on the machine. Now I cant sign in! I hate this fu**ing game! Ruined everything for me!

Anyone know how to clean my PS3 to factory settings? Or I smash the thing to tiny peices

You can't sign in to your PS3?

It may be tech support time.
 
You can't sign in to your PS3?

It may be tech support time.

Ok it just signed in. I have NO GT5 data on my system but when I put the new disc in is says corrupt????????

PLEASE someone help me. Will a system clean help?
 
Start the game & then in the game options do a clean up from there. Also in "Network" delete the cache.

Heard this should work better. ;)
 
Start the game & then in the game options do a clean up from there. Also in "Network" delete the cache.

Heard this should work better. ;)

This is becoming a joke! Thanks PD.

Every DVD I tried worked. Even my F12008 worked no problem. Just GT5 with this corrupt thing.

So I just wiped the hard drive and the PS3 is now. Lost all my cars from my other account but that is that. Now I am tring to log into my old account and get this message "The connection to the server has timeed out". So I cant get in. Tried a LAN and then wireless. Its the same thing. My PS3 is fine. Hardly been used! But now I lost everything.
 


if you can, back up your ps3. if not try to save everything you can, because a factory reset will wipe your HDD.
 


if you can, back up your ps3. if not try to save everything you can, because a factory reset will wipe your HDD.


I already wiped the harddrive. Now I get "connection to the server timmed out"

Just cannot believe this is happening
 
have you tried powering down your router and rebooting it? maybe you have an IP address conflict w/ another device on your router, and your PS3 is fighting for the same address??
 
have you tried powering down your router and rebooting it? maybe you have an IP address conflict w/ another device on your router, and your PS3 is fighting for the same address??

Thanks for taking the time to help. But I just tried that and still the connection to the server timed out? Oh poo. Am I a sissy boy if a cry like a baby???

I know my PS3 slim is ok. Everything worked so well it was just GT5. I tested now for weeks and eliminated everything one by one. It was the GT5 game. Now I am totally lost.

So now I have a clean sysytem but cannot log into my old account. It says internet connection is fine as I did the test in the network options.

If anyone has one more idea I would apreciate it or my PS3 days are over. I really had enough now. Such a shame
 
I had to turn off Media Server Connection (under network setting on the ps3) in order to get online. If its enabled i get the connection timed out errors and I cant log in ect.
 
I had to turn off Media Server Connection (under network setting on the ps3) in order to get online. If its enabled i get the connection timed out errors and I cant log in ect.

Tried that my friend and still no joy. GT5 screwed my system up. Back to Sony it goes.

Thanks to all who tried to help. You are all wonderful.

Take care
 
Well thats a bummer. Sorry for the bad luck!
 
Back